Hey man, forward arrows off? FM2009 maan

I was pondering the rumour (or fact) that there will be no arrows on the tactics screen for FM09, this has me SCARED :eek:

my tactic has one player from the wing with a "forward arrow" to the right side of attack. My tactic relies on him giving square support to his striker, plus giving a wide option (i play one up top, Asamoah Gyan plays the AMR role atm)ba

FM2008 says that the arrow indicates where i want him to be "when we have the ball", i wonder how i will do this im fm2009???

AFAIK you won't be able to build "Arrow-happy" tactics on FM09.

I think there is still an arrow, but (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) it's simply to instruct the player to make forward runs:

No arrow = rarely

Short arrow = mixed

Long arrow = often

I could be wrong, but I think I read that somewhere.

AFAIK you won't be able to build "Arrow-happy" tactics on FM09.

I think there is still an arrow, but (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) it's simply to instruct the player to make forward runs:

No arrow = rarely

Short arrow = mixed

Long arrow = often

I could be wrong, but I think I read that somewhere.

That is right. Drawing an arrow forward means they make forward runs often.

No arrow means mix

Barrow means rarely.

It stops the match engine from being exploited by silly/ingenious tactics.

i hope you still get the arrows i i only worked out last month how to use them.

the arrows will not be in FM2009. They will only show if you have a player set to make forward runs. You will see a barrow if set to forward runs rarely. This is how it is in FM Live.

No arrows , Why ? :(

I think it's an attempt to make the game harder and stop "cheat" tactics like Kimz, that use arrows to manipulate the match engine and become super tactics. Remember the Diablo tactic and the arrow that meant the AMC was never marked and scored loads :D It's to try and stop that happening again.

So at the moment in FM08, the farrows dont mean 'make these forward runs', they mean 'be at the end of the arrow when we have the ball'?

I think so, that's why if you have two wingers with arrows up to the strikers it looks like you are playing 4-2-4 when you're taking a goal kick.

They should just use the same system but restrict the arrows/farrows/barrows to only 4? Makes more sense to me doing it that way.

How is that in any way realistic?

There's no rule in the FA book that says managers can only tell 4 people to run forwards or backwards when the team has the ball :D

Other than kimz's full-back arrows, a lot of the other arrows aren't entirely unrealistic. For example, Torsten Frings would accurately be represented as a defensive midfielder with a big arrow to the FR position, as would, say, Darren Fletcher and Owen Hargreaves.

After all, since it's pretty much impossible for wingers to get past full-backs without double-timing him and pulling him out of position, no arrows will be a shame.

I have played the FML match engine and it is definetly an improvement. The lack of arrows doesn't mean nothing as instructions have much stronger effects. Playing a player with a weak left foot on the left side and he will cut in a lot anyway. Tell him no to cross and shoot lots, and he will be coming inside at every oppurtunity.

No arrows has improved the game, not weakened it

sweet cheers millwallrules. i swear especially in fm07 if you tell your team to play narrow the wingers will move in more and the full backs are more likely to take there position.

are all the forward runs dictated by instructions now then? some people said it is showed by arrows. that would look very ugly on my tactics screen. hope it is not.

sweet cheers millwallrules. i swear especially in fm07 if you tell your team to play narrow the wingers will move in more and the full backs are more likely to take there position.

are all the forward runs dictated by instructions now then? some people said it is showed by arrows. that would look very ugly on my tactics screen. hope it is not.

It doesn'tlook ugly...little arrow with forward runs often to the Am position for a cm for example and a little barrow back to a dm position with no forward runs

Did the arrows make any difference?? From what I see the players do wahtever they like. It's like the match talks, assistant feedback always says "doesn't appear to be listening". Great, a squad of paralympians!! :)

Then you're clearly doing something wrong or not looking properly.

How is that in any way realistic?

There's no rule in the FA book that says managers can only tell 4 people to run forwards or backwards when the team has the ball :D

lol!

Yeah but i like the arrows. I was suggesting a way that we could keep them while at the same time stopping these crazy tactics.

But i'm sure they've done the right thing and i'm sure i'll get used to it. I'm not going to say it will be rubbish until i've tried it.

Roll on FM09 i'm sure it'll be brilliant (if the trasnfer system works like it should - if it does what they say it will i.e be more realistic)

It doesn'tlook ugly...little arrow with forward runs often to the Am position for a cm for example and a little barrow back to a dm position with no forward runs

um hello, what about all your defenders aswell. that would look rank. i like a nice tidy tactics screen.

Archived