A Suggestion - Team Talk Improvements.

As we all know the team talk aspect of FM 08 is decent, but there is no real relism in it. One of the main things i'd love to see is the abilty to talk to a player when he comes on mid-way through a half. Just to say... (e.g. Liven things up a bit). Or asking players to do specific things... such as get the ball to ... robinho... as much as possible. The ability to say more than one sentence to each player aswell. Team talks could change a game completly if they are improved in future versions. Anybody else agree or want to extend on this?

Yeah I agree with this and it could change the game that your playing. By saying give the ball to Robinho the whole team could pass to Robinho and he could go on and have a sensational second half and score a hat-trick. But before half-time he could have been woeful. Overall this would be a fantastic improvement and I very much hope it gets implemented into future versions of the game, If it isn't already in this years game.

yip, they could change a game...you might see a flaw of the other team that the players on the field do not. but it also goes the other way - it should be able to backfire on you asweel. eg - you tell them to give the ball to "robinho" as much as possible, but the other team has him tightly marked, so you lose all your ball and it costs you the game (dunno if it makes sense?)

yip. just like in real life managers are shouting at the team a lot of the time (except when you watch arsenal play and they show wenger with his face in his hands :) - i am a gooner by the way...)

@ neji - i guess you're right, but aren't the team talk almost a part of you tactics?:)

I disagree with the opening line - the team talk aspect of the game is in no way "decent", it is appalling! As for "team talks could change a game completely", they already do to far too great an extent and not very predictably either.

I think we need better options for what you can say. For example 1 - 0 up you have encourage which for me usually works well. However if at half time your 2 - 0 up, it has gone and is changed with "Pleased" which signify job done. I don't want to say disappointed but i still want more from my team and pleased doesn't get the job done. I find myself making subs just because the subs have not been told I'm pleased. I'd like an option which says "good so far but don't ease up" The other options that "Want More" are too negative and upset the team

I think we need better options for what you can say. For example 1 - 0 up you have encourage which for me usually works well. However if at half time your 2 - 0 up, it has gone and is changed with "Pleased" which signify job done. I don't want to say disappointed but i still want more from my team and pleased doesn't get the job done. I find myself making subs just because the subs have not been told I'm pleased. I'd like an option which says "good so far but don't ease up" The other options that "Want More" are too negative and upset the team

completely agree

Is that not the same as "don't get complacent"?

I've found that to be too negative and the team don't feel that i'm giving them enough credit.

I really would like something that says good but lets finish the job in style. Positive and encouraging.

Shows just how bad the 2-0 up problem is that when I am 2-0 up approaching half time I'm almost willing the opposition on to grab one back so that I can just encourage my players at HT instead of having to choose between being pleased or telling them not to let their performance drop (or saying nothing which I daren't do most of the time)!

Shows just how bad the 2-0 up problem is that when I am 2-0 up approaching half time I'm almost willing the opposition on to grab one back so that I can just encourage my players at HT instead of having to choose between being pleased or telling them not to let their performance drop (or saying nothing which I daren't do most of the time)!

Saying nothing works wonders.

As we all know the team talk aspect of FM 08 is decent, but there is no real relism in it. One of the main things i'd love to see is the abilty to talk to a player when he comes on mid-way through a half. Just to say... (e.g. Liven things up a bit).

I'd like to see that included. It would add a level of realism to the game. I'm sure Amoroq did a post about possible options that you could say.

Or asking players to do specific things... such as get the ball to ... robinho... as much as possible.

Set Robinho as playmaker. Then tick "use playmaker".

The ability to say more than one sentence to each player aswell.

I'm not sure this would do much good, tbh. Imagine the team talk as a slider. "0" means "performance stays the same", 1 means "performance gets a lot better" and -1 means "performance gets a lot worse". There's decimals in between to improve the slider. Anyhow, I know it's probably a lot more complicated than this, but in simple terms either a team talk improves performance, worsens it or does nothing. Adding an extra line would just complicate things more for the human without doing a lot of good for the actual game.

Team talks could change a game completly if they are improved in future versions.

They already do!

Is that not the same as "don't get complacent"?

Yeah maybe it is but when your 2-0 up it doesn't matter as in that scenario you can only basically say angry(You wouldn't be), dissapointed(neither would you be of this), pleased(just doesn't seem to do the trick. Its basically the only viable option there and it leaves you with no option to stop the opposition coming back from 2-0 down) Thrilled(they almost always mess up if your say this in this scenario) and finally theres "don't expect performance to drop!" (which generally leaves the players hating you!)

So there needs to be an option there even if it is "don't get complacent" or "encourage" but at the moment theres not enough there to stop the opposition coming back.

Archived