Installing FM 2008 :(

I have an acer aspire 5315 laptop and im tryin to install it.....i have the original disk and i have tried running it via admnistrator with no luck....it says i cant install it cause of not enough memory...it comes up in my DVD:rewriter (E) drive. I have enough memory in my © drive so i need to save the game there perhaps? So bloody annoyed and the new one is out next month and i will slit my wrists if i cant install and play that either. Thanks in ahead for any kind of help.....really appreciate it

Lee :(

RAM lmao? ok this is what it says on a sticker....(i feel so dumb)

Inter Celeron Processor 550

2.0 GHz 533 MHz FSB

IMB L2 Cache

252 MB Graphic Media Accelerator X31OO

1 GB DDR2

80 GB HDD

Thank you alll for your possible help!

xxx

RAM lmao? ok this is what it says on a sticker....(i feel so dumb)

Inter Celeron Processor 550

2.0 GHz 533 MHz FSB

IMB L2 Cache

252 MB Graphic Media Accelerator X31OO

1 GB DDR2

80 GB HDD

Thank you alll for your possible help!

xxx

That should be sufficient to install the game:confused: Do you have lots of other things running in the background do you know? Look at the bottom right of your screen and right click on any icon to see if they can be stopped. Also try temporarily stopping your anti virus as this can sometimes cause issues.

Wow slight progress..........i went to Setup then clicked run by administrator . InstallAnywhere started running it (didn't happen before) but it got to 83% and then said Please select another location to extract the installer to: if i click choose it gives me the list of drives but the 3 i used C D and E exactly the same thing happened :(

Please dont give it up on me lol!

xxx

Wow slight progress..........i went to Setup then clicked run by administrator . InstallAnywhere started running it (didn't happen before) but it got to 83% and then said Please select another location to extract the installer to: if i click choose it gives me the list of drives but the 3 i used C D and E exactly the same thing happened :(

Please dont give it up on me lol!

xxx

I had that when reinstalling one time. I fixed it by cleaning the disk

Gutted it said its all installed into C drive then a java thing came up sayin one or more files seem to be corrupted. please try and download Limewire again (ihave had it but uninstalled it)

then it says

LimeWire version 4.18.5

Java version 1.5.0_06 from Sun Microsystems Inc.

Windows NT (unknown) v. 6.0 on x86

Free/total memory: 32901496/33357824

com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader$StartupFailedException: .\lib\hashes (The system cannot find the file specified)

at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader.sanityCheck(GUILoader.java:281)

at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader.load(GUILoader.java:58)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.Main.main(Main.java:45)

STARTUP ERROR!

What has limewire got to do with this?????

Arrgghhhh!!!!

Once again thank you for any help lads

xxx

i have got the new java and re booted still no luck. Im losing the will to live :( thanks anyway especially Trekman Ta x

Now that you have the latest version of java are you getting any other\different error messages when you try to install? Can you also tell us what version of direct x you have.

Archived