A little more credit would be appreciated!

I'm in 2015, have spent my managerial career with Nottm Forest and taken them to the pinnacle of world football. Won the Champions League twice and premiership 3 years in a row. The clubs finances are sitting heathily at £200 million.

What strikes me tho is that I dont feel like im appreciated by the club whatsoever. I'm not in the clubs favourite personnel, and the board are still only 'satisfied' with my performance. I ran a test and issued an ultimatum for some tranfer funds, and was fired immediately. I then checked using FMM and found out I was in the clubs disliked people list.

I find it ridiculous. I should be in the category of Alex Ferguson and be untouchable! I hope they sort this out for FM09. They need to introduce some little touches so managers who achieve something actually get proper recognition.

I feel about as safe after 10 years at the club then I did after 10 weeks.

If anything I should be in a position where the board comes to me for requests, and I give them my monthly evaluation of how I think they're doing!

Ah but the truth is no manager is unsackable, if they don't/can't meet your expectations then they will just get someone else better to do the job.

Yeah but come on. With what he's acheived he should be a club legend and the board should love him. But this happens a lot in 08. I got to top of the hall of fame on my Chelsea career but still wasn't in the clubs favoured personnal

I've been posting for a year or so the idea of a special manager status Club Legend. This should definitely not be achievable in a two or three year span, but for somebody who has achieved what the O.P. has, it makes sense.

Benefits I'd want to see include:

- listed in club's Favorites list

- ability to leave the club and remain in the club Favorites list

- extra leniency from the board, e.g., a one-season "rough patch" or "rebuilding year" isn't the end of things

- if meeting targets, guaranteed survival of "board takeover" due to supporter pressure

- media reference as "Club Legend"

- increased youngsters listing you as Favorite personnel, or listing club as favorite

- increased likelihood of success in Ultimatum

- possibly "unlocking" some additional boardroom interaction

The idea here is, there's a vast difference between a S.A.F. and a Mourinho; the former has lifted the club from a notorious low point and acheived everything the fans could have dreamed of over a two-decade span. The latter, though he won domestic trophies, inherited a club already strong and failed to win any European trophies, and lasted less than a decade.

It shouldn't be easy, but it would be a very satisfying reward for the time investment people put in to their save game(s). It would also prevent items like dafuge's harsh sacking at a board takeover after lifting Braintree into the Premiership.

I also envision it having a role for AI managers; with older versions I remember SAF and Wenger both getting the sack in the first or second season due to not winning the title full stop; in their absence, their teams would quickly go downhill as lesser managers failed to match them, and that made the Premiership a bit "too easy".

I agree you should become a club legend. Untouchable might be a bit too much. You only have to say Nottingham Forest and i think of Brian Clough. The OP has acheived as much as Cloughie so it is only right that he should be a club favorite and any future managers should spend several seasons living under his shadow.

I had a similar problem at Chimney Corner where they were nobodies and i came in and they are now the untouchable force in N Ireland, it took about 6 league wins and countless cups before i was on te favourite list but now i get pretty much everything i want.

I also noticed my manager description is legendary manager.

It's unrealistic how it takes so long so i agree it need looking at if it hasn't been already.

Im in the same position as you mate, it sucks. FM07 was great for that, i used to have "The board are delighted to have such a legandary manager in charge" and in the favoured personal list. FM08 dissapoints me in this area and I hope FM09 has it included if not the next patch.

Amaroq's ideas are awesome, i would like to see these included.

I remember in the 2004 game you used to get the comment about fans wanting to erect a statue of you, which is rather nice. Perhaps they do that in the new game but I've only won a few bits and pieces.

The rewards for doing well certainly should be greater.

There should be more appreciation aswell for example, I play as Crystal Palace, and if I'm expected to finish mid-table but reach the playoffs and don't go up nothing is recieved saying well done for nearly taking the team up.

I like this idea. I mean at a club thats already at the top it should be harder. But look at some clubs. Strachan has done more than O'Neil did at Celtic and hes hated, yet O'Neil is loved. So loyalty and Favoreing the club should aslo help.

Why are you on the 'disliked' list? Was that for the ultimatum?

As far as I can tell, you wind up on the disliked list any time you leave a club for any reason .. that's something I definitely hope gets remedied for '09.

bad idea

But oh so funny! :D

I've been posting for a year or so the idea of a special manager status Club Legend. This should definitely not be achievable in a two or three year span, but for somebody who has achieved what the O.P. has, it makes sense.

- extra leniency from the board, e.g., a one-season "rough patch" or "rebuilding year" isn't the end of things

- if meeting targets, guaranteed survival of "board takeover" due to supporter pressure

- increased youngsters listing you as Favorite personnel, or listing club as favorite

The idea here is, there's a vast difference between a S.A.F. and a Mourinho; the former has lifted the club from a notorious low point and acheived everything the fans could have dreamed of over a two-decade span. The latter, though he won domestic trophies, inherited a club already strong and failed to win any European trophies, and lasted less than a decade.

It shouldn't be easy, but it would be a very satisfying reward for the time investment people put in to their save game(s). It would also prevent items like dafuge's harsh sacking at a board takeover after lifting Braintree into the Premiership.

I also envision it having a role for AI managers; with older versions I remember SAF and Wenger both getting the sack in the first or second season due to not winning the title full stop; in their absence, their teams would quickly go downhill as lesser managers failed to match them, and that made the Premiership a bit "too easy".

This would be perfect - SAF and wenger have set a real life precedent for this, yet FM in no way reflects this - if you have a spell a fraction as barren as wengers current spell, then you are sacked, no matter how many league titles you've won, it's just daft.

That's exactly where I'm coming from. I don't think that S.A.F. or Wenger are "untouchable", but they certainly get a lot more slack IRL than they seemed to get in the game, especially in the FM'05-FM'07 era. If this were implemented, I'd want them both set up as "Club Legends" in the initial DB.

With the "pick your own targets" motif for board Confidence they seem to survive the first two years much better, but it still bothers me to see how quickly those established managers get the ouster .. and stories like dafuge's, Dave C's, and the OP's just seem to confirm that there's a need for the game to recognize the heroic acheivements of long-standing human managers who have given 10, 20, even 30 years of service but can be shown the door for seemingly arbitrary reasons (board takeover) or a brief rough patch such as S.A.F. and Wenger have both weathered in their tenure.

Look at what happened to Mourinho?

It's just like I said, to some chairmen, it doesn't matter what you have or have not achieved, it's about whether you know who's boss.

I have to take issue with is. Mourinho is a very exceptional example at a club where instant and consistent success is required. Mourinho achieved the former, but Abramovich freaked that the latter wasn't happening. But even so, we're talking about people who've achieved massive success across periods as long as ten years. You can't tell me that the game reflects this as well as it should.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said here Amaroq.

I did a similar thing with Atletico Madrid a few months back whereby I took them to the pinnacle of World football; after years of building I got us to the top of the rich list, won countless domestic and European trophies and was the most reputable manager in the business, yet still the board were "Satisfied" with my management... :confused:

I was going to "test" giving an ultimatum but decided against it because I wasn't even on the club's favourite list and was pretty sure I'd be sacked.

(I'm against saving and reloading for any reason because of the butterfly effect)

Archived