Which has been Your most difficult signing?

Which player has been your most difficult signing? Which signing has caused you maximum trouble...may it be huge fees, reluctant selling clubs, player not wanting to come. work permit problems etc...

For me it was messi. Took me 6-7 years of praising and bidding and offering contracts for him to FINALLY come to united. Silva is one player i just cant agree a fee for...and his release clause is way too high...

I have yet to ever even own Messi but once when he was in the twilights of his career and still I had to pay more than I thought he was worth at the time.

My hardest signing would definitely have been Fabregas though I never was able to actually sign him. I tried countless seasons to sign him, Arsenal had dropped to a mediocre club who hadn't been to the CL in 3 straight seasons yet I still couldn't pry him away from them. Any transfer fees that were accepted just resulted in him not being interested no matter the wage offered.

messi is easy to get since I play Liverpool and he usually have a release caluse.. Just offer sick amount to Barca, Messi will not be happy with whatever wages you offer even if you offer 130k+. Just offer everything maxed up. He usually accepts for me. Then you cancel the deal as the wages(maxed up ) is too high/costly. Re-offer the deal and this time he will give a reasonable demand for wages. Messi Get.

This can be applied to C.Ronaldo as well!

Unfortunately it's a regen, but a guy called Ramiro Larrossa. He was lighting up La Liga for about five years, whilst I won every competition I entered. His club never wanted to accept a bid. They once negotiated to about 70 million which was way more than I wanted to pay. Eventually he got unsettled and they accepted a 30m bid but he decided he didn't want to come. Finally, two seasons later, I picked him up for about 20m.

He was worth every penny and every bit of hassle.

I managed to get Messi for £24m for Liverpool. It was about 5 or 6 seasons in and I had won everything and was top of the Coefficients. Messi had just signed a new contract at Barca and it had a £24m release clause so I snapped him up on about £120k a week. I had him and Kaka who cost me £60m.

To be honest, Messi was a bit of a dissapointment but Kaka scored for fun!

i had other options but messi, suprisingly was among the cheapest options for me on the left...$74 mn dollar release clause was preety reasonable considering silva was 256...

You hardly ever have to pay the release fee for a player though.Just offer a high amount (not as high as the release fee) Granted you will still have to spend more but not that much. Unless the release fee isn't that high like Nihat's whose is £13.75mil.

Sebastien Giovinco for my Man City team. Been after him since the first day of the first season and by the beginning of season 4 I finally made him mine. A bargain for £8m aswell.

First off he rejected a massive wage as he thought that moving to me would be a step in the wrong direction.

Next up he was available to sign at end of season on a free so I approached him but he wasnt interested.

He was unhappy at Juventus signing players as he thought there would be a lot of competition for his place so after praising him I put an offer in, Juventus accepted, he finally accepted terms and signed him at start of 4th season.

It took me 5 years and 165 million pounds sterling to get Cesc Fabregas on one save.

But the most difficult player was Ronaldo (Luis Nazario de Lima) in his prime. Iv never managed a team with him in it and it seemed pointless to just take over a club that he played for. Its got to be my biggest regret on this game, never signing Ronaldo :(

Easily Silva.

Valencia just want WAY too much money for him.

Ok, he's a great player and all but I'm fairly sure if they were offered £50M cash for him, they take it (given their current financial state).

Then he demands astronomical wages and a huge signing on fee, then gets unsettled for silly reasons, fails to produce the form that made me splash £65M on him, and I regret not spending £11M on Stewart Downing in the first place. :D

Took me forever to get Mandanda...were talking nearly three seasons of bidding, negotiating and talking. Marseillaise's manager wouldn't let him go unless I bid 38M for him. I even tried to get Cassio and Felipe but he finally accepted the transfer and he came on. And he definitely didn't disappoint.

A Chilean newgen striker called Maldonado, he was at Lyon on the bench for about 6 years, but was an amazing talent. I tried everything, but he wouldn't budge and chose the bench for 7th place Lyon over newly crowned CL Champions, Bayern Munich :mad: Your loss sunshine.

I signed a regen centre forward from Man Utd. Scout said they wouldn't sell because of rivally but he definately one of the better strikers in the world. So I kept bidding higher and higher until they decided to negotiate for a whopping £104m (£55m Up front the remainder over the next 24 Months). Naturally I agree and promptly stripped my squad down to afford this man.

After 19 goals in his 1st 15 games and 24 in the Prem overall I feel it was money well spent.

Interesting side not a forward i had sold that summer for £1m who had never scored more than 9 goals in top flight season went and scored 28 goals in the league for Sheff Utd.

Moral of this story good things come to those who wait and dont spend their entire transfer budget on 1 player

Archived