Plans for release day

My reading week starts on the 12th Novemebr , so i will be off on the 15th (RELEASE DAY) , i plan to wake at 7-8ish . Going down to Newcastle at 10ish , going into HMV , buying the selophane wrapped FM09 . bring it home (read manual on bus ride home- 1hour) . Get home 12-1 ish . Install FM09 , have some dinner , play FM09 until i cannot physicaly stay awake.

I'm 26 and ill be sat at my window with butterflies waiting to see the navy blue and red man enter my street and just hope he has something for me on that Friday if not then the same the next day until i get it then blackburn here i come and out goes andrews and ince lol

I plan on spending mine on the forums, griping about match engine bugs, database issues, asking why San Marino league isn't playable, and disagree vehemently with anyone who doesn't support my views with the problems that CLEARLY exist in FM09.

I'll follow that up with a week of comparing FM09 to every other football game out there and why I'm playing them instead.

I CANT WAIT!

My plans are:

1. Wake up and wait excitedly for the postman to arrive. Perhaps do a bit of running around the house with added clapping and chants of "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG"

2. Sulk when the postman doesn't arrive with my copy and realise that it might not come until Monday.

3. Sit in the corner of the room, hug my knees and rock back and forth, foam at mouth and slowly go insane.

Repeat on Saturday.

Possible repeat again on Monday.

All I know is that I'm going to be useless at work, knowing what is going to be at home waiting for me. Then I'll be useless for a while after because of the lack of sleep. Then the novelty will wear off and my FMing will return to healthy levels. Then FM10 will be out. Then I'll be useless at work, knowing what is... etc etc..

I don't know if it will be or not, maybe some other users can enlighten you on this :D

Yeah, they will sell at midnight. They may not be out on the shelfs though, so either ask for it, or look in the 'magic drawers'. Thats where they hide all the goodies :D

Although I'd pretend not to get too excited by it, I'm sure my house/wife/child/dog/family/stomach (and everything else in life that actually IS important) will be sorely neglected for a few days after 14th November.

*What's more important than football? :thup:

I'll wake up around 8ish, get ready for work (Tesco), go to work, whinge about the idiots that get in the way each and every friday, take the p*ss on my breaks and then finish at 7pm, if we've priced the game reasonably (will enquire on the Thursday) then i shall use my discount and purchase the game when i finish, if it's not reasonably priced i'll get it in town early doors before i start (10pm).

I shant be wasting any holiday to play it all farking day and i certainly shant be phoning in 'ill' either, i'm not that sad, upon arriving home my dinner shall cook itself in the microwave whilst installation takes place and then i'll crack on with the game.

To all those who have booked time off......... what are you going to do if SI release it early again like the last two years?

I've pre-ordered, and here in the states at Amazon.com the release date is Nov. 1.

ill be sleeping most of the week up to the 14th, then day off, and having a 3 day marathon i hope, maybe 4 if i can wangle the following monday off work... have to speak nicely to me boss (me dad) and pray! gotta stock up on the caffeine and get in some decent take-away menus iin the meantime though!

Here is my plan:

1. Order Red Bull bulk supply

2. Become best friends with the guys over that the pizza place so I can get free pizza's

3. Get FM

4. Incapacitate anyone who gets between me and my FM

5. Install it...

6. /uninstall life

im on job seekers at the moment so going to be lucky to afford it. But ill find a way, and when i do. Im going to the shop. Getting a **** load of tobbacco, rolling paper, two lighters, coffee, milk and sugar. Followed by the visit to the electronics isle in ASDA get the game head home install while eating. Play until i fall asleep on the keyboard.

I am going to go nuts!!!

I finish exams on October 31st, which means i am finished school after 13 years!!! YAY!!!

That gives me 14 days to play the demo (which i'm hoping will be out then) and then my birthday is on November 16 (fingers crossed i get fm 2009). I will have 4 whole months off between the end of school and the start of uni!!!!!!! All i can say is thats gonna be a lot of coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived