Whats difference between PC / MAC ??

Well, as simple as possible: PC means Personal Computer. A computer build for example by Dell or Sony, with an operating systems like WinXP or Linux.

A Mac is a computer made only by Apple. Runs with Apples own operating system Mac OS. Since Apple switched to Intel Processors last year or the year before, it is also possible to install Windows on a Mac. But you can't install Mac OS on a PC. Or to say the truth, it's technically possible with a lot of tweaks but in fact useless.

Macs are becoming more and more popular, because more and more people own iPods or iPhones, also made by Apple and realize, that Apple makes fine computers, too. But PCs are much more popular because they are normally cheaper and the newest games only run on PCs.

SI has made Championship Manager also for the Mac and continued it with Football Manager. And i'm really thankful for that, because i'm a mac-user. Football Manager comes on a hybrid-cd with both versions, PC and Mac.

Hope, that helps. It's difficult to answer your question in a few words.

Frank

No viruses on mac, therefore no costly anti virus renewel spyware etc...

Smoother running for playing FM with several other programs running at the same time, which wasnt always the case for my PC. You can play a networked game between the two and if you save agame on a mac you can play it on the pc and vice versa which is quite handy when you start a game at your bros but dont want to hog his computer.

No no no.

A Windows PC is like a cheerleader. Yeah ok everyones been there and got the t-shirt but you know you'll get a lot of quality experience with the rough edges smoothed off.

A Mac is like the chubby librarian. It doesn't matter how much you laud her intelligence to your buddies, both you and they know you really want the cheerleader.

A Linux PC is like pleasuring yourself with sandpaper. Only the wierd bother and the normal people who fancy trying it because a few other people do and say you'll never go back, suddenly realise why they hadn't tried it before.

I think that analogy has run its course :D Although I wish I had more time to flesh the librarian bit out. There's a joke about dusty books in there somewhere.

In other news, once enough people want Macs (perhaps beards are back in fashion) then virii will be prevalent. Then who'll be laughing!!??

Oh, Symantec as normal :)

Because Mac users somehow feel a sense of superiority at having a computer that has about 12 software packages available, whilst PC owners know their one is superior despite the plethora of viruses and bugs.

And some of us enjoy poking at this convention by playing upon the stereotypes. To be honest I haven't noticed a pointless debate. Perhaps you read something into this jocularity that has passed the rest of us by.

Hmmm.

Its pointless because Mac users never agree with PC users and vice versa. It happens everytime and no one ever see the other side of the arguement. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference, opinion, if you like.

The funny thing is apple actually used to make decent computers until a couple of years ago. Just as people start actually buying them, the design/build quality takes a long walk off a short cliff. The hardware is just horrible now.

I don't much like OSX, but then I don't like windows much either. Then again, windows is getting more reliable and OSX less so.

No no no.

A Windows PC is like a cheerleader. Yeah ok everyones been there and got the t-shirt but you know you'll get a lot of quality experience with the rough edges smoothed off.

A Mac is like the chubby librarian. It doesn't matter how much you laud her intelligence to your buddies, both you and they know you really want the cheerleader.

A Linux PC is like pleasuring yourself with sandpaper. Only the wierd bother and the normal people who fancy trying it because a few other people do and say you'll never go back, suddenly realise why they hadn't tried it before.

I think that analogy has run its course :D Although I wish I had more time to flesh the librarian bit out. There's a joke about dusty books in there somewhere.

In other news, once enough people want Macs (perhaps beards are back in fashion) then virii will be prevalent. Then who'll be laughing!!??

Oh, Symantec as normal :)

this is great

Personally ive only used a mac once and hated it. Im currently on Vista although that PC wont load at the minute cant figure out why so back on the old ex pc at the moment. Vista is by far the easiest thing ive ever used.

Also IMO the only reason a mac is succsessful is because its easier to use and ipod on them apparently.

Although on my usual point of view, THEIR BOTH MONEY GRABBING BASTARDS

i love it when pc users think that they know it all because they have probs used a mac in pc world and not know what the hell to do. Ive used pc's all my life, i bought a imac about 3 months ago and i would never buy a pc again, i use a pc at work and its slow unreliable. The imac just works and looks cool, by far the best thing i have bought.

ps. its just as easy using a ipod on a pc than it is on a mac.

i love it when pc users think that they know it all because they have probs used a mac in pc world and not know what the hell to do. Ive used pc's all my life, i bought a imac about 3 months ago and i would never buy a pc again, i use a pc at work and its slow unreliable. The imac just works and looks cool, by far the best thing i have bought.

ps. its just as easy using a ipod on a pc than it is on a mac.

I've used both extensively for over 5 years - PC's are just better, even if Macs look prettier.

Personally I have never tried a Mac, I have always been happy with a PC and windows that things will have to change ALOT for me to even think about going over to Mac, I don't like Vista a whole lot to be honest but I can use it, if it was any more worse than it was when I 1st went over to it then I probably would have got a Mac but it wasn't so I didn't lol If a friend of mine has a Mac then I will try it out but I will never go and buy ANYTHING without trying it 1st, this includes food, games and even alcohol!

Its pointless because Mac users never agree with PC users and vice versa. It happens everytime and no one ever see the other side of the arguement. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference, opinion, if you like.

I agree with that, though Mac users tend to defend them to the death...PC users just don't care. I've never seen anything done on a Mac that couldn't be done on a PC as well or better so never had a reason to even consider switching. I haven't had a virus in 4 years just by using a router with built in firewall and firefox instead of internet explorer.

Mac commercials do bug me though, so annoying and offer absolutely nothing in comparison between the 2, and now the new Windows commercials are equally as bad...I kinda liked the ones with Seinfeld and Gates but the new ones are just boring.

I`ve been a pc user since 1992 and i`ve recently switched to MAC just because of my video editing demands (final cut). I do miss my pc somedays because of the amount of free software i could always get and the amount of software there is out there. MACs have less choises but their software is very reliable( at least majority of the time). I also dont get any frozen screens and stupid windows error messages. No viruses and trojan horses (at least for now , hell knows when somebody will decided to create some). I do love my mac and i do love my pc. They are both great. In my opinion OS is better then WIN(at least when it comes to reliability). It really depends on your needs. If you are a gamer go with PC. If you want simplicity go with MAC. If you want to do some pro video editing but dont have money for AVID buy MAC and Final Cut. If you do some serious graphic design you will most likely lean towards MACs because majority pro studios use MACs... i would say this. MACs are usually purchased either by people who do some PRO work or by people who just want simplicity. PCs are bought by majority of population because they are cheaper, there is more software available for them and most of people work with pcs at work and at schools so they dont want to switch to a new operating system. IT really depends on you what you want it for... stop stop fighting about which one is better. They are both good at certain things and worse then the other in others.

I have a VISTA PC and a MACBOOK Laptop..... can't compare as I like them both. The Mac is great for my photo's and video editing, but the VISTA PC has a lot more apps i prefer for everyday use like the Office Suite (Have tried Entourage with my Mac but not really a fan of it)

Both are great though.... and play FM on them both!

I have both a PC and a MAC, would probably say the PC is better for some things due to the simple fact that there are more programs available (ie. FMM and Genie Scout), but, since I moved from my parents house, I only brought my MAC which is better for music management and recording, photo editing, etc ..... to cut to the chase having perhaps 10 years on PC and 4 on MAC..... PC are better for gaming, MAC are better for Music, graphic design, stuff like that, and the no virus has been great, even though it may change in the future

Vinnyvagus' post is by far the most sensible - they are both decent systems. They offer different things, have different pros and cons. The rest is just down to preference, and opinion, and other such subjective points. So, you're never going to win with a "PC is better than Mac" or "Mac ownz PC" debate. Although Mitchell and Webb are absolute arses on the Mac ads, so I guess Microsoft should get the nod on that point alone.

Archived