The fm all nighter

What is the best way to do an fm all nighter?

I think that you have to have a film on in the background(not to watch) but to keep you alert and as a little entertainment when it is processing. Also, I think that you need plenty of drink and some food.

What else do you need for the ultimate fm all nighter?

Smithers, are you going to be doing a 2 day(or should I say night) all nighter? It would be fun but extremely tiring.

I will also do an FM all nighter when 09 is released. Just to test out the new features and see what the game is like etc.

Turn on the TV and bedside lamp. Go to kitchen and grab a large collection of snacks and a drink. Lay back in big leather chair and play until realizing it's morning and wonder where the time has gone and get depressed that it's once again that time of the year when assignments don't get completed until the last minute

I listen to all football based radio programs on BBC while I play all night, like podcasts of fighting talk, 606, world football phone in and then have games playing on mute that I recorded the week prior, mostly Spurs games to remind me that no matter how bad my FM season is going it at least I'm not Ramos.

Then we need plenty of on-hand snacks and beer, cultural snacks that I eat whenever a player from said country has performed extremely well (I no longer sign Samba because goat meat is so hard to come by)

chalk powder for my hands to prevent my mouse from slipping out

PILLOWS! A lot of 'throw' pillows, because you can only blame so many monitors going out the window on the kids

A broom, to smack the kitten with ever since hes obsessed with computer wires and unplugged my mouse during a vital situation in Anfield

Oh and what FM night could be complete without a nagging mouthy girlfriend, screaming at me to stop hitting the kitten with the broom, asking why theres salsa splattered on the counter tops as I give a smile reminded of dos Santos hat trick.

need some sleep, even if u jst sleep 7am-12 jst to keep urself focused

me and my mate used to play at uni all night. We once played all day Saturday after a night out on the Friday through to 9am on Sunday - was brilliant! That was on championship manager 2000/2001

Now on FM07 I often can get up to 3 or 4, think the most ive played is til 5. Once you get in a good run of results (or equally a bad set of results) you just cant stop.....its like a drug!!!

i pulled an all nighter last wednesday and all i had to survive off was water from the toilet and loadsa and loadsa music.

around 3.45ish i had a difficult decision to make. the kitchen seemed too far away and the only food i had was this chocolate heart thing my girlfriend got for our anniversary (it was personalised with a long-ass message on it)............I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO EAT IT!!!!

Needless to say i'm single now....

What is the best way to do an fm all nighter?

I think that you have to have a film on in the background(not to watch) but to keep you alert and as a little entertainment when it is processing. Also, I think that you need plenty of drink and some food.

What else do you need for the ultimate fm all nighter?

me and my mates did a clan game and we started at 4pm and finished following day at 8am. gawd what a long night.... i didn't get any sleep for a whole day.

All you need to do is manage a team in the let say....Indian league or one of those, put your head up high (looking up at the sky dramatically) and prepare to suffer. If you try to sleep you will fail because all you can think about is how much you suck but also how awesome it would be to take that horrible team to the top. You will be forced to play FM....but what if the power goes out?

Your all-nighter may have to end at some point - mine is usually 8 or 9am

Power on the computer

• While loading, make your first run in to kitchen

• Fridge - grab 1x muller corner (preferably banana/chocolate one) and 1x munch bunch yoghurt (any flavour)

• Drawer - grab a spoon for said yoghurts

• Cupboard - grab 1x packet of monster munch and 1x salt & vinegar squares (be warned - these hurt the roof of your mouth)

• Run back to bedroom/living room/bathroom (would be handy if you played in the kitchen eh ;))and throw all of these next your computer

• Should be able to load up FM by now

• Make your second run to kitchen

• Cupboard - grab 1x 2ltr bottle of preferred soft drink (Irn Bru here)

• Cupboard - grab a glass for said above drink [optional]

• Cupboard - grab 1x blue riband, 1x kit-kat, 1x fox's classic (any chocolate biscuits you can find*)

• Back to the comp, throw down the biscuits but NOT the glass or 2ltr bottle (unless your glass is actually a plastic cup)

• Load up your saved/new game

• Flick on the telly/music

• Your notepad/pen should still be next to the computer from previous FM session (as will empty packets of crisps/biscuit wrappers no doubt)

Finally - kick back, relax and enjoy FM for a few hours until your next relay to the kitchen for more supplies

*remember to leave some for tomorrow nights all-nighter too

...once you eventually run out of energy snacks and drinks and your vision is blurred or non-existent it's time to call it a day (or all-nighter). While half-sleeping, with your eyes completely closed, you should be able to guide your mouse through the options>exit>save game 'yes' buttons and overcome the obstacle of start>shutdown>finding the second shutdown button in the middle of the screen.

[Please note: you will not last the whole night if your playing with a laptop while lying on your bed. You will most likely fall asleep for a few minutes and keep waking up when the light in the room changes because of your screensaver coming on]

Hehe, something to smoke ;), endless supply of tea and my 250GB Hard Drive full of music and movies plugged in through the 360 and the TV. And a packet of chocolate digestives. But if it's at the weekend, I just leave all the footy from Sky Sports on for the whole night.

Archived