Has/Will McCormick retire(d)?

I hope he never plays again although Lee Hughes (ex West Brom player) did come out an signed for Oldham.He was done for Drink driving an leaving the accident, I don't think it was as bad as what this ****** did although still pretty horrendous.

I won't comment on the event itself. Suffice to say there are enough round here who are going to do that. I will simply say that, while he is out of the game, he won't be in FM, as far as I would expect.

People have done a lot worse that what McCormick did. The guy made a mistake and from what I have read since it happened, he seems pretty messed up by it. No one would like or want to have that on their conscience. The way you lot act you'd think he was like someone like Ian Huntly who'd abused them first then killed them because that's that kind of guy he was. McCormick is actually a nice guy, but an irresponsible one. One mistake doesn't make you a bad person.

People have done a lot worse that what McCormick did. The guy made a mistake and from what I have read since it happened, he seems pretty messed up by it. No one would like or want to have that on their conscience. The way you lot act you'd think he was like someone like Ian Huntly who'd abused them first then killed them because that's that kind of guy he was. McCormick is actually a nice guy, but an irresponsible one. One mistake doesn't make you a bad person.

A mistake is putting unleaded into a petrol car.A mistake is putting your shoes on the wrong way round.A mistake is NOT driving, knowing your ****ed out your head having NOT slept then killing TWO little children.After recently becoming a farther i find what you have just said as disgusting an lacking any thought for the family he had just ruined forever.IF he would of been sober then maybe, just maybe, you would have a point BUT he was not sober an therefore was NOT a mistake.......GET IT!!!!!!

I hope he never plays again although Lee Hughes (ex West Brom player) did come out an signed for Oldham.He was done for Drink driving an leaving the accident, I don't think it was as bad as what this ****** did although still pretty horrendous.

I'm pretty sure Lee Hughes killed someone as well

A mistake is putting unleaded into a petrol car.A mistake is putting your shoes on the wrong way round.A mistake is NOT driving, knowing your ****ed out your head having NOT slept then killing TWO little children.After recently becoming a farther i find what you have just said as disgusting an lacking any thought for the family he had just ruined forever.IF he would of been sober then maybe, just maybe, you would have a point BUT he was not sober an therefore was NOT a mistake.......GET IT!!!!!!

This is rapidly getting off-topic.

The guy did something that was extremely stupid and irresponsible, no one is, or would ever argue against that.

But, it's not like he made a conscious decision to go out that night and kill anyone. How do you describe a murderer? Would you call a murderer a person who goes out with an intent to kill or someone who made an error in judgment, which lead to tragedy?

I don't think he's a bad guy. If he were a bad guy then he'd be all grins at his trial, he'd be giving the finger to reporters and media people, but he had his head down the entire time. This was just a tragic, tragic event.

(This thread will be closed)

I get it, but I think you're way over the top in what you think off him. Like I said, loads of people have done much, much worse. I don't think what he did was right if that's what you're thinking. If it was an adult he had killed, I don't think there would be this much anger towards him (as you make the point that it was 'two little children') when really it would be the same. Murder is murder now matter how old the victim is and there would always be family that get messed up by it. The fact that it was children he killed is irrelevant to me as I see it as being as bad as killing anyone. I think you're views on it are way over the top considering that this happens quite a few times a year to people, it's just the fact that you think you know him because he's a footballer that you have a load more anger towards him than other people who have done the same as him and worse.

This is rapidly getting off-topic.

The guy did something that was extremely stupid and irresponsible, no one is, or would ever argue against that.

But, it's not like he made a conscious decision to go out that night and kill anyone. How do you describe a murderer? Would you call a murderer a person who goes out with an intent to kill or someone who made an error in judgment, which lead to tragedy?

I don't think he's a bad guy. If he were a bad guy then he'd be all grins at his trial, he'd be giving the finger to reporters and media people, but he had his head down the entire time. This was just a tragic, tragic event.

(This thread will be closed)

He made a conscious decision to get in a car and drive while he wasn't in complete control of his senses. If you are able to operate a car, then you are conscious enough to be aware of the implications of drink driving and the danger you potentially put civilians in. But he still chose to do it, and what happened as a result is the perfect example of just why it is illegal and so dangerous.

He may not of purposely gone out with a knife and murdered someone, but guess what, a car in the wrong hands can do just as much damage, and he purposely made the choice to drive it, which means he is just as much a danger to society than a murderer with a knife, hence why he is now in jail

I get it, but I think you're way over the top in what you think off him. Like I said, loads of people have done much, much worse. I don't think what he did was right if that's what you're thinking. If it was an adult he had killed, I don't think there would be this much anger towards him (as you make the point that it was 'two little children') when really it would be the same. Murder is murder now matter how old the victim is and there would always be family that get messed up by it. The fact that it was children he killed is irrelevant to me as I see it as being as bad as killing anyone. I think you're views on it are way over the top considering that this happens quite a few times a year to people, it's just the fact that you think you know him because he's a footballer that you have a load more anger towards him than other people who have done the same as him and worse.

I couldn't give 2hoots who he is, it's not who he is it's what he did.Every person with a brain cell shoul understand the effects of driving when drunk be it a footballer or a binman, but then this is not a forum dedicated to the dustcart industry, if it was i would be saying the same thing in that.

It would be interesting to see how many people here have drove after having a few beers, i bet a few of you have which is exactly what he did, unfortunatly he hit someone. Im not saying what he did is right btw as it wasnt, just some really stupid people in this thread

he was twice the drink drive limit, which depending on what you drink can range from 2 to 5 beers I guess

Poor guys family is now a mess, Lukes Life as he knows it is over, His career has been destroyed by his own mistake and he has to live with what hes done, but he didnt set out to murder anyone so it was an accident that could have been avoided, whos to say it wouldnt have happened anyway if he drove without drinking, Lifes a bitch and then you die.

Half decent keeper aswell

digsy11 + SmurfDude: Is it lonely up there on your horses?

This is a subject close to my heart, more so than I would like to divulge. So believe me when I say that this particular issue has touched my life, therefore my opinion holds stock. I'll reiterate it; this was a tragic incident, I'm betting that McCormick would probably offer his life in order to erase history, but the intent was no there, it was a tragic incident which resulted in death, but it was not intended.

This is kinda like the Madeleine McCann thing. Some people actually blamed the parents for leaving their kids in their room whilst they were having a meal. I've seen toddlers with dummys in their mouths wandering around aimlessly with no parent in sight. I've seen lots of examples of negligence that far exceeded the actions of the McCanns.

People get away with negligence, people get away with stupid and moronic acts of idiocy and people are not so fortunate.

But for the grace of god...

I believe that what he has done outside of football has no bearing on his ability as a footballer (yes, his contract with Plymouth Argyle should have been terminated since he has breached the terms of the contract to behave in a responsible way in his regular life) and after he has carried out his sentence he should be allowed to work again just like any other rehabilitated convict. Therefore, yes, he should be in the game for purposes of realism, but have a global ban until he has completed his jail time. As he is a goalkeeper and only 25 years old at the moment, he should be good to play for several years before he has to retire after he comes out.

MeekoHFC: Google, thats what I just did.

It would be interesting to see how many people here have drove after having a few beers, i bet a few of you have which is exactly what he did, unfortunatly he hit someone. Im not saying what he did is right btw as it wasnt, just some really stupid people in this thread

That is the simple reason i get someone to hide my car keys when i know im having a drink. although i have been known to come out with, "IM SOBER GIVE ME MY KEYS" when im clearly not.

Sorry i dont really read the news, Can someone explain who McCormick is and what he has done?

Im the same but reading through the thread ive sorta understood it. It would appear this guy has got a little drunk. Got in his car and hit a couple of kids by accident for what it would appear.

My symaphies go out to the family but also im not sure how old the kids where but im guessing that they wherent being supervised or else an adult would have been hurt. So how exactly is it this guys fault. Yes he shouldnt have got in the car. But IIRC the most common crime in Britain is drink driving or to those who likea proper speah. Driving under the influence of Alcohol.

Yes ill get slated for it, but its not as if this guy is a rapist or a peedo file. IMO hes just commited manslaugher, murder by an accident. If i was sober in my car. Two kids run out in front of me my brakes lock, i hit the kids and they die, does that make me a bad person. According to some people here i should die if i done that.

That is the simple reason i get someone to hide my car keys when i know im having a drink. although i have been known to come out with, "IM SOBER GIVE ME MY KEYS" when im clearly not.

Im the same but reading through the thread ive sorta understood it. It would appear this guy has got a little drunk. Got in his car and hit a couple of kids by accident for what it would appear.

My symaphies go out to the family but also im not sure how old the kids where but im guessing that they wherent being supervised or else an adult would have been hurt. So how exactly is it this guys fault. Yes he shouldnt have got in the car. But IIRC the most common crime in Britain is drink driving or to those who likea proper speah. Driving under the influence of Alcohol.

Yes ill get slated for it, but its not as if this guy is a rapist or a peedo file. IMO hes just commited manslaugher, murder by an accident. If i was sober in my car. Two kids run out in front of me my brakes lock, i hit the kids and they die, does that make me a bad person. According to some people here i should die if i done that.

They were little kids around 6 yrs old, they were in the backseat of the Dad's car asleep while he was driving them to the car racing track for a family fun day out. It was the early hours of the morning and a drunken idiot smashed in to the back of them, killing both the kids and nearly paralysing the Dad. It was all McCormicks fault, he was twice the legal limit and fell to sleep at the wheel.

I don't think the guy should rot in hell, but he should spend some serious time in jail to give him time to realize what he has done and should never be allowed to drive again...people who drink and drive shouldn't be allowed the privalege of having a drivers licence, they don't deserve it and are clearly not responsible to be in charge of one, they are as dangerous as a gun in the wrong hands.

Archived