Most profit made off a player

I was wondering whats the most profit some people have made off a player..

I bought a 20 year old midfielder from argentina for 10k.. after playin in my reserves at leeds in the CC.. he then made some apperances off the bench last season before i sold him for $3 million and he was only valued at $1.8M.

i sold my world class Argentinian goalkeeper regen from the youth ranks at River Plate at 26 years old after a long, successful career at the club for 58 million euro to Roma. It's still the most profitable sale I've ever had paid for any of my players, though I've sold others like another world class DM bought at 18 for 5 million euro, sold to Chelsea for 45 mil at 25. All from the same save.

If there is one thing I love is buying highly ranked players at 16-18 and developing them into world class players. I bought a striker for 300K euro at 17 and after 12 years at the club, 475 apps and over 260 goals (most all-time at River Plate) sold him for 22 million to Man U. For those numbers I wouldn't mind having paid 20 mill, but receiving as a net gain on top of his legacy and importance to my club for over a decade is an outstanding bonus. A wonderkid AMRC i bought at 17 for 2.3 mill (became a wonderkid a year after being at the club) who has won Argentinian and South American player of the year for 5 years in a row (avg over 7.60, scoring 47 goals a season twice and avg 25+ assists - he's also got 3.5 years less in my club than the all time goal leader mentioned above, some 100+ games less, and is just 20 goals behind in the all-time list). He's settled his move to Liverpool in one year for 52 mill euro at 25. I love this game!!! hehe

Obviously bosmans can be quite profitable, get them making some appearances for 6 months and then shift them on. It's not very realistic so I try to avoid it, but it occasionally happens naturally, a cool few million can be netted for no initial outlay.

Huh? What are you talking about, it happens all the time!

A Brazilian regen caled Dias. I bought him from Independiente for £850,000 when he was 19, then sold him to inter when he was 25 for £65,000,000 with a 50% sell on clause, which was profitable since they in turn sold him to Real Madrid for £53,500,000 netting me another £26,750,000. So in total I Made £90,900,000 profit.

I still regret selling him though!

When he retired he had played 131 games for Brazil and scored 118 goals!

Happy Valley...lol which league are they in?

Hong Kong

Strangest thing about HK is that most of the teams share a ground.

Remember from my youth growing up in HK (Bradbury Junior School) we used to aways play on the pitches in the middle of Happy Valley racecourse - good times

I think profit should also take into account factors other than raw finance. For example, I've made £70-odd million on freebie van der vaart (aged 30), £8million-purchased Farfan sold for £40-odd million aged 31, and £20million received for 32 year old Stancu ("legendary striker" status) bought first day on the game for £250k or thereabouts.

When I've have a big squad full of talent, I have made good money on foriegn youth I imported but can't give regular football to - Walter (great Brazillian AMC/FC) bought for £20k sold for £18million; Gerson (great Brazillian DC) bought for around £80k sold for £15million + sell-ons; and a couple of others I can't remember off the top of my head. These latter ones I parted with with great reluctance as I had grown quite fond of them and their 9 or 10 ratings against inferior opposition, and their valiant 7-8-9 rated performances when standing in for my main players, but in the end I really wanted to give them first team football so when an appropriate offer came in from a club I thought could give them that (usually Portsmouth) I'd let them go. Sad, I know, to get to "like" lines of computer code, but I think it's testament to the game that this happens. Even sadder when I got angry with Portsmouth for flogging Walter 2 seasons later to Liverpool for even more money, where he played 4 games all season! Idiot AI.

Hong Kong

Strangest thing about HK is that most of the teams share a ground.

Remember from my youth growing up in HK (Bradbury Junior School) we used to aways play on the pitches in the middle of Happy Valley racecourse - good times

Yeah, i live and work in HK and most teams do play at **** Kok Stadium or Hong Kong Stadium. I still play football at Happy Valley Racecourse, had some friendlies there and the new season starts there on the 18th Oct for us. Like you say.....good times here.

John Fleck....

didnt sell him, his stats are average but he is a wonderkid for some reason. I consider him to be one of my best youngters ive bought

Arsenal offerd me £45m when he was valued at 5m now i have beter wonderkids and i wish i had sold him.

Nikolas mazzola another one of my great buys bought him in season 2 for 100k and inter offerd me £25m

Jorge luis a regen ive bought recently loaned him out to valencia finished top scorer in spain at the age of 17 (suck it bojan)

diego buonetto got him for 5m sold him for 20m

got offerd 15m for cahias i bought him for 2.5m

i bought carlos tevez and theo walcott for free when their contracts were expired, yes free

sold carlos tevez for £46 million bk 2 man utd a year later

sold theo walcott for £26 million to fc bayern munich, should hav £32 million if he had went to as roma but still, only lost out on £6 million wen i made a profit of £72 million

not bad eh?

Got Wijnaldum on a free transfer, the next season sold him to Inter for £20million!

Signed Andreas Reichel for £20k sold him 4 seasons later for £30.5million.

Lots of profit

But then again, i signed Diego Ribeiro for £81million then sold him 3 seasons on for £17million! stupid purchase :(

i signed an AM/FC for sevilla on fm07 on a free from valencias youth team. he was doubly profitable. his performances and goals got sevilla into the champions league. (un)fortunately, he had a measly £18M release clause, which my old club real madrid capitalised on. the team really missed him when he went results wise, but the financial gain was great...

EDIT: i also signed be arfa on a bosman. his performances were below average, and he was sold to aston villa for £10M 6 months later. he was really that bad, normally i would stick with a player of his calibre until i find his best position.

Archived