New 09 transfer system - More realistic

I know the transfer system has been re written.

Really looking forward to having a go with it.

I was thinking about one aspect though. The youtube video said that clubs transfer policy will try to mirror clubs transfer policy in real life.

So, how is this decided.

Aresnal is the obvious example. So in 09 I expect them to be buying the best young talent from around the world. But, is this going to be decided by a manager or the club.

For example, if I take over from Wenger, will the club still expect me to sign youngsters??

Am I more likley to get the sack if I start signing players in theit late 20's???

I was thinking about one aspect though. The youtube video said that clubs transfer policy will try to mirror clubs transfer policy in real life.

So, how is this decided.

Aresnal is the obvious example. So in 09 I expect them to be buying the best young talent from around the world. But, is this going to be decided by a manager or the club.

For example, if I take over from Wenger, will the club still expect me to sign youngsters??

Am I more likley to get the sack if I start signing players in theit late 20's???

As far as I understand, the rewritten transfer code applies to the AI only. Thus if YOU take over Arsenal you employ your own policy. However all the other AI-controlled clubs will have more realistic transfer policies.

Ah this is actually a really good question, i was kind of wondering myself. I think Phnompenhandy is spot on though and that it will be an AI thing, leaving us to figure out our own transfer policies and how we operate in the market when we take over a club. I cant wait to try out the new transfer system so see what has been done though, has to be one of the most exciting new features announced!

How is it decided though??

Using Arsenal again. Wenger always leaves at some point on FM08. So will his new club continue to sign the best youngsters around or will Aresenal & Wenger alter their transfer policy now they've parted company??

Will there be a club/manager attribute that determines transfer policy??

How is it decided though??

Using Arsenal again. Wenger always leaves at some point on FM08. So will his new club continue to sign the best youngsters around or will Aresenal & Wenger alter their transfer policy now they've parted company??

Will there be a club/manager attribute that determines transfer policy??

Frankly, none of us fans know such details at this point. Hopefully it will be clarified in the impending series of blogs.

I got the impression that the new transfer module would address general things like teams buying players they clearly don't need and won't play just because they're good, and some of the more outrageous fees, rather than specific stuff like Arsenal somehow buying great kids on the cheap all the time, Newcastle buying expensive injury-prone flops etc.

So, how is this decided.

The way I took that statement was less detailed like that, I thought it meant more like Inter won't sign a striker for 40m that sits on the bench for a season and is then sold for 10m. That is the most unrealistic piece of the current transfer system in my eyes.

The ost unrealistic policy is you buy a player for say 5m and then after a season or 2 you may want to replace him with someone else for no other reason than choice, however no-one wants to buy that player and you either end up stuck with him or selling him at a loss even though he may have been brilliant.

Archived