Carlos Tevez Affair

Ok pardon me if this has already been asked but what happens to tevez after the first season ends? I am a man utd fan and i would like to know if he will be with the club for the second season too or will we have to buy him after the loan spell ends at the end of the season? I doubt the tevez deal will be sorted out irl before the game releases so what about his future? Can he sign for any club in the jan transfer window? Or is it sorted out in the game and he is a united player for longer than the first season with a proper contract? Can someone please enlighten me...

no united have NOT signed him as yet...its a 2 year loan deal with a fee and contract yet to be agreed...irl united will do the deal by january...but in the game what will it be? Will there be a pre determined transfer fee fixed for him?

im pretty sure utd hav signed him irl so that should be in the game

No they haven't.

To the OP - due to the fact this doesn't happen that often IRL, tevez is a man utd player in FM - personally i'd rather he was on loan from his owners, however i appreciate that it's more work than is warranted for a rare occurance such as this.

He's not on loan in the game (with the weegie update) he's a full man u player. I read in one of todays papers that he's not signed a contract with Man U yet so he's still technically on loan which is something he's slightly concerned about.

No they haven't.

To the OP - due to the fact this doesn't happen that often IRL, tevez is a man utd player in FM - personally i'd rather he was on loan from his owners, however i appreciate that it's more work than is warranted for a rare occurance such as this.

I believe it's quite common in South America. You never know, it might just be worth attempting to find a way of implementing it realistically and also without affecting the fun aspect of the game.

I believe it's quite common in South America. You never know, it might just be worth attempting to find a way of implementing it realistically and also without affecting the fun aspect of the game.

Yeah i agree, but it's a fair way down on my list of FM improvements :D

I'm pretty sure that UEFA or FIFA have said that they will no longer allow 3rd party deals, so I very much doubt that this will be coded into the game, even if Tevez is still officially 3rd party owned. I would expect he will be a Man U player with his contract running out at the end of the season.

He cant be on loan without a club owning him, he would be a free agen and therefore be on the free agent list without a loan as on FM people/companies dont/cant own players only clubs can and tevez is currently owned by that dodgey group.

Therefore it is eigther Man Utd full ownership, or Tevez free agent.

No they haven't.

To be fair Ched, it isn't as rare as what many think it is.

In South America and Russia thrid party ownership is very wide spread as it allows teams without much money to get hold of players, (if only for a season or two), that they would not be able to afford otherwise. Even in Portugal quite a few players are, or have been owned by a 3rd party. Many are unaware that Anderson was 3rd party owned before signing for Manchester United, hence the the hugely inflated transfer fee.

I think it is something that SI need to look to bring into the game as it is becoming more wide spread.

I'm pretty sure that UEFA or FIFA have said that they will no longer allow 3rd party deals

FIFA and UEFA have never said anything of the sort. It is only the English FA that have said they will no longer allow 3rd party ownership in England once the Tevez deal/affair is sorted.

He cant be on loan without a club owning him, he would be a free agen and therefore be on the free agent list without a loan as on FM people/companies dont/cant own players only clubs can and tevez is currently owned by that dodgey group

Ok, Im not talking about FM, just picking up on the piece I have put in bold. The group that own him, Media Sports Investment (MSI), are not really a dodgy group. They have just been portrayed that way here in England by the media after the whole Tevez and Mascherano affair.

MSI have done alot of good in South America, providing clubs with players that they would never have dreamt of been able to sign in the past, and providing other clubs with far greater transfer fee's than they may have got if they were just selling to another club. They only appear dodgy because most people are not use to seeing to this kind of deal, but in South America and certain European countries, it is rather common practice.

As for the point of the thread, and the position of Tevez in FM09, Im sure he will just be a Manchester United player with his contract set to expire in June 09, perhaps with a sell-on clause if he is sold by United in game.

To be fair Ched, it isn't as rare as what many think it is.

Ok, Im not talking about FM, just picking up on the piece I have put in bold. The group that own him, Media Sports Investment (MSI), are not really a dodgy group. They have just been portrayed that way here in England by the media after the whole Tevez and Mascherano affair.

MSI have done alot of good in South America, providing clubs with players that they would never have dreamt of been able to sign in the past, and providing other clubs with far greater transfer fee's than they may have got if they were just selling to another club. They only appear dodgy because most people are not use to seeing to this kind of deal, but in South America and certain European countries, it is rather common practice.

As for the point of the thread, and the position of Tevez in FM09, Im sure he will just be a Manchester United player with his contract set to expire in June 09, perhaps with a sell-on clause if he is sold by United in game.

i only called them dodgey cause i forgot there name lol, and most people would know who i meant.

man utd will probably end up buying him anyway so they most probably will make him a perminant signing or future transfer on FM09, on the database im using ive changed it so that he is on loan at man utd with a future fee of 30m in 2009, i dont think i gave him a owner club, it might have been corinthians tho cause thats where he came from. (Since contact problems or loan was at west ham)

irl Man u will sign him for sure...eventually. If his owners want a lot of money Tevez may wait until his contract with them expires and then move for free to Man U. He won't go anywhere else.

Don't MSI hold the rights to him as a player, rather than a contract. So he couldn't go to man u on a free?

Don't MSI hold the rights to him as a player, rather than a contract. So he couldn't go to man u on a free?

I don't think MSI have the rights anymore. Ever since the scandal first came to light, Kia whatever his name is, ripped up the contract between MSI and Tevez. Kia now owns him I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think MSI have the rights anymore. Ever since the scandal first came to light, Kia whatever his name is, ripped up the contract between MSI and Tevez. Kia now owns him I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah yes, but still the same really since someone owns his rights, just a different name.

Incorrect.

The only contract that was ripped up was between MSI and West Ham, Carlos Tevez is still owned by MSI, who's major shareholder is Kia Joorabchian.

i know Nick who's the Manchester United researcher has talked about this in the Manchester United Data Forum, i'd recommend you check out there, Nick covers it quite well.

• 8 months later...

I think some of the "dodgy" companies are setting up football clubs in Brazil in an attempt to get round this ruling. http://www.traffic.com.br/football_management/

In effect the club (for example Desportivo Brasil) are owned and operated by a third party (Traffic Sports). The club itself doesn't play in any league (i think) and all the players are loaned out to other clubs to cover the wages.

It could be included in FM by adding these clubs (as i think has been mentioned before with a leage amount to spend on wages and very good youth facilities) and loaning the players, long term, to say Man U, Corinthians, Palmerias etc etc. The players contracts with the third party owned club would not be subject to a "bosman" but would have a min release clause.

I think some of the "dodgy" companies are setting up football clubs in Brazil in an attempt to get round this ruling. http://www.traffic.com.br/football_management/

Traffic aren't a "dodgy" company and have been in business since 1983 as a sports marketing agency. The football club Deportivo Brasil was founded by traffic in November 2005, and they do compete in a league - the Campeonao Paulista.

Traffic aren't a "dodgy" company and have been in business since 1983 as a sports marketing agency. The football club Deportivo Brasil was founded by traffic in November 2005, and they do compete in a league - the Campeonao Paulista.

I know - hence the inverted commas. Couldn't find DP in any league tables myself - they must not be in the top flight?

What i was getting at was "third party" ownership as we know it could be replicated in FM if these clubs were included. I'm sure there are more then Traffic and DP but i can't recall them at the moment. As FIFA have effectively ruled out 3rd party deals we will probably see this more and more.

Personally i don't see the problem with it. If someone wants to invest in youth development and bear the risk of players getting injured or just failing to turn into superstars fair play to them. For every Tevez and Masherano i'll wager a whole batch of youngsters fall by the wayside, but at least some of the money from the Tevez sale will go back to developing young players.

I know - hence the inverted commas. Couldn't find DP in any league tables myself - they must not be in the top flight?

As I said, they are in the Campeonao Paulista.

I'm sure there are more then Traffic and DP but i can't recall them at the moment.

Global Sports Agency, who do not own a club, have owned Lucho Gonzalez, Manuel Fernandes, and Anderson in the past. There will be, (i'd have thought), other groups/agencies in South America, and Media Sports Investment have been involved in Russian football for the last few years.

As FIFA have effectively ruled out 3rd party deals we will probably see this more and more.

They might have said that, but it hasn't happened. Since FIFA said they would ban third party arrangements, Keirrison has been snapped up by Traffic gtom Coritiba and loaned to Palmeiras.

but at least some of the money from the Tevez sale will go back to developing young players.

No it wont. It will go straight into the pockets of his owners, Media Sports Investment, of which his agent, Kia Joorabchian, is the majority shareholder.

Yeah i had a look at the Campeonao Paulista and couldn't see DP in the list of top flight teams for 2009 (on wikipedia) or the second tier.

As i said Traffic owning DP would be a way around the FIFA edict should it be enforced - Kerrison would effec tively be loaned to Palmerias from DP (although wiki says he is part owned by Palmerias)

As for our mate Kia and MSI i assume their business plan is to continue to develop young players and sell them them on a a profit hence i said the money would go back into developing youth players. A lot of the media will have people believe this money is being sucked out of football, and undoubtably MSI will make a profit and pay dividends to shareholders - like any business would - but if the business is a long term concern they will have to invest in buying more "economic rights" of players and loaning them to clubs - like Corinthians who cannot afford the transfer fees to develop.

Of course MSI could be wound up tomorrow and the money would stay in Kia's undoubtably deep pockets.

As i said Traffic owning DP would be a way around the FIFA edict should it be enforced - Kerrison would effec tively be loaned to Palmerias from DP (although wiki says he is part owned by Palmerias)

That is what was meant to be outlawed, aswell the other third party arrangement with agencies such as Media Sports Investment and Global Sports Agency. (And if you are only getting your info from wikipedia, then I stuggle to see how it can believed 100%).

As for our mate Kia and MSI i assume their business plan is to continue to develop young players and sell them them on a a profit hence i said the money would go back into developing youth players. A lot of the media will have people believe this money is being sucked out of football, and undoubtably MSI will make a profit and pay dividends to shareholders - like any business would - but if the business is a long term concern they will have to invest in buying more "economic rights" of players and loaning them to clubs - like Corinthians who cannot afford the transfer fees to develop.

MSI were never, and never will be commited to developing young players. Neither did MSI loan players like Carlos Tevez, Javier Mascherano, Gusstavo Nery, Marcelo Mattos, Roger Galera Flores, and Carlos Alberto to Corinthians.

At the time of those players going to Corinthians, (2005) MSI already owned the club. They brought the players to Corinthians, but rather than registering the players to the club they registered them to the company. When Kia Joorabchain and MSI were looking to buy West Ham they let West Ham have Tevez and Mascherano for free as they thought they would soon be in control of the club. Of course that did not materialise and the players only stayed there for one season and half a season respectively.

When Corinthians were relegated to Brazils second division in 2007, the players that remained at Corinthians under MSI's control (Mattos, Nery, Roger, and Carlos Alberto), all the left the club as MSI ended there involvement with the club.

And I wont even go into their involvment with Manchester City's Jô, as that includes more talk of MSI and Russian Oligarchs.

That is what was meant to be outlawed, aswell the other third party arrangement with agencies such as Media Sports Investment and Global Sports Agency. (And if you are only getting your info from wikipedia, then I stuggle to see how it can believed 100%).

MSI were never, and never will be commited to developing young players. Neither did MSI loan players like Carlos Tevez, Javier Mascherano, Gusstavo Nery, Marcelo Mattos, Roger Galera Flores, and Carlos Alberto to Corinthians.

At the time of those players going to Corinthians, (2005) MSI already owned the club. They brought the players to Corinthians, but rather than registering the players to the club they registered them to the company. When Kia Joorabchain and MSI were looking to buy West Ham they let West Ham have Tevez and Mascherano for free as they thought they would soon be in control of the club. Of course that did not materialise and the players only stayed there for one season and half a season respectively.

When Corinthians were relegated to Brazils second division in 2007, the players that remained at Corinthians under MSI's control (Mattos, Nery, Roger, and Carlos Alberto), all the left the club as MSI ended there involvement with the club.

And I wont even go into their involvment with Manchester City's Jô, as that includes more talk of MSI and Russian Oligarchs.

fair enough - didn't know MSI dropped Corinthians when they got relegated.

This style of transfer is absolutely rife throughout South American football and not just the two or three high profile cases which have been mentioned here.

I'm sure it'll be implemented before long because it's creeping into the European game.

In Brazil, it's common for a club, a third party and the actual player to all own various amounts of the player. Club's will even sell (in part or whole) a player's registration to these third parties to raise money.

As I'm sure any of the Brazilian members who post here will tell you - this is not a recent issue.

In effect the club (for example Desportivo Brasil) are owned and operated by a third party (Traffic Sports). The club itself doesn't play in any league (i think) and all the players are loaned out to other clubs to cover the wages.

It could be included in FM by adding these clubs (as i think has been mentioned before with a leage amount to spend on wages and very good youth facilities) and loaning the players, long term, to say Man U, Corinthians, Palmerias etc etc. The players contracts with the third party owned club would not be subject to a "bosman" but would have a min release clause.

Holy thread bump, Batman.

Bumpy Bump :)

When do people find they can approach him on a free-transfer? He hasn't signed a new contract and its March-2009. Does he eventually get released or will he accept a pre-contract eventually? (he won't accept a contract from Barca).

swisso are you using an updated databse, beacause if your not i think that hes just an odiranary man u player and he just signs a new contract.

also what country are you playing is as if you are playing in england you can only approach him in the last month of his contract.

swisso are you using an updated databse, beacause if your not i think that hes just an odiranary man u player and he just signs a new contract.

also what country are you playing is as if you are playing in england you can only approach him in the last month of his contract.

The latest 9.3 database and i'm Barcelona ;)

I've seen stories of people approaching him in March and he accepts, but i'm not having the same luck!

The latest 9.3 database and i'm Barcelona ;)

I've seen stories of people approaching him in March and he accepts, but i'm not having the same luck!

Using the 9.3 database I was able to offer terms (and sign) Tevez from 1st June 2009. Took me most of 18 months to get the best out of him though!

Archived