Just a couple of questions concerning reputation of clubs, leagues and managers.

1.When signing a player, what rep is most important as to whether he wants to come?Manager's, club's or league's?

2.Is it true that a leagues rep cannot increase but a clubs and managers can?

3. Which are the top 5 leagues at the start of the game for rep?

4. Which are the top 5 clubs at the start of the game for rep?

This is my views on the matter :

1) Combination of all 3

2) AFAIK managers and clubs rep can increase (obv) but i am unsure about League rep, but i would of thought it would be possible.

3) I would of thought England , Spain , Germany , Italy and one of France , Holland , Scotland or Portugal ?

4) I would of thought : Man U , Real Madrid , AC milan , Barcelona , Chelsea.

Just a couple of questions concerning reputation of clubs, leagues and managers.

1.When signing a player, what rep is most important as to whether he wants to come?Manager's, club's or league's?

2.Is it true that a leagues rep cannot increase but a clubs and managers can?

3. Which are the top 5 leagues at the start of the game for rep?

4. Which are the top 5 clubs at the start of the game for rep?

1/ Clubs - without a shadow of a doubt

2/ False - a leagues rep can increase after sustained success at continental level

3/ Look in the editor

4/ Look in the editor

1/ Clubs - without a shadow of a doubt

2/ False - a leagues rep can increase after sustained success at continental level

3/ Look in the editor

4/ Look in the editor

Are you sure about number 2 because I've never seen it and I've been playing the game since championship manager days. A screenie would be nice or some other proof.

I guess its possible if they have many teams succeeding in the CL, thus raising their rep so the leagues rep increases? That's the only way I can see a leagues rep going up, I loaded my only long-term save I have which is 42 seasons in but the editor gets an error trying to open it to see league reps.

did a guy not try to get the league of iceland or somewhere's rep changed by going a team, getting domestic dominance, improving on the european front, buying better players, selling his old players to other clubs in the league so then the whole league would gradually improve from his one club.

Try this, start a game with either Celtic or Rangers (rep is like 7500)

Check what players you can sign, now in FMM change the league rep, you will be able to sign more players and better ones at that.

No matter how high you take a club the league rep holds you back as it cannot change, I hope it can change in FM09.

Try this, start a game with either Celtic or Rangers (rep is like 7500)

Check what players you can sign, now in FMM change the league rep, you will be able to sign more players and better ones at that.

No matter how high you take a club the league rep holds you back as it cannot change, I hope it can change in FM09.

That suggest to me also that league rep can change in game. What you've just said there is that smiply by changing league rep you can sign better players, what you haven't said is that league rep does or doesn't change by playing the game normally, it's obvious that if you change the league rep in FMM you'll instantly be able to sign better players.

In fact on further reading your 2nd paragraph contradicts your 1st one or am i missing the point somewhere?

League rep increases so slowly it's virtually imperceptible - on FM and real life. Look at France - every year their clubs go quite far in all European contests (finalists of Champ League not long ago) but as soon as anyone like Drogba or Essien catch the eye of an English/Spanish/Italian club they're off. So getting Kaka and his ilk to come to Northern Ireland or Denmark is going to be a very tough challenge.

Reputation needs to be looked at. A few years ago you would not put the Premiership at the top but you would now. Germany for example passed from being a top league to a lower league to an ok league. Reputation changes over time based on vistories at tournaments (European, World) and on signings (Big names, money). However unlikely this should be reflected in the game. If you manage a Scottish club you may never do much but it wasn't so long ago that a Scottish club made a European final and that one won a European final. This put the league at a better level, had they followed it up then the reputation would've improved as better players would've joined. The Russian league is a classic example. Many top players join that league, if only the league could produce top class results more often then that league would raise in standards.

v8.02

League Reputations:

Spanish First Division 19/20

English Premier Division 18/20

Italian Serie A 18/20

Ligue 1 Orange (France) 16/20

German First Division 16/20

(The next highest are Brazil, Argentina & Portugal with 15)

Club Reputations

Milan 9700

Barcelona 9500

R. Madrid 9500

Inter 9500

Man Utd 9250

Couple more questions on reputation...

1. Looking at the data Kyno's put up, would it make sense to say that Madrid and Barcelona are the most attractable clubs at the start of the game considering the league and club rep(seeing as that is what makes a club attractable).

2. I am managing a Shakhtar team from Ukraine. I have loads of money, and my rep is continental and the club's rep is continental also. But players reject me because they feel a move to Ukraine isn't right. Will this forever happen or if I won LOADS of Champions Leagues, would more players want to come to me or would the leagues reps stumbling block still be in the way?

Couple more questions on reputation...

1. Looking at the data Kyno's put up, would it make sense to say that Madrid and Barcelona are the most attractable clubs at the start of the game considering the league and club rep(seeing as that is what makes a club attractable).

2. I am managing a Shakhtar team from Ukraine. I have loads of money, and my rep is continental and the club's rep is continental also. But players reject me because they feel a move to Ukraine isn't right. Will this forever happen or if I won LOADS of Champions Leagues, would more players want to come to me or would the leagues reps stumbling block still be in the way?

1. I would think so.

2. I'm afraid that will always be a stumbling block as league rep is static.

That suggest to me also that league rep can change in game. What you've just said there is that smiply by changing league rep you can sign better players, what you haven't said is that league rep does or doesn't change by playing the game normally, it's obvious that if you change the league rep in FMM you'll instantly be able to sign better players.

In fact on further reading your 2nd paragraph contradicts your 1st one or am i missing the point somewhere?

It cannont change in game as everybody else has said so and I have done tests for it, (leaving games on holiday then seeing noones league rep change over 10years). So no it cannont change.

I say that if it could change it would make the game completely different, better in my oppinion cause you can sign players you normally wouldnt.

For instance you win the Champions League with Rangers, Celtic get in the semi final, the league becomes more balanced, dont you think the league rep would go up at least one point.

League rep definitely does not change. It is static and it can also not be edited with FMM.

Yes you are correct. I didn't realise until i checked yesterday that league standard (which does change) and league reputation are two different things. I wonder what affect an increased league standard has on that league, if any?

Yes you are correct. I didn't realise until i checked yesterday that league standard (which does change) and league reputation are two different things. I wonder what affect an increased league standard has on that league, if any?

Here is what league standard is:

It means "better league" , for example if you have a national league standard of 9 clubs like Siena , West Ham , Schalke will skin you of your best players even if you are European champion ; when your league goes up to 18 they will not even attempt to ( fm07 excessively tested )

Also at a national league standard of 9 AI teams will be interested in players with CA 130 and many foreigners will not willing to sign for any club of this given league ; after you rise this to lets say 16 AI (domestic) teams will go sign far better CA players and everyone will be happy to join and play in your league.

I have not see any regen quality related issue so far.

Sorry...I didn't really get that part about league standard?

It think it basically means that AI teams will try to sign better players and lower clubs in bigger leagues will not try to poach your players if your league standard is too high.

Okay...but it doesn't help attract players to your club?

It may help to a degree but I think club rep is the most important factor for this and league rep effectively indicates how high that can go and league rep does not change.

Sorry...I didn't really get that part about league standard?

Club Reputation = The reputation of your club and which is the main factor attracting good players to join.

League Reputation = It gives an cap in your club reputation. If it is low, no matter how much CL you won, you still cant get your club reputation beyond the cap.

League Standard = The standard of the skill level of your league. It will affect the development of players ability through more competitive matches. (AFAIK)

The Russian league is a classic example. Many top players join that league, if only the league could produce top class results more often then that league would raise in standards.

Russian league is still ****, you need to watch a few games. Many top players are greedy bastards and only go there for money.

Club Reputation = The reputation of your club and which is the main factor attracting good players to join.

League Reputation = It gives an cap in your club reputation. If it is low, no matter how much CL you won, you still cant get your club reputation beyond the cap.

League Standard = The standard of the skill level of your league. It will affect the development of players ability through more competitive matches. (AFAIK)

What sort of tests have been done to confirm this? I'm trying to do a test myself but its very time consuming ensuring a small nation league team wins the CL every season. From what i have done, the rep increase from winning the CL has definately been decreasing each year, but i'm just waiting to see if it actually reaches a point where it's can't increase anymore.

Not that i'm doubting the information i've seen, just want to see for myself the extent of this and how it works within the game.

What sort of tests have been done to confirm this? I'm trying to do a test myself but its very time consuming ensuring a small nation league team wins the CL every season. From what i have done, the rep increase from winning the CL has definately been decreasing each year, but i'm just waiting to see if it actually reaches a point where it's can't increase anymore.

Not that i'm doubting the information i've seen, just want to see for myself the extent of this and how it works within the game.

From what I read on the forums it affects as when you finish the league season you rep goes down. You still get as much rep increase as other teams fro winning the Champions League but it is just that the league finishes the rep will decrease.

It was a known issue for years although it is not widely recognized. For example the German Bundesliga have a league reputation of 16, which is nearly equal to a reputation cap of 7500.

So, after a few seasons into the game, you can see the best team in German league can at most get a reputation around 7500, as the game scale it down according to the cap every year.

If I used the Editor and moved the liks of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man Utd to the SPL what would happen?

I take it their rep would be capped lower (as well as the financial implcations)?

Thier reputation would stay as normal at first and would only decrease when the league season finishes.

Legue Rep probably has to do with the nation Co-efficents

It doesn't at the moment as it is static but I think it would to have it like that in the future.

Scotland have three teams in the champions league (rangers, celtic, hearts) this season on my FM07 save so the teams will get better beacause they can afford a better standard of player. for most teams in scotland it is the money they are provided not their reputation that is the problem. at the start of the game if you put 'filter unrealistic targets' on the player seach, rangers have £6million players on the list but dont get the financial backing to get these players.

Archived