Original Tzaf - The Ultimate Overachieve Tactic for Mediocre Premiership Clubs

This tactic was first released back in March of this year (i think?) and for whatever reason the thread was closed?

I am not the creator, so i hope it is ok for me to upload the tactic (I have not seen any recent posts from the Creator)

Basically this tactic alone has helped me get the only enjoyment i've had out of FM08, its solid, consistent and although i imagine it takes advantage of the ME AND has the corner cheat, its guaranteed to get you overachieving and thus, enjoying life Managing a Premiership minnow.

I have tried it with West Ham twice now in a new game, the first time i came 2nd in the very first season and in my 2nd and current try, i am also sat in 2nd place.

This is the shape of the tactic

tzafformationhj0.jpg

w640.png

Here is the League Table so far (Season 1)

tzafpremgt3.jpg

w640.png

I also have a SUS version, which turns the tactic into a 5-1-2-1-1 and have NEVER lost a two goal lead with it and also use it in the last 10 minutes if just 1 goal up.

Both Tactics can be found here

http://hosted.filefront.com/gazhammer/

Just want to say I like this formation. It looks very promising for Championship clubs also.

I want to play a few more games and then I will give you a update of how it does.

With West Ham i ended up finishing 5th thanks to my small squads tiredness and a few injuries in the last few games.

I did win the FA Cup though.

Season 2

Finished 2nd behind Chelsea, had led for most of the season, but small squad, little money and a couple of key players injured cost us the title.

I did win the League Cup though and got to Semi Final of UEFA Cup.

Season 3

Only 1 point seperates the top 4 teams after 12 games(me included)

Won our first 4 CL games

Could challenge? but still only small squad with only £12M to spend on players.

Well so far I am playing as Derby in Season One and I started using it in the play offs.

Beat Barnsley at home 4 - 1

Beat Barnsley away 1 - 0

Lost to QPR (Playoff final) 1 - 0 Absolutly dominated the game and they got a questionable penalty and I could not equalise.

Season 2

Pre Season

Beat Panathanikos 4 - 0 at Home and they did not have a shot.

I will keep you informed

Most tactics using the corner cheat will allow you to over achieve with a mediocre club, a minimum of 20 goals per season from corners alone gets you a lot of points...

Lordy - Last season i scored 85 goals in the EPL - 22 from corners, i conceded 46 goals - 17 from corners, looks like i had the worst of it tbh?

As well as that, my strikers were averaging 1 goal every 10 shots, whilst AI strikers were averaging 1 in 4?

Tzaf is THE best tactic that is out in public.

My modified and improved Tzaf is better than the original though ;-)

The first time i tried this tactic i overachieved so much that even the "Big Four" were playing defensively against me, this was starting to make it much more difficult to score goals. I tried some of my own tweaks at the time, but did'nt have much luck?

I was still winning, just not as convincingly, so i ended up a little bored.

Would be interested to know what changes you made to make yours better than the original?

Last season i scored 85 goals in the EPL - 22 from corners, i conceded 46 goals - 17 from corners, looks like i had the worst of it tbh?

Have you counted the number of corners given to compare goal from corner ratio?

I decided to give this tactic a try for the rest of my second season with crystal palace. I have to say i'm very impressed with it. It's a top tactic so far!!!

leaguetable2011zv7.jpg

teamstats2011fy6.jpg

withoutlosinggc2.jpg

As you can see i am on 24 game unbeaten run and i even won the uefa cup against inter.

I decided to give this tactic a try for the rest of my second season with crystal palace. I have to say i'm very impressed with it. It's a top tactic so far!!!

leaguetable2011wz1.jpg

w1024.png

teamstats2011fy6.jpg

w1024.png

As you can see i am on 24 game unbeaten run and i even won the uefa cup against inter.

well done mate glad to see you've done it with a team like palace instead of everyones usual arsenal man u chelski

Nice going ron!

Not sure why this tactic never took off like a lot of the others? maybe there are less FM'ers starting games with poorer sides, i really dont know?

In my latest West Ham game i have finished 5th, 2nd, 2nd and in my fourth season i am 9 points clear at the top of the EPL after 21 games and flying!

I have won an FA Cup, two League Cups and a UEFA Cup, lost in the CL QTR Finals in my first year in the tournament and have qualified for the knockout stage of this years competition.

I tried out this tactic with Derby when it first came out and won the EPL within 4 seasons.

Had expected to win it with the Hammers by now, but little cash, a small squad and 3 or 4 key, long injuries have probably been a major factor, although i do hope to put that right THIS season.

Nice going ron!

Not sure why this tactic never took off like a lot of the others? maybe there are less FM'ers starting games with poorer sides, i really dont know?

In my latest West Ham game i have finished 5th, 2nd, 2nd and in my fourth season i am 9 points clear at the top of the EPL after 21 games and flying!

I have won an FA Cup, two League Cups and a UEFA Cup, lost in the CL QTR Finals in my first year in the tournament and have qualified for the knockout stage of this years competition.

I tried out this tactic with Derby when it first came out and won the EPL within 4 seasons.

Had expected to win it with the Hammers by now, but little cash, a small squad and 3 or 4 key, long injuries have probably been a major factor, although i do hope to put that right THIS season.

have you had any trouble with the ai working your tactic out? whichever tactic i've used after a while it goes stale! thats why i like adventurous 4-4-2 at home 4-5-1 away.

have you had any trouble with the ai working your tactic out? whichever tactic i've used after a while it goes stale! thats why i like adventurous 4-4-2 at home 4-5-1 away.

Tbh no, the only thing i have found is that now i've gone from being expected to come 15th to 6th to 5th and now to 4th, teams are playing more and more defensively and it is sometimes(not often) hard to break down the opposition.

Luckily i have made some tweaks that have worked wonders when this happens, simple things like giving the strikers and 2 MC's sarrows, taking off counter and slowing the tempo and adding short farrows to the full backs, i have even done something similar to come up with a SUS tactic that has been scoring more than its been conceding for when the AI decides to attack.

Unless or until you are classed as one of the BEST teams in the EPL, the original tactic will work just fine without ANY tweaks.

hammer1000 - what's the tell tell signs of teams playing defensive against me?

Iniatially, you will notice that more and more teams start out with defensive formations (flat 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1) even a 4-4-2 with short farrows, harder to spot, but the stats will tell the tale.

You will notice that you start having less attempts on goal and when watching the action, the area outside the opposition's box becomes cluttered and much more difficult for your AMC to play through balls in.

By slowing down the tempo and sarrowing the strikers and MC's you will give the players more time to deliver that killer pass and also give the tactic a lot of extra width, whilst losing nothing defensively.

Its not a common occurence, but it is nice to have something to switch too, if and when it does happen?

In my West Ham game i have a lot of "Great" but few "World Class" players as yet, if and when you have a team FULL of World beaters, you should find that the initial tactic will continue to tear 99% of all opposition apart.

If you want to have a look at my two newer versions, i'll upload them to Filefront?

Like i say though, the original still does the biz most of the time!

wonepl4thseasonze1.jpg

w640.png

Managed to win the League in my 4th season, but lost in the League Cup Final against Arsenal as well as the FA Cup SF.

Also lost in CL 1st knockout stage to Inter.

Still have little or no money to spend and a board with no ambition to give us funds to attack Europe, i'm having to pick up players on the cheap, as any quality player who could actually improve my squad is now selling for £30M plus.

how do you get such a good defensive record .i`m currently lettin in about 2 a game so i`m looking for a tactic thats good at both ends.can we see your squad please.this is my first team at the moment

gk-akinfeev/ustari/p.edwards

rb- angulo/bacoly

lb- bale/pineda/a.taylor

cb-mertesacker/bellaid

cb-medjani/santacroce/gioda

dm-veloso/hamsik

cm- jiminez/bruins/dalla valle

cm-Ilsinho/diarra/carvalho/buononatte

sc-saviet/jovetic/farfan

sc-vantaggiato/stancu

what do you think.btw i`m in my 6th season with birmingham

Hi Hammer,

Looks like you are finally enjoying the game with your beloved Hammers then? Good on ya.

Can you post up the tactics with your tweaks in them. I had lost a bit of interest in FM but am going to load up a game as Reading and try to get them back into the Premiership.

Hi Hammer,

Looks like you are finally enjoying the game with your beloved Hammers then? Good on ya.

Can you post up the tactics with your tweaks in them. I had lost a bit of interest in FM but am going to load up a game as Reading and try to get them back into the Premiership.

They are available via the link in the first post mate!

The original is still the best and i always start each match with it. If i'm winning at HT i switch to the newer SUS tactic and if behind i wait till about the 60th minute then change to the need a goal version.

Have fun!

how do you get such a good defensive record .i`m currently lettin in about 2 a game so i`m looking for a tactic thats good at both ends.can we see your squad please.this is my first team at the moment

gk-akinfeev/ustari/p.edwards

rb- angulo/bacoly

lb- bale/pineda/a.taylor

cb-mertesacker/bellaid

cb-medjani/santacroce/gioda

dm-veloso/hamsik

cm- jiminez/bruins/dalla valle

cm-Ilsinho/diarra/carvalho/buononatte

sc-saviet/jovetic/farfan

sc-vantaggiato/stancu

what do you think.btw i`m in my 6th season with birmingham

Good squad!

Heres Mine

GK - Ustari/Green

DL - Kolarov/Insua

DR - Chretien/Faubert

DC - Samba/Ferdinand/Zapata

DM - Maduro/Hamsik

MC - Noble/Oubina/Parker

AMC - M Fernandez/Jiminez

STR - Ashton/Kiebling/Gignac/Podolski

I also have a few young or cheap back up players.

I really cannot reccomend this tactic enough, i honestly believe its by far the BEST tactic made for FM08!

I just wish it was my own creation

What I have noticed in my second season at Derby in the Championship is that it is either win or lose there are no draws.

The other thing I have seen is that at Home I am unstoppable not dropped a single point however away seems to be a slightly different story. Is there anything you can suggest to help or has it just been as good home and away?

What I have noticed in my second season at Derby in the Championship is that it is either win or lose there are no draws.

The other thing I have seen is that at Home I am unstoppable not dropped a single point however away seems to be a slightly different story. Is there anything you can suggest to help or has it just been as good home and away?

Heres my Home and Away stats since Season 1 mate.

Season 1

Home - W 12 D 6 L 1 --- Away - W 10 D 5 L 4

Season 2

Home - W 12 D 6 L 1 --- Away - W 11 D 5 L 3

Season 3

Home - W 15 D 3 L 1 --- Away - W 12 D 3 L 4

Season 4

Home - W 18 D 1 L 0 --- Away - W 12 D 3 L 4

Current Season 5 so far

Home - W 6 D 0 L 1 --- Away - W 3 D 0 L 3

I now have the strongest squad since i started, yet have had my worst start.

Lost Away to Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea, games i won each of last season. This season i outplayed Man Utd and Arsenal, but lost to 90th minute goals in all three fixtures?

Sometimes it can get frustrating and i must admit to being ready to quit when i'd lost my third game Away to the big guns under the exact same circumstances, but i held back and am still 2nd in the table behind Chelski and doing well in the CL league group.

just finished my 6th season with birmingham ended up 2nd behind arsenal but only by 3pts after being 2pts behinf at one stage.since i started using this tactic 1 went on a 16 match unbeaten run to the end of the season so looking good.hopefully i can push on for the title next season.

just finished my 6th season with birmingham ended up 2nd behind arsenal but only by 3pts after being 2pts behinf at one stage.since i started using this tactic 1 went on a 16 match unbeaten run to the end of the season so looking good.hopefully i can push on for the title next season.

Nice going mate, i'm sure you'll go close next season!

I am still sitting 2nd behind Chelsea (was 9pts clear this time last season) and have won my last 5 Prem games, so i still expect to go close.

Will hopefully improve in the CL also and go close? i dont like just being able to win everything without much effort, which is why i always prefer to play as mediocre Prem Clubs, although i would appreciate a bit more investment from the board.

Good luck

Just an update on my success. (with West Ham)

Season 1 - 5th in EPL - FA Cup Winners

Season 2 - 2nd in EPL - League Cup Winners

Season 3 - 2nd in EPL - League Cup Winners - FA Cup SF - CL QTR Final

Season 4 - 1st in EPL - FA Cup SF - League Cup Final

Season 5 - 1st in EPL - CL Winners - League Cup Winners

How's everyone else doing?

still not won the league after 6 seasons in the prem,but won the champions league last season.i really blew the league this season due to my bad away form.do you change the tactic away from home and what team talks do you give.finished 3rd behind arsenal who claim their 4th title on the trot

still not won the league after 6 seasons in the prem,but won the champions league last season.i really blew the league this season due to my bad away form.do you change the tactic away from home and what team talks do you give.finished 3rd behind arsenal who claim their 4th title on the trot

Weird, i'm doing great away from home?

I always start with the original tactic and more often than not i'm in front at HT. I then switch to my newer SUS version and usually manage to score another goal, whilst conceding only now and again, most often late in the game when we have already won.

The only problem i have is that my GK rarely makes a save anymore? luckily we dont have many shots against us(from distance or a set piece mostly) i had even toyed with the idea of doing away with the Keeper? giving me an extra outfield player instead.

when playing the`the big four`what tactic would you use i normally use the original tactic but always conceed against them arsenal and man utd in paticular

I ALWAYS start with the original mate and if winning, change to the newest SUS tactic, which basically slows down the play and frustrates the opposition.

How has your Home and Away form been since you started using this tactic? ie; just how many games are you winning, drawing and losing a season?

In my previous season (5th season) i lost more games than in any previous season (Lost 6 in the Prem) but still won the League comfortably.

If your W, D and L stats are similar to this at the end of each season, Won 28 Drew 5 Lost 5 your not doing much wrong and you should find that you are dominating MOST games, even the ones you do lose?

I missed your question about team talks before, truth is mate, i leave em to my assistant, its one thing in FM i refuse to touch.

Hope this helps?

Give me a shout if you want anymore info!

home form has been fantastic hardly ever lose away form is really patchy can win 2 or 3 on the trot and then go two months without one like last season which cost me the league.last season W 24 D 3 L11 all defeats were away from home and close games except against villa which i lost 4-1 after chasing the game.goals for last season was 88 but let in 47.i have trouble with adebayor and rooney in paticular who score against me nearly every time i play verses them.my best away form was 2 seasons ago when i won 12 games last year it was 8.these are my stats using this tactic

2013/14 Home 15-3-1 Away 12-3-4

2014/15 Home 16-2-1 Away 8-1-10

these are the complete seasons using just the original tactic

just played arsenal at home beat them 1-0 and they only created 4 chances only 1 on target

just played man utd at OT and got a good 1-1 draw.started using ultimate SUS until rooney scored swiched to ultimate need a goal and got the leveller

home form has been fantastic hardly ever lose away form is really patchy can win 2 or 3 on the trot and then go two months without one like last season which cost me the league.last season W 24 D 3 L11 all defeats were away from home and close games except against villa which i lost 4-1 after chasing the game.goals for last season was 88 but let in 47.i have trouble with adebayor and rooney in paticular who score against me nearly every time i play verses them.my best away form was 2 seasons ago when i won 12 games last year it was 8.these are my stats using this tactic

2013/14 Home 15-3-1 Away 12-3-4

2014/15 Home 16-2-1 Away 8-1-10

these are the complete seasons using just the original tactic

just played arsenal at home beat them 1-0 and they only created 4 chances only 1 on target

just played man utd at OT and got a good 1-1 draw.started using ultimate SUS until rooney scored swiched to ultimate need a goal and got the leveller

Your 2013/14 Form is what i am getting EVERY season, no idea how/why you lost so many the season after?

What were your performances like last season away from home, were you outplaying the opposition regularly but still losing? were you losing a lot of leads?

Try the new SUS tactic if/when leading at HT and see what happens, let me know?

Could you upload this to rapidshare please? If not can you email it?

If you PM me your e-mail address i will send you the tactics.

If in the meantime if someone could upload these to Rapidshare i'd appreciate it?

I'm off for the night, but will be here first thing tomorrow!

Archived