Starting unemployed..

Hey guys i`ve never started a game unemployed... I was wondering what type of clubs offer you a job if you do so? What leagues? If i pick GERMAN nationality will the clubs from England ask me to work for them or since i`m unemployed i start with a pretty clean sheet and the only jobs i`ll be able to get is the lowest leagues in Germany? How does it work? Can anyone explain? Thanks!

Crappy clubs (no offence) and very little money. You will work with lower league teams depending on what your starting league is, the month you've selected. It works by working your butt off.

But will the job positions come from the lowest leagues around the world or the country i picked i am from?

As an example, in my current career, with an English Nationality, I started at Akropolis in the Sweidsh 2nd Division ES, then moved to SD Noja in the Spanish 2nd Division B, then to Verl in the German Regionalliga.

As you can see there is no real impact on your career from the nationality you pick

I started as a random reputation and the best offer I got was L2 club (I think) Grimbsy. Went around Europe after that, French 2nd div, Serie B, back to the Championship, eventually got to Aston Villa, but by then the new patch was out so I went back to manage Leeds on the new game.

Another game, I started unemployed as an ex-international. My first job was Man City.

I remember trying this in FM2007 just to see what would happen. I started unemployed playing the English leagues with no background at the beginning of the season (Jul 2006). It took about 5 months for a club to finally offer me a job, when Lurgan Celtic (I think they're a Northern Ireland non-league side) finally stepped in and offered me something in December. I took one look at them and thought better of it, before quitting the game!

It's very hard to start unemployed with no reputation as the lower league teams that come in for you will put it very very difficult for you to work miracles. There is also the issue of players retiring by the time you get anywhere meaning all you can rely on is regens and in a way that takes the fun out of the game.

Nationality does have some affect. If you are English you will be more likely to get jobs there as you're home rep starts higher than your world rep.

It all depends on what reputation you choose to start with. If you choose international rep then you will be able to get jobs like PSV, Hearts, Recreativo etc.

Tough to get jobs. Started unemployed recently on automatic and only offer I got was Hannover Park in the South African second div. Think it was in FM07 I started as an international and managed to get multiple offers and managed Bournemouth, quit that and got a job as Nottingham Forest manager. In another game I got the job as Canada manager after quitting a German lower league club after only a few days there, managing to win the Gold Cup and couldn't get any decent offers, ending up in Argentina I think.

If you tick "Automatic Experience" you'll only get offered jobs from ticking

"apply for higher reputation vacancies"

on the Holiday Options screen, where those vacancies are depends on the nations/leagues you have loaded.

Your Rep does go up from Auto-Exp, but it does take an awful long time, as small clubs in minor leagues means small rep changes.

I don't think your nationality comes into consideration in FM.

I think it does.

Because there have been posts claiming to have started unemployed with the lowest rep./English nationality, and were able to get a BSN/BSS job. Yet, I can use the same settings except with US nationality, and it's not possible to start in the BSN/BSS.

So based on that, I think nationality does matter.

I think it does.

Because there have been posts claiming to have started unemployed with the lowest rep./English nationality, and were able to get a BSN/BSS job. Yet, I can use the same settings except with US nationality, and it's not possible to start in the BSN/BSS.

It's true. as an american i have a real tough time getting into any blue square team (with my low reputation). once, i did manage to get a job nice with Athlone Town in the second irish division. (eventually i got them into group stages of the UEFA cup). I recently got a job with a fourth tier Denmark team. its harder but fun.

I think it does.

I use an English nationality, starting Unemployed with Automatic experience and I've almost never had my 1st job as UK based manager, it has usually been Eastern European, Scandinavian or Far Eastern as a 1st job, and frequently these same nation areas as a 2nd, 3rd & 4th job, I can always get a BSS/N job if i apply manually.

We have Current, Home & World Rep.

World Rep + Current Rep is used when applying for jobs out side your Home nation, AI Managers (from that Nation) will use Current + Home Reps.

This makes a difference as Current/Home Reps are usually fairly equal in value, but World Rep is normally around half.

The more nations & leagues you have loaded means more varied opportunities.

Archived