Signing more than one player from club

Anybody else think it would be a good idea that you could have an option to buy more than one player from the same club with one offer rather than negotiate separate deals? IRL I remember Roy Keane doing it with a few of the Spurs players. Would be a nice addition in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure each of those Spurs players had an individual evaluation even if the deal was reported as a price for the lot of them. Esp since Kaboul chose not to join Sunderland so they would have to have taken him out of the overall price.

What the OP means is offering one single amount of money for several players, not just one. It's completely different than making separate offers for separate players. A club might not be willing to sell player x for 5 million, but might go for 10 million if the other club also buys player y.

Example: I have player x which is worth 5 million, but I'm not keen in selling him, at least for that price. Then I have player y, which is also worth 5 million and I wouldn't mind getting rid of him for that amount. If another club made an offer for player x for 5 million I would refuse. But if that club actually included player y in the deal for 10 million total, I might reconsider it.

It's not something that happens everyday, but it does happen. Adding this feature wouldn't hurt.

Didnt Barca buy Marc Overmars and Emaunel Petit for £30 million combined in a package deal?

Like:

Overmars for £15M

+

Petit for £15M.

Total = £30M.

I'm neither for nor against the OP; perhaps you could get a bulk-buy discount or something like that, especially if you're buying players the AI manager doesn't want/need.

I think the OP has a good point. I don't think we'll ever know the ins and outs of these real-life deals. However, regardless of how the deals were structured, I'm sure the selling club would consider the overall picture (i.e. accept a lower combined price). The AI will not.

Off the top of my head, didn't Portsmouth buy 3 players in one go from Tottenham (Pamarot, Mendes and someone else) a few years back?

In real life, even if you buy more than one player from the same club at the same time, each deal has to be negotiated seperately (by that I mean each player has to have a monetary figure attached to their transfer) due to sell-on clauses, agent's fees, other contract clauses, etc.

In real life, even if you buy more than one player from the same club at the same time, each deal has to be negotiated seperately (by that I mean each player has to have a monetary figure attached to their transfer) due to sell-on clauses, agent's fees, other contract clauses, etc.

Ok, what about a sort of tab system? When making a bid for one player, you could add a tab and make another bid. Then the club could consider the bids as a whole. If one player is not prepared to join the club, then he is removed from the deal, and both clubs are asked if they still want to accept. That way, you could still have the package idea, but it would be slightly more realistic.

I think the OP has a good point. I don't think we'll ever know the ins and outs of these real-life deals. However, regardless of how the deals were structured, I'm sure the selling club would consider the overall picture (i.e. accept a lower combined price). The AI will not.

Off the top of my head, didn't Portsmouth buy 3 players in one go from Tottenham (Pamarot, Mendes and someone else) a few years back?

Sean Davis?

Ok, what about a sort of tab system? When making a bid for one player, you could add a tab and make another bid. Then the club could consider the bids as a whole. If one player is not prepared to join the club, then he is removed from the deal, and both clubs are asked if they still want to accept. That way, you could still have the package idea, but it would be slightly more realistic.

Thats stupid. Just make two separate bids and be done with it.

Although the option to exchange a player on loan (i.e. Campbell to spurs IRL as part of berba deal) should be included

I know that when Derby sold Chris Riggott and Malcolm Christie to Boro, we did some kind of deal where they paid a lot for Riggott and basically nothing for Christie to avoid a sell on clause from when we bought Christie from Nuneaton. So there are real life cases where multi-player deals have been done. But for the purposes of FM, it's probably not that important. I can see it getting very messy if part of the deal fails (i.e. one of the players can't agree a contract or fails a work permit or something) and you end up having to renogotiate the fee.

American transfers often include multiple players on one side of the deal or the other, and I think enough people have pointed out RL European "joint fee" deals ..

We can set up multiple-player transfers in the current system: for example, I could offer to purchase Joe Smith for Tom Hubble, Brian Quinn, and five million pounds .. so it seems a UI limitation, rather than a practical or legal limitation, that I can't offer to purchase Joe Smith and John Dawson for five million pounds, with both players having to agree contracts or the deal is canceled.

Further, it adds some leverage: Team A have players Y and Z on contracts that are a bit too big for them to afford, especially for players who aren't contributing. They also have player X, a budding young star. There's a huge difference between making separate bids for X, Y, and Z, versus saying "Look, I'll take Y and Z off your hands if you sell me X for 10M."

I don't think AI is a problem for this; I can certainly envision how to write the evaluation function for it, so I'm sure that SI's talented team could get that under control easily.

Regarding some of the other points raised - I would love to see the "Sell X, but get to loan Y" worked into the new transfer system.

Thats stupid. Just make two separate bids and be done with it.

Although the option to exchange a player on loan (i.e. Campbell to spurs IRL as part of berba deal) should be included

It may help get the deal through though.

"If you let us buy Ronaldo for £60m, we'll also take O'Shea for £2.5m."

A little sweetner, like a sell on clause.

A definite addition would be the loan back system for a player. For example, a prem club put an offer in for a league one youngster. As this player is important to the current club, and the prem club are buying them as a prospect, thay can offer, as part of the deal to loan the player back to the club for 6/12 months.

Archived