FM: needs difficulty in other areas

I think the game needs to increase it's challenge in other areas apart from the match day and getting your tactics correct..

I think most people will agree when you build a good sqaud providing your tactics are pritty good you will eventually become a very rich club and able to sign 90% of players young or old, Depending on you play in a super rich continent such as the English Premier.

Say your managing a top team in the prem ie Liverpool if your doing as expected you can expect to fill your stadium around 45000 etc, if how ever your doing badly and below expectations then club gates would may be drop some what, i mean for most clubs they drop when relegated. this obviouslt linked with supporter confidence.

i personaly think when buying players because of how easy it is to obtain money in FM you can make bad buys. buy like 15 new players in one window when you already have a squad 25 and even sell them on for a profit...

i think the game needs tighter control over finaces and transfers and the every day running of the club. providing your winning on the pitch these things dont really hamper your success..

I have found the game tactically hard at times, all the other aspects are easy and almost flawed in a sence you can be reckless with spending and still come out smelling of roses.

When you start going down the road of telling people how to play their game, you're going to lose fans because they can't play it the way they want to play it. If someone wants to buy 15 players in January then leave them to it, just don't do it yourself.

When you start going down the road of telling people how to play their game, you're going to lose fans because they can't play it the way they want to play it. If someone wants to buy 15 players in January then leave them to it, just don't do it yourself.

to be fair. i dont thing i suggested to any one they can't play there game how they want ot buy players etc.. seen as the game is based on real life and is almost a simulator these days. i was saying that i think it's a little bit unreal that such a thing could take place. if you had for example 2 left backs at your club listed as key and first team member. IRL the board wouldn't be happy to sanction millions for you to go and add 3,4 and 5 left backs to the squad etc. If a top flight manager now wanted to go out and blow 50 million on potentiol first team players all for the same possition i think the board would question these deals as to why dont you think mate?

Alot of manager get told you have to sell before you can buy?

Alot of manager get told you have to sell before you can buy?

But that is 99% down to finances, not current playing personel. You see many clubs go out and buy players they don't seemingly need.

I do agree that it should be harder to make money but that is only in the PL really. Once you reach there, the money flows in which in turn makes the game too easy.

Try being a manager in Spain.

I just today won the league and cup double with Atletico Madrid yet my board are still concerned with the state of the finances.

I spent none of the transfer budget, trimmed the wage bill by selling some big earners for good money (yes I actually sold players for money) and still lost money.

Bizarre - had I done that in the PL we'd be billionaires by now.

But that is 99% down to finances, not current playing personel. You see many clubs go out and buy players they don't seemingly need.

I do agree that it should be harder to make money but that is only in the PL really. Once you reach there, the money flows in which in turn makes the game too easy.

Exactly, season after season it becomes worst at the amount of money the EPL has...If you play in Spain outside of the top clubs you are almost forced to have a great youth system and be excellent in the transfer market just to provide players to sell for profit to keep the club afloat.

In the EPL its all about improving players season after season, my long lasting Spanish game is very challenging and I have on more than one occasion been forced to sell a key player.

from real life i must admit the english league is by far stronger then other countries in terms of money but thats mainly down to sky tv. clubs gate recites dont even cover the wages of most prem clubs..

it wouldnt be so bad having money in EPl if other top teams like Barca and Milan etc actually competed in the transfer market for players.. do you guys think it's this easy IRl for prem clubs then?

from real life i must admit the english league is by far stronger then other countries in terms of money but thats mainly down to sky tv. clubs gate recites dont even cover the wages of most prem clubs..

it wouldnt be so bad having money in EPl if other top teams like Barca and Milan etc actually competed in the transfer market for players.. do you guys think it's this easy IRl for prem clubs then?

Not really, for mid table clubs in the EPL its much easier for them to attract higher profile players than a mid table side from Italy or Spain. But the top 4 or so in each country are equally able to attract the same talents.

Then of course theres certain situations where players want to stay in their home country or join a team that has a few countrymen to ease the transition.

In FM08 it was far too large a difference between the leagues, mid table English clubs would quickly become world beaters extremely rich.

I think if you start with a top team you do well but start with a lower level team and you will struggle. You may have one or two good seasons but without any cheating whatsoever you will eventually fail to achieve much. This is like rl except if you do ok another club would come to get you, in FM that rarely happens. You get the same AI managers moving around again and again, even though they may acieve in relative terms less than you do (at a smaller team). What needs to be done is have a type of general manger who will oversee your purchases, though ppl will hate this (check Chairman interference) but it's essential to avoid unrealistic scenarios.

taking your example of Liverpool, if they were to be relegated in real life (Oh God, please let this happen), attendances would not fall. Look at Leeds or Man City when they dropped divisions, 'big' teams tend to keep their fanbases.

I see your point about being able to waste a lot of money of FM but then just recoup it easily, but then hasn't Rafa (and other prem managers) done just that? Its rare that a top club doesn't get at least a substantial percentage of their original transfer fee back when selling someone on.

Say Rafa wanted rid of Dirk Kuyt, I would bet he could easily recoup what he originally paid for him, or at least close to it.

we need like a league and euro rating for teams.. that probably dont make sence but hear me out,,

some teams eg liverpool are good in euro and not impressive in the league for some unknown reason,, teams and players should have varied performance depending on the competition they are playing in..

hope that makes sence

Archived