Why does my Barcelona team not make any money?

I am in 2016. I dont have a massive squad (25 players?), my actual wage expenditure is only about half what I have been allocated. I have one merchandise feeder club in the USA (I keep trying to get another one, but the board can never find one). All my season tickets get bought (75000ish, but it does look like I wouldnt then have much gate reciepts coming in due to 80% of the seats as season tickets).

I constantly win La Liga and Champs league, yet my finances never increase. It is 50/50 whether I make a profit of loss each month, and if it is profit, it is hardly ever more than £1m. When I was at Liverpool I was making bucket loads!

I am in 2016. I dont have a massive squad (25 players?), my actual wage expenditure is only about half what I have been allocated. I have one merchandise feeder club in the USA (I keep trying to get another one, but the board can never find one). All my season tickets get bought (75000ish, but it does look like I wouldnt then have much gate reciepts coming in due to 80% of the seats as season tickets).

I constantly win La Liga and Champs league, yet my finances never increase. It is 50/50 whether I make a profit of loss each month, and if it is profit, it is hardly ever more than £1m. When I was at Liverpool I was making bucket loads!

How far have yout got in the game? HAve you completed the season yet? The reason i ask is that at the clubs i usually manage, (mid table prem sides) i usually only make a profit at the end of the season when prize money comes in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lloseby:

When buying players are you using add ons ??

IE - 15 Million after 50 games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, hardly ever use the add on things - I usually just pay up front.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jbaker:

It could be possible that you are paying money each month to clubs you bought players from where there was an amount paid per league game a player plays or something like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto my reply above!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pricey85:

How far have yout got in the game? HAve you completed the season yet? The reason i ask is that at the clubs i usually manage, (mid table prem sides) i usually only make a profit at the end of the season when prize money comes in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive completed about 7 seasons with them. I do get the usual prize money and TV money which bumps things up, but I think most of it ends up as bonuses or goes to shareholders.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James Middleton:

I constantly win La Liga and Champs league, yet my finances never increase. It is 50/50 whether I make a profit of loss each month, and if it is profit, it is hardly ever more than £1m. When I was at Liverpool I was making bucket loads! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

most teams make a loss each month.

i dont believe that barce have a paying sponsor either do they? i think they actually pay the sponsor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by binobasher:

check your finances page to see where money is going out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have had a speculative look, but I didnt find it particularly helpful. I shall try and have a more in depth analysis over the weekend, and find out whats going on. I was hoping another Barca manager might tell me the same, or one thing thats taking all my money. I dont know if they have some enormous loan they are paying off since 2007/8. Seems unlikely though.

• 1 month later...

Hi James, I know this isn't really much help, but I am having exactly the same problem as you mate.

I am also in season 2016 and never make any profit.

I have Ronaldo, Rooney, Pique, Criscito, Chiellini, Alves etc. I would have thought that I would make a bit of money in shirt sales during their careers but obviously not!! icon_confused.gif

Ah well, I will have to look in depth at my finances like you said you will do...

I'm playing with Barcelona and I make A LOT of money, the television money is around £ 140 000 000 every year, never made this much money in any other club, and since you have a great team to start with it's almost too easy.

Archived