Joker transfer rule French League

Hi all,

Does anyone know how the Joker Transfer Rule works when playing in France?

I know that it allows 1 extra transfer when the window's closed.

Does this only apply to transfers within France? I've agreed to buy a player from England but he won't be joining me until the January window reopens. I guess this is because the rule only applies within France but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know either way?

Cheers

The UEFA transfer windows only applies to transfers from one nation to another. Several nations have rules that go beyond the dates set in the UEFA tranfer system. However I think the indivisual nations have to document special surcumstances to avoid UEFA wrath

On a side note I wonder if anyone knows why France are allowed to include this rule? I thought the transfer window was Uefa bound, am I wrong and it's up to the league, or did France get dispensation for his rule?

How about the English loan transfer rules? :) There are examples all over Europe.

The Herald 2.9.08

Hemdani, on World Cup qualification duty with Algeria, rejected a move to Turkish side, Kocaelispor, while Darcheville's proposed transfer to AEK Athens collapsed after he held out for a two-year contract.

Rangers have been alerted to the possibility that both could return to France under the wild card' system in operation in Ligue 1, which enables each club to register one player between September and December.

Hemdani, who signed from Marseille on a Bosman in 2005, has no prospect of featuring again for Rangers after the £2.5m arrival of Maurice Edu and, despite his ambition to play in England, would not rule out a move back to France should he be identified as a wild card.

It would appear they can sign players from outside of France, but they possibly have to be French.

Archived