US/Canadian based Gamers - Please read

• SI Staff

Hi - this is Al, I'm the Head Researcher for MLS/USA/Canada in FM/WSM and I'm trying to find some people out there who can help me going forward....this is more a personal project, and not part of my SI-related duties....(well, a bit of both)

I'm looking for a few things and hopefully some of you have the necessary skills to get involved! I'm not very technically minded, unfortunately, so a lot of this stuff is over my head!!

It's been a couple of years since we had a solid base here with an active community, clan game and focual point. Our old website went away, so now we need a new home....

#New/existing website to host the base for North America (well, Can/US)

#Site will host essential downloads and forums to be a hub for the community over here.

#Players to join North America's oldest Clan, the Relegation Fighters so we can fire up a game once the game is out

#People to help gather and create face and logo packs for all the missing players/competitions in the region.

#Assistance compiling a media update with accurate newspapers, websites, journalists and bloggers etc (if poss)

#Writing of an MLS Player guide (as you know, MLS is a right minefield)...I've done these in the past, but some help on what needs to be included would be great.

#Assistant Rsearchers for next year - can never be too early on this one! (Especially for USL sides).

If anyone is interested in helping or getting involved with any part of the above, please contact me - email is in my profile, or I'm on MSN and yahoo...my id is the same as on here.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Cheers!

Al

• SI Staff

Aljarov, have you tried to get a website hosted by a sports game network?

Why not try somewhere like sportplanet.com and explain that you wish to the official USA/CAN research site for WSM. Surely they'd be interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

I've put together the media and journalists file...though still tweaking it.

Tristan is working on collecting logos and player pics for fringe guys, the USL and CSL.

I'll have the guide for the bootroom for some time close to, if not bythe release date.

Still need a website and forums though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Well the game is out tomorrow (in the UK) and on the 17th here in the USA.

My media file has been completed (save the KC stuff, which I gave my best effort).

you can download it here:

I've also put together (with the help of several members of the SI/FM community) a Facepack download to complement the images that come in the game. This should fill in almost every player in MLS as well as adds in the majority of the USMNT and CMNT players, as well as some key free agents and USL players in this area.

You can get that here:

I thoroughly recommend also installing the Mexican facepack (onielpapas did an excellent one) as well as downloading and installing this file, which has all the logos for CONCACAF and beyond.

That can be found here:

As always, I recommend getting the patch upon purchase as it will be out immediately. The 1st patch has some key MLS fixes (SuperDraft) as well as a tweak to the media which will be good.

Let me know if you have questions.

Cheers

Aljarov

PS My MLS Game Guide is also available in the SI Bootroom, or by downloading it http://files.filefront.com/MLS+Quick+Guide+FM09+WSM9doc/;12345617;/fileinfo.html

PPS (11/16)

I have added a file with the remaing players (bar one - if anyone has a pic of Davide Enrico Somma from SJ please let me know). Only download this if you have already downloaded the main file as it's been updated effective this evening. Just downloading the Missing Players folder - http://files.filefront.com/MLS+Late+Additionsrar/;12375033;/fileinfo.html

• SI Staff

I realised that I'd made a small error in the journalist edt file, which didn't seem to matter in 9.0 but is an issue in 9.1.0. So please all downlaod the latest version, which also has instructions on where to paste the files after installing the patch.

It only works for new games though...

http://hosted.filefront.com/Aljarov

Archived