Vista FM08 problem

I am trying to install FM08 on windows vista, however I am getting an error after installation saying ''The were some errors during installation ; view the installation log for more details''

Then running the game it comes up with no skin, just white and doesn't work properly :(

What is th problem?

Known Issues & General Troubleshooting

White & Black Screen Issues

There are three probable causes for you getting a white or black frozen screen upon starting the game.

The First reason could be that your Cache files have become corrupted and deleting them will fix the issue.

To do this follow either of these paths depending on your Operating System.

Windows XP:

C:\Users\<User Name\App Data\

Vista:

C:\Users\<User Name>\App Data\Roaming

Once you can see inside those folders delete the Sports Interactive Folder.

If you can’t see those folders you will have to make “Hidden” files viewable.

For Vista:

In a window, go to 'Organize'->'Folder and Search Options'->'View'-> and select 'Show hidden files and folders'.

For XP:

Make sure you are able to see hidden folders:

When in a window, go to 'Tools'->'Folder Options'->'View'-> and make sure 'Show hidden files and folders' is selected.

If this doesn’t solve your issue then please follow the steps for updating your Java / Graphics Card drivers from the “How too” section above. These are the most common reasons for the black/white screen issues.

Source: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=39303

Try and make sure that you have the latest version of direct x and Java. Not having these seems to cause a lot of problems otherwise FM works fine with vista because I've been using it since the release. After installing these programs make sure you reboot before trying to install fm again.

Archived