Multiple Favourite Clubs

Something that's always bothered me with FM is that when you create your profile and select your favourite club you only get to add one club as a favourite club.

Personally i think there should be the option to add more than one, for instance Norwich City is my favourite team but i also like King's Lynn as they're also local but much lower league and i hate not being able to put them both.

You have the option of a second nationality so why not a second favourite club too?

I suppose that most people have only one favorite club so mabye they could add a prefered list to notify you of things happening to that club and a disliked list so you never get mail or job offers from these people.

Also NCFC Gee do you reckon Lynn will be easier to manager than City in this game ? lol

A disliked list would be an awesome idea, i was linked to the Ipswich job not long back in my game and was totally disgusted at the idea, thankfully nothing came of it.

I'll tell you now King's Lynn are much easier to manage, i've tried both and Norwich City is a nightmare to do anything with, much the same as real life. :(

I was just thinking this today, oddly enough.

I'd like to add a couple of clubs; say Liverpool at "100" and a couple of others who I follow quite closely at about "50/75" etc.

*no idea why this posted twice... :confused:

Really? I always thought you could, but I'll take your word for it since you seem to know everything about FM :D

You flatter :D

You can do it for other staff/managers/players etc but not for yourself.

I totally agree. Im a Rangers man and while managing Blackpool and doing decent i got linked with Celtic. I was like WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Also like rinso said like the AI managers id like to build bonds with players and staff.

I agree. Also, this might sound a bit sad but on some career games where I start at the bottom and don't necessarily play as a favoured team, I sometimes spend a good few years with a team that I might never even have heard of before.

If I have a good time there and we have lots of success, I actually become a bit attached to them, and maybe it should maybe be possible to add that club to my list of favoured teams in-game?

In a recent game i started as manager of Newcastle and had them as my favorite club. At the end of my first season the Roma job became available so i applied, but the Toon board were far from happy and said i had a choice of resigning or being sacked so i resigned. When i then checked my profile Newcastle had disapeared as my favorite club.

From this i got the impression that i could also gain favored clubs, although i have yet to acheive this.

In a recent game i started as manager of Newcastle and had them as my favorite club. At the end of my first season the Roma job became available so i applied, but the Toon board were far from happy and said i had a choice of resigning or being sacked so i resigned. When i then checked my profile Newcastle had disapeared as my favorite club.

From this i got the impression that i could also gain favored clubs, although i have yet to acheive this.

Never seen this myself and have to say i wouldn't be too impressed if Norwich was taken away from my profile.

Purely on the basis that we are not, as some mistakenly think, brand new when we start a game, we should be able to name more favoured clubs if we wish. Remember, we all have a history on game start. We all had a playing career. So we should be able to name more than one favoured club.

Agree, would be a great addition. Especially with the percentages involved...

Favoured

100 - Celtic

75 - Liverpool

Disliked

100 - Rangers

75 - Chelsea

50 - Man Utd

I thought you liked Chelsea and hated Liverpool...

On topic, would be a great addition

Agree, would be a great addition. Especially with the percentages involved...

Favoured

100 - Celtic

75 - Liverpool

Disliked

100 - Rangers

75 - Chelsea

50 - Man Utd

Surely if you liked Liverpool 75% or whatever you would hate Man Utd more than Chelsea as Liverpool are close rivals with Utd.

Surely if you liked Liverpool 75% or whatever you would hate Man Utd more than Chelsea as Liverpool are close rivals with Utd.

but he's not a Liverpool fan so probably doesn't have quite that same feeling. :)

Definitely like the idea of being able to say how much they are liked/disliked too.

I always seem to fall in love with clubs where I've stayed a while. I'd love to have the chance to add more clubs on my resume of favored clubs. Same thing goes for listing a player as a preferred personnel. I've got personal favorites and I'd love to list them. Mourinho has made it very clear that Lampard is one of his favorites. Why can't I list some as mine?

Archived