I am sick of Assistants buggering off!

I've now gone through many, many assistants.

The First is Kelly, who after leaving for reasons unknown became the manager of Millwall and is now one of my major rivals at Pompey. For some reason he hates me too... I think he just decided to give managing a go for himself, he unlike the others I'm not so annoyed about.

His immediate replacement was Hans Backe. A great assistant, did well for the club and it was even his "I think [x] would be a good signing" that made me sign Vidal... But seriously after a 3 good years at the end of his contract again, he declared that he would need a massive contract to stay. So he left, couldn't find employment and... Well, he's gone now.

Then we have Steve Bould, he was a good assistant, but my rage at a lack of a good left winger was aimed at him after he commented that my Captain and best Central Defender was our best. So I offered him a position as a coach, and he's remained a vital part of the coaching staff ever since.

Then I brought in the Bigman, Genesio! He, unlike Bould knew a good player when he saw one, but unlike Bould he was a Jackass, and at the end of his contract he's now buggered off! Again it would take a very large contract to keep him here, so now he's unemployed! Since during this time I had became England manager too and appointed him (along with much of my backroom staff) as my Assistant, I sacked him immediatly and brought in Friedel.

So after wasting alot of words, how can I stop my assistants from becoming too big for their boots and buggering off!

I have the opposite problem. I've been stuck with the same useless assman for 3 years. I couldn't let him go because I couldn't afford to pay the compensation fee (I'm playing LL style, so no massive wage bill or transfer budget for me).

Luckily he's in his last season, so hopefully I can sign a decent one at the end of this season.

How much wages did they require? And how much maximum can you offer them?

It seems like you have palyed into several seasons now and I wonder if you cannot really improve the team finance?

I cannot really tell of how you can stop that, but normally staff members would list the manager as their favorite personnel after a few years working together. My ass man is currently earning only 15k a week and been with me for 8 years now.

Last popular question: "Are you using the latest patch?"

In the previous patch or unpatched, there was that problem that it capped the ass man salary at 13k per week or so.

Assuming you want to keep your assistant in the first place then the easiest way to prevent other teams from poaching him I have found is to offer him a new contract the second you take over. This generally puts most clubs off because the compensation would be more than most could manage.

So only 1 actually "Buggered off"

Kelly - left for a managers role, not unlike real life.

Hans Backe - Wanted a bigger contract, which you didn't offer, and he left. Again, not much unlike real life

Bould - YOU demoted him, hardly "buggered off"

Genesio! - Another that wanted a large contract that you didn't offer.

So the only one that buggered off, was Kelly, the one that you state you didn't have a problem with him leaving.

Ass Man for Derby county, if they have a bigger rep than the club, (which is likely) - then they will ask for bigger contracts because its the money they feel they deserve. Its logical, not "buggering off". I could tell you 50 Ass Men from pastures past that have gone on to become managers, and others who haved moved clubs for better prospects.

To be fair tho Nepen.... two left after they werent given bigger contracts to be unemployed. Realistically.... you would take the same pay if you didnt have contract with more pay. So thats not realistic.

Originally posted by Flair:

To be fair tho Nepen.... two left after they werent given bigger contracts to be unemployed. Realistically.... you would take the same pay if you didnt have contract with more pay. So thats not realistic.

Thats a valid point, but IRL, any coach worth his salt, (which those obviously were) would find another job almost instantly.

Archived