bring back the 90's

I must state that this is an idea i have dreamed about and would probabley never happen but wouldnt it be great if fm2010 was......

FM1990 just imagine all the old players but the same game. you would most most proberbly need a few discs to hold all the information and a good pc to run it on but imagine the fun you could have scouting the players and trying to remember the year they burst onto the scene actually buying the great players but making sure they recived the right training to make them as good as we know them now. you could have the likes of gazza and zidane pulling the strings in midfield, with batistuta and rush up front bashing them in, running down the wings mcmaneman and barnes doing the buisness and shilton in goal.

i know its far fetched and it would have its ups and downs but i think it would be a great way to celebrate what cm/fm as acheived in as many years. im all up for it and im interested what other people think of the idea.

your truely

magnoliadave

Brazil was also much more interesting back then as almost all our best players (who were really good, despite the fiasco in the 1990 WC) played in Brazil while nowadays lots of Brazilian clowns...players play in Europe...

Also, Euro leagues didn't allow an absurd amount of foreigners like they do nowadays, so playing there would be much more exciting and challenging.

I don't think it would be possible to make some 1990 patch as lots of competition formats have changed from there, the transfer and contract rules changed (ex: no Bosman) and all players would need to be researched.

you're either drunk or full of bad ideas.

i dont drink lol but i am mentally ill and i do come up with some strange ideas. this one i just wanted to share with my fellow managers as i carnt get to sleep lol but i have been thinking of this idea for a few day now and would like to hear your thoughts thx

Brazil was also much more interesting back then as almost all our best players (who were really good, despite the fiasco in the 1990 WC) played in Brazil while nowadays lots of Brazilian clowns...players play in Europe...

Also, Euro leagues didn't allow an absurd amount of foreigners like they do nowadays, so playing there would be much more exciting and challenging.

I don't think it would be possible to make some 1990 patch as lots of competition formats have changed from there, the transfer and contract rules changed (ex: no Bosman) and all players would need to be researched.

i know there would be alot that needs changing and alot of hard work but i honestly think it would be a huge it with the fans

Okay, let me tell you where I stand... I like it. I think the idea has a lot of potential, the aspects I'd really like to see are the changes to the foreigner/transfer system take place throughout time, and if they could make the 'regens' the actual players who came through their respective clubs then all the better. A massive project though, and I fear it may never happen.

However, I would like to make you an offer. I will give you fifty percent of the money for 35% of the business. That means I'll need another dragon to come in with me, but for two dragons experience and to take on a very high risk project, it's a very generous offer.

Maybe not FM2010 but maybe an FM Anniversary game.

Multi disk allowing you to start with the 2010 system but with differnt start points, e.g. the biggest FM/CM games like the first one, not sure what year that was an the most succsessful again not sure what that one was.

The idea is decent, but there is no longevity with it and the novelty factor would wear off very quickly, not to mention the licensing/database issues that come with it. The main reason I don't think this should ever be part of the "out of box" game is that as you can see from the thread above, edited databases are created quite often, why should SI waste their time doing something that other people do for nothing?

I don't want to seem overly negative, it's a nice idea, but I just don't think resources should be pumped into novelty additions rather than the progression of the game.

Ahhhhh .... Ian Woan. I still remember those two identical wonder goals he scored from wide left, outside the box! Did he not get a call to the England sqaud to try and fix the left sided problem. Him and Steve Guppy of Leicester. Now, why did that not work???

To stop the human players having the advantage of knowing in advance who all the good players are going to be, the database should be skewed so that all the AI managers know as well, making it harder for the human player to sign them.

To stop the human players having the advantage of knowing in advance who all the good players are going to be, the database should be skewed so that all the AI managers know as well, making it harder for the human player to sign them.

Well how about that weird phenomenon that as soon as you bid for a good player whom no one had shown any interest in, suddenly a dozen top clubs are sniffing around and outbid you! :mad:

Was football invented before 1030? :p

Of course there's have to be a few rule changes. The pitch would be a couple of miles long, the ball would be a pig's bladder, and there'd be hundreds of players on each side.

Just imagine how fun it would be to experiment with the 1-43-76-438 formation. And there wouldn't be any super-keepers because goalkeepers didn't exist until the 19th century.

The downside would be having your squad decimated by the plague, and if you managed to get to the 1363 season you'd have to retire when Edward III banned football.

It sounds like a great idea to me - as for to much data etc its quite simple only include major and second tier leagues. No need for hong kong and the like. Don't see how it would not have longevity either as if you started in 1992 that meant players aged 28 now irl could be in game as 13 year olds. You would have a decades worth of players perhaps for the youngsters playing they wouldn't know most ofthe players but the 90's was my era and I think it would be great fun. It would sell by the bucketload.

They have all the data anyway - just copy it from old cm games :)

Of course there's have to be a few rule changes. The pitch would be a couple of miles long, the ball would be a pig's bladder, and there'd be hundreds of players on each side.

Just imagine how fun it would be to experiment with the 1-43-76-438 formation. And there wouldn't be any super-keepers because goalkeepers didn't exist until the 19th century.

The downside would be having your squad decimated by the plague, and if you managed to get to the 1363 season you'd have to retire when Edward III banned football.

You are now officially my favourite user on this forum.

This post is genius. It was so good, it actually made my day a whole lot better!

Of course we all know that you meant 1349!!

Anyway you would'nt have to retire, the game would automatically change it's moniker to Underground Barn Football Manager, where not only would you still manage your team, but you'd also have to organise your games in secret.

Archived