Bring back blatter

bit off topic but is anyone else finding themselves wanting to punch Michele Platini after some of the things he says.

Heard him this morning goin on about the foreign investors in England, i personally think hes just jealous cos the french leagues are terrible.

I know hes made rants about Wenger and his spending policy when personally he should shut his yapper seen as Wenger brought through some very influental players for the french 98 and 00 success.

Is anyone else already fed up, only good thing i've heard from him is the expansion of the Euros to 24 teams

This is off topic and should be in the OTF. Will be closed soon unless you tie it into FM :D

I just think he's a miserable git, in one breath he doesn't like Man Utd because they are spending £30m on a player despite being in debt and in the next he doesn't like Arsenal because their debt isn't as big, but they aren't spending any money :confused:

I'll try and tie it into FM, by asking everyone if they think there should be more external disagreements than just between managers? Should the game include remarks from FA/Uefa/press in much the same way another manager can comment on us? It might be interesting.

Some things he says do make sense (like today's comment about foreign owners: it is true that - using his Liverpool example - if Liverpool are owned by a Sheikh, have a Brazilian coach and 11 African players, where is the Liverpool in the team? Teams do need identity, and he is right in that), but a lot of what he says is also unfeasible and usually anti-English. Both of them should think before they make some of their crazy announcements, and perhaps come up with some ideas to combat their issues rather than "I want this to happen, but I don't know how yet."

Archived