players you hate and get rid of

when taking over a club, is there any players that you get rid of straight away because you don't like them, even hate them, and players you just never buy, even if they are good, just for the same reason because you dont like them.

Andrews will be the first out the door in FM 09 (Blackburn always

apologies if this has been discussed

I always tried to wreck Sean Gregan's career when he was playing (still haven't forgiven him for trying to maime Andy Hessenthaler in the play-offs about 10 years ago). But he's retired/irrelevant now. That's about it. :(

Aye, people like Lee Bowyer and Joey Barton I have no time for.

A player's name plays a disproportionate part in whether I would choose to sign him (or keep him). If I don't like his name for whatever reason I find it very hard to not transfer list him however good he is and very rarely sign players unless I like their name. This is in part because I like to commentate on some of my matches, commentary which rarely gets more enlightened than me just shouting out the name of the player who is currently on the ball with the odd few connecting words before the next player's name :p

I would never sell a player on FM because I dont like them in real life. If they can benefit my team, then they stay.

1 player i cant stand and i bet most people will go along with this is cristiano ronaldo, i have completly deleted him out of my game.

Now that really is a bit sad. :rolleyes:

1 player i cant stand and i bet most people will go along with this is cristiano ronaldo, i have completly deleted him out of my game.

Would it not be more fun to keep him in the game and destroy his career by winning everything yourself :confused:

Aye, people like Lee Bowyer and Joey Barton I have no time for.

A player's name plays a disproportionate part in whether I would choose to sign him (or keep him). If I don't like his name for whatever reason I find it very hard to not transfer list him however good he is and very rarely sign players unless I like their name. This is in part because I like to commentate on some of my matches, commentary which rarely gets more enlightened than me just shouting out the name of the player who is currently on the ball with the odd few connecting words before the next player's name :p

I thought i was the only one who done that!!

Lovin this thread. Think i might go and edit my database and not delete Ronaldo but give him a very very long injury.

Wonder what the longest injury you can get?

5 year lay off for weak legs? (well he does seem to struggle to say standing for long)

Lovin this thread. Think i might go and edit my database and not delete Ronaldo but give him a very very long injury.

Wonder what the longest injury you can get?

5 year lay off for weak legs? (well he does seem to struggle to say standing for long)

can make up injuries in the editor, make them as long and as ridiculous as you like. pretty funny when they show up, "john smith will be out for ten years, his head fell off"

This is in part because I like to commentate on some of my matches, commentary which rarely gets more enlightened than me just shouting out the name of the player who is currently on the ball with the odd few connecting words before the next player's name :p

I do that, but, as I sign players from all over the place, I have to pronounce stupidly long names. Examples of names written in white below.

Ikhytor Mamadaliev (Uzbeikistan)

Tomislav Urosevic (B&H)

On topic, I got rid of Jermaine Pennant without checking his attributes once. Fortunately, he was actually terrible.

I always tried to wreck Sean Gregan's career when he was playing (still haven't forgiven him for trying to maime Andy Hessenthaler in the play-offs about 10 years ago). But he's retired/irrelevant now. That's about it. :(

GREEEEEEEGAN!! GREEEEEGAN! Preston North End legend!

I think theres more players that I dislike in real life because of things they did to me within FM than vice versa...more sad when it becomes vocal and friends ask why i absolutely hate Bendtner and I have to explain how he was the sole reason for my Villa side being knocked out of the CL knockout stage 2 years in a row...hate Bendtner...

i, in my weaker moments, have tried to injure players who betrayed me by letting their training go and then playing them hard when they're well out of shape. not sure if there is a more effective way of doing this.

clearly there's something wrong with me.

i, in my weaker moments, have tried to injure players who betrayed me by letting their training go and then playing them hard when they're well out of shape. not sure if there is a more effective way of doing this.

clearly there's something wrong with me.

I do that to players that keep bugging me for a first team run...they've been sitting in the reserves for half a season, they want in the first team so bad? go for it, chase down every ball and I'll see you next season when that leg heals, in the reserves.

When managing Liverpool, I always try to get rid of:

Pennant

Voronin

Benayoun

Kewell (thankfully his wages are off the books for 09)

Arbeloa

Aurelio (Just too injury prone)

Itandje

And (apart from Pacheco and Nemeth) almost the entire reserves and youth squad who, on the whole, are utter rubbish.

usually anyone who doesnt play for the club anymore say someone leaves in jan but patch ent out until feb if i start a new game i usually sell whoevers been sold. but never buy the players bought IRL.

also... Hleb since move to arsenal

Pires since arse

Fletcher since man u

Kuyt always hate his name, face everything.

Anelka since chelsea

Shevchenko since chelsea

O'Sheasince he was born

VDS since fulham

Guti every game

Heinze since man u

Zambrotta since juve

Cameronasi I HATE THIS MAN!

Matthew Spring Luton SCUM!

im a chelsea fan btw lol.

When managing Liverpool, I always try to get rid of:

Pennant

Voronin

Benayoun

Kewell (thankfully his wages are off the books for 09)

Arbeloa

Aurelio (Just too injury prone)

Itandje

And (apart from Pacheco and Nemeth) almost the entire reserves and youth squad who, on the whole, are utter rubbish.

Same here..Also Add Kuyt to that List....

When seamen ruined englands hopes i bought him from arsenal for liverpool and had him rot in reserves and would tell him every week that he is fined and would ignore the repercussions of it all until one time about 2 years in i was fired for it. lol

I installed the update patch so all leagues and players are up to date for the beginning of this season and joined Liverpool.............I then sold Gerrard, Torres, Carragher, Kuyt, Mascerano and Keane THEN i resigned....................As you can see i am not too fond of Liverpool :) but it was fun to see them finish the season in 15th spot.

I am always Tottneham manager, most frustrating thing ever!! I get rid of all coaches and physios along with Ghaly, Assoto-Ecouto(can't spell at all!!), Rocha, Boatang, Gilberto, Dawson, Fraiser Campbell, Pavlechnko, Caeser, Lee-Pyo Young, Zokora (altho may change that) and before I'd get rid of Taino/Malbranque/Kaboul etc but fortunately the tottenham board did something right!!

Not all these players sell (infact you cant give away some of them), so I tend to let them rot in reserves and intense training on every day - I buy in loads of young good players and have a bad first couple of season then do well.... One day I will get to manage spurs irl and sort them out!!

Archived