Signing on fees'

Does anybody ever actually give the player a signing on fee?* I find it completely pointless to offer it to them even though in real life i know they happen. Its just that i always manage to sign players and i always remove their signing on fee. No matter how much they ask for (eg £5mil) they still accept 0.

1 Question(2 i guess *), as i have never given a player one, does this fee come out of your transfer budget?

Are you sure? I've had plenty players sign for another club rather than me because I skimped on the signing-on fee. I never give one for a current player renewing their contract, and I always reduce the fee players I'm trying to sign ask for, but giving them nothing sounds risky to me.

It doesn't come out of your transfer budget. I usually give them what they ask for if it isn't excessive. Mostly though if I am competing with another club because in that case you don't get a 2nd chance if the player doesn't like you not giving him a signing fee

Are you sure? I've had plenty players sign for another club rather than me because I skimped on the signing-on fee. I never give one for a current player renewing their contract, and I always reduce the fee players I'm trying to sign ask for, but giving them nothing sounds risky to me.

Well i guess its kinda hard to tell why people reject you. Maybe i'm too kind and think that the players aren't signing for one club rather than another cos they're giving them a few million before they even play a game. I guess it could be the reason when somebody doesn't sign for me. But i just move on when they don't i don't ever think its cos of that. But they mainly choose me unless i'm say spurs and Milan come in for him then obviously he'd rather go there.

Atleast my way i know they are joining because the want to join. Also, when they reject a contract offer... They never say... I would like a bigger signing on fee!

Does anybody ever actually give the player a signing on fee?* I find it completely pointless to offer it to them even though in real life i know they happen. Its just that i always manage to sign players and i always remove their signing on fee. No matter how much they ask for (eg £5mil) they still accept 0.

1 Question(2 i guess *), as i have never given a player one, does this fee come out of your transfer budget?

Cheapskate.

I give them £100k at the most.

I feel like I'm cheating otherwise.

i always take off the yearly wage rise and no-one ever seems to care about that. i think its silly and an easy way for your finances to get out of control.

I've had youth players quite often refuse to sign/re-sign unless given a yearly increase.

Even when in a battle to sign a player i never offer a signing on fee and you right, it makes no difference at all.

Only ever give signing on fees when lots of clubs are after the player I'm signing, e.G: N'Zogbia for 13million and 5 other clubs are bidding for him, he wants 68k a week and 1mil signing on fee, I offer 75k a week and 1.5 mil signing on feee, I get him over bigger clubs than me.

If I'm the only one bidding or am not desperate for the player I NEVER give them what they ask for, I almost never give them any signing on fee.

It's a pointless option since they ask for rediculous wages and appearance payments. I don't think a player commanding eg. 50k a wk should ask for appearance payments. It's unrealistic cos irl you would tell him where to stick it.

IRL top clubs have to offer top players signing on fees. If a player is on 50k a week, it would suggest that he is a pretty good player and it the club want to sign him they will have to pay him something. I understand that it is normally a percentage of the transfer fee though, rather than a flat amount.

If a top club is signing a player on a bosman, they will definately have to give them a big signing on fee. The player will argue that they are not having to compensate the current club, so he wants some of that cash! It happened when sol campbell went to arsenal. I think his signing on fee was 2million quid!

I've had players turn down contracts because they feel they "deserve a better signing on fee and significant bonuses for first team appearances."

If I'm offering a contract to someone who initially doesn't want to come I'll up the signing on fee as well as salary, which sometimes is enough of a sweetener to sign the mercenary git.

Archived