[IDEA] shouting instructions from the touchline

i know we can have our say pre match and half time etc....but what about certain options during the match? to encourage players...or to shout at them if they are not doing what you want them to? just feel it would add a bit more to the game

any thoughts??

I tried a different manager game once - can'r remember the name. You had the option of changing your managers attitude during the match. he could be sitting comfortably on the bench, standing up watching the game or even shouting abuse at the crowd. It gaave absolutely nothing to the game. In the end you just sat there......

I tried a different manager game once - can'r remember the name. You had the option of changing your managers attitude during the match. he could be sitting comfortably on the bench, standing up watching the game or even shouting abuse at the crowd. It gaave absolutely nothing to the game. In the end you just sat there......

well i was more along the lines of encouraging a player....shouting at them.....to be more or less agressive...things like that rather than just standing or sitting down :) all jokes aside....IRL sometimes a player needs reminding about your game plan...like go in the tackles harder or stay marking tight....the general tactic might be working...but one or two players might need the little bit of encouraging to get the team playing the way you want them

if i want to "shout" at a player to close down more, i go into my tactics and adjust his closing down slider. i don't really see the need for a wee "shouty" animation to be honest. i don't see that it would add much that you can't already do in the tactics screen during the match.

if i want to "shout" at a player to close down more, i go into my tactics and adjust his closing down slider. i don't really see the need for a wee "shouty" animation to be honest. i don't see that it would add much that you can't already do in the tactics screen during the match.

but this would be in real time....more realistic...and you cant motivate a player during the game....just at half time... which is what a real manager would do anyway, there is no motivational slider in the tactics screen anyway

Also the Football managing game on Mousebreaker. You could do that on that game.

I think it would be a bit too hard to impliment it to the standard that everybody would expect.

why too dificult?? its just a little bit of man management, doesnt have to be alot, just a little bit to get that extra kick from an under performing player etc

what would be cool is if you're able to motivate them and whether you motivae or change tactics, your "3D self" talks to player when he is near the touch or you see yourself showing signlanguage or sumfin to the player you just changed to close down more(like rafa benitez always with his big hand gestures :D )

Sounds great, I know tweaking your tactics etc. during the game is effectively the same thing, there is nothing like telling your star striker to put his contacts in. ;)

nice to have some encouragement....i really believe this would add to the realism of the game....its a normal thing for a manager to do so i believe it should be in FM

Archived