A few question about Australian A-league In FM08

1. Is possible to increase the salary cap after a few seasons?

2. What can I do to help the player to get the work permit in Australia? I offered a contract for a good young player from Europe, he agrees, but he didn’t get a work permit. I tried a few times, but without result.

3. What will happened, when I signed multi-year contract with foreign player? Should he renew the work permit? Or his work permit will be valid for his whole “life”?

1. No, it's hard-coded into the game iirc.

2. You can't really do much to help a player get a work permit.

3. His work permit will more than likely be renewed.

League with salary caps generally go up if the league is healthy. Could they not code a simple formula into the game that allows the slary cap to go up by say 5% each year? It is unrealistic to think that that salary cap will stay the same for ever and a day. With the A-League thriving I would not be surprised to see the salry cap go up considerably for next season so that our clubs can compete better with the other big clubs in Asia.

League with salary caps generally go up if the league is healthy. Could they not code a simple formula into the game that allows the slary cap to go up by say 5% each year? It is unrealistic to think that that salary cap will stay the same for ever and a day. With the A-League thriving I would not be surprised to see the salry cap go up considerably for next season so that our clubs can compete better with the other big clubs in Asia.

Totally agree - the way FM currently is, the a-league is only fur for no more than 2 seasons as all your players want more $ & you cant afford to give them an increase.

Also, is FM09 going to include the new youth league that has started this year in the a-league?

I don't know about on fm 08 but on 07 the salary cap increased each year as well as the number of players allowed in the team. I don't know how much it increased by but it should be in 08 and 09 as well.

Also, is FM09 going to include the new youth league that has started this year in the a-league?

The youth league isn't set to start until the start of the 09/10 season so it might be included but i doubt it.

the cap and player limit does go up every season, and i think it's around 2018 that it disappears for good, what also goes is the foreign player restriction.

work permits are very poor in the 08 version of the a-league, even ex-Italian internationals were rejected for my Sydney team.

The main issue with Australia in FM08 is that in Australia only the sports institutes generate youth players, the state clubs do not, this ruins Australia internationally later in the game with only the Aussies coming through the foriegn youth systems being of any quality

If you want to play a good a-league you have to go back to 07 sadly

Yeah thats weird as in rea llife, dinosaws like Jardel can become Marquee players! lol!

As far as i can tell aussy visa for football players are very easy to get in real life - they may take around 1 moth to come through, but they eventually do. Also, put it this way - none have been turned down yet right? surely we would have heard about it.

Also to SI - PLEASE put in the youth league into the A-league - its a massive feature for us aussy players

i think Stan Collymore was rejected, but i can't remember if that was his visa of the FFA that stopped the Jets signing him for Season 1

ahh good point - there, thats 1 -

If average players like Grumrect, Zula, Trinidad etc can get visas i realife, surely an ex internation can in the game

I think I recall seeing a post (possibly in the Data Issues Forum - the Australian Data section) that the youth league would be included as it has actually already started in real life but the expansion for next season would not be included.

Also as has been said for question 1, I think the game may expand the salary cap by itself every season or every 2 seasons.

Archived