Rubbish Staff when joining new club

What do you do with non-playing staff with crap stats when you join a new club?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with non-playing staff with crap stats when you join a new club?

• I terminate their contracts and look for far better replacements
    • I keep them because i cant afford to sack them/ I just want to keep them
    • I buy new people to add to my backroom staff whilst keeping them as well
    • I do nothing of the above as i do something else (Please state why in this thread?)

When you become manager at a club for the first time and you notice that the regen memebers of backroom staff are terrible (i've seen this alot in LLM) what do you do? Do you immediately terminate their contract and get a much better coach/scout/physio or do you stick with them despite their rubbish stats to make sure that your finances aren't effected. Im just curious to know what people do so ive attached a poll with this.

For top leagues I'll sack almost every staff member I can and replace them, if its a lower league team I won't even bother though.

In LLM, rarely has any players stuck around my team long enough to make a difference whether they had a great training program or not.

I will always replace bad physios though.

How do you find out how many stars you coach is?

I think he means just what appears in the Training screen (Training Senior/Youth -> Coaches -> Auto Assign All or custom if you prefer).

back in the day of fm 2007 i took over at Avellino and they were in all kinds of financial mess. But for some reason they had 4 physios when the board only recommended one and the highest rating for physiotherapy amongst them was a rubbish 12. i sacked all four and signed a free agent with 17 physiotherapy and since then i've always looked for cheap and good replacements.

I think he means just what appears in the Training screen (Training Senior/Youth -> Coaches -> Auto Assign All or custom if you prefer).

Exactly, theres no point in keeping them if they arent any good. I release any physio whos less than 17, scouts who are less than 16 and nearly always every A M because they are useless.

Must admit the mostly truly terrible staff really wind me up ... the number of scouts with judging pa/ca of 12/13, or coaches

of about 3 stars at premiership clubs is crazy. And the daft wages some are on is madness - 4 or 5k per week in some cases.

I just edit their wages down to £100 a week and kick them out for next to nothing - can't honestly believe

that most of them are trly that terrible irl.

Archived