FM08 Not Working

Brought the game recently, tried loading it up and it told me to insert the real disk or whatever it is... Read a couple of threads and it says download the 8.02 patch which is what ive done, now you click to run the programme and it stays as a black screen and nothing happens...

Im running 64bit vista btw, and my specs are all above the requirements for the game...

Any help would be much appreciated...

Cheers

Nick

Known Issues & General Troubleshooting

White & Black Screen Issues

There are three probable causes for you getting a white or black frozen screen upon starting the game.

The First reason could be that your Cache files have become corrupted and deleting them will fix the issue.

To do this follow either of these paths depending on your Operating System.

Windows XP:

C:\Users\<User Name\App Data\

Vista:

C:\Users\<User Name>\App Data\Roaming

Once you can see inside those folders delete the Sports Interactive Folder.

If you can’t see those folders you will have to make “Hidden” files viewable.

For Vista:

In a window, go to 'Organize'->'Folder and Search Options'->'View'-> and select 'Show hidden files and folders'.

For XP:

Make sure you are able to see hidden folders:

When in a window, go to 'Tools'->'Folder Options'->'View'-> and make sure 'Show hidden files and folders' is selected.

If this doesn’t solve your issue then please follow the steps for updating your Java / Graphics Card drivers from the “How too” section above. These are the most common reasons for the black/white screen issues.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=39303

Brought the game recently, tried loading it up and it told me to insert the real disk or whatever it is... Read a couple of threads and it says download the 8.02 patch which is what ive done, now you click to run the programme and it stays as a black screen and nothing happens...

Im running 64bit vista btw, and my specs are all above the requirements for the game...

Any help would be much appreciated...

Cheers

Nick

okay u need to go to my documents>sports interactive>db and delete the database u hav just downloaded then try to download it again

Archived