2D and 3D Match engines

Could someone clear up a question I have about the new 3D Match engine, and its link to the 2D match engine.

Are the two engines directly linked to each other, or are they two different game engines.

For example, on FIFA Manager 2008, which also has multiple ways to view a match, in the the text view it is extremely easy to score from headers, if you have the right players and cross alot, but however, If your watch your team in 3D, it is extremely hard to score from crosses, as the headers are tame and the crosses are poor, because of the 3D engine.

I would hate this to be the same in FM 2009, and wanted to know if the same 'script'? would be used for both 2D and 3D. so the same things happen, but its just the view that changes.

I hope my question is understandable.

Just to add one more to that, I believe the 2D, 3D and text only are all exactly the same data displayed differently

Agreed. My understanding is that the text commentary, 2d & now the 3d engine are all just an interpretation of the actual match engines calculations.

A nice touch but why does anyone wanna sit at a computer screen and watch an entire "live" (computer game) match?? Football is going through a financial crisis, people should be going to support their teams! :)

It will serve big football clubs right if they get into a financial mess, small ones are always on the verge of financial meltdown, but since the current economic climate affects individuals far more than fat football clubs there is nothing wrong with people saving their money - FM is a lot cheaper than watching real football live week in week out ;)

Archived