FM patch

hi people out there, ive been playing FM for around 10 years and this is the first time i joined the forum and read about patch. can anyone enlighten me what patch is all about and how to use them? im sure everyone is excited about FM09! cheers

A patch is an update for the game which fixes common flaws which are noted by ppl on the forums and which SI collect and deal with and then send off int he so-called patch. It doesn't always fix all problems but will strongly improve your game in about a 90-95% capacity.

Patches fix bugs which the game has and they also (8.0.2) sometimes include transfer updates.

The 8.0.2 patch can be found here. All you need to do is download the rar file and then once it's downloaded, use WinRar to extract the exe. Then just double click the exe and follow the instructions.

I think it's just great that somebody plays FM for 10 years without a patch.

It's not that uncommon actually, I started playing with CM97 and didn't patch until FM08 :p The first I ever heard of a patch was CM05 (I think) I bought it because it was £5 took it home and tried it out, there was a bug that meant when you signed a player he came for a day and then returned to his old club :confused: Not knowing any better I took it back to the shop and requested a refund because it wasn't working, then stood with a blank expression as the sales assitant explained you were supposed to download something called a "patch" :p

Archived