Mac Users - FMH Editor

• SI Staff

Hi,

I asked last year if there was any interest in having a Mac version of the FMH editor, a couple of people indicated they wanted one ....

With that in mind I bought myself a Mac recently so that I could port the FMH editor to it in my spare time - its nearly up and working now so I'm looking for people who'd be kind enough to beta test it for me in the near future.

If anyones interested please email me at marc.vaughan@sigames.com.

Thanks,

Marc

Hi,

I asked last year if there was any interest in having a Mac version of the FMH editor, a couple of people indicated they wanted one ....

With that in mind I bought myself a Mac recently so that I could port the FMH editor to it in my spare time - its nearly up and working now so I'm looking for people who'd be kind enough to beta test it for me in the near future.

If anyones interested please email me at marc.vaughan@sigames.com.

Thanks,

Marc

He bought a Mac just so he could make a Mac editor for 'us'. :O **Feddemaster has tears in his eyes**

• SI Staff
What kind of stuff do you want us to test? I have a mac at work so I could put in a few hours

To be honest its not the most advanced application in the world - its a program designed to make editing FMH PSP a bit easier, basically you can browse the PSP database - edit stuff and then save down a 'changes.txt' file containing your edits.

All I'm after really is confirmation that it installs ok appears to be working sensibly on setups in the wild (so to speak) - I have to admit I'm relatively a Mac newbie* and so reassurance that everything is working sensibly would be appreciated.

I'm hoping that some of the editor testers will create updates for the game so they're available when this years version comes out - but to be honest I know some of the PC testers are 'update makers' already so I'd just be happy for Mac users to verify its working ok.

Hope this helps,

Marc

*Well I've used them before - but not for nearly at least 5-6 years and the OS has changed just a 'tad' since then ;)

My work Mac is still, would you believe, OS9.2!!! So I got myself one of those fancy dan new ones for the house about two years ago so we're on OS10.4! Can't wait to give this a try, never done anything like this before!

• SI Staff
My work Mac is still, would you believe, OS9.2!!! So I got myself one of those fancy dan new ones for the house about two years ago so we're on OS10.4! Can't wait to give this a try, never done anything like this before!

Fingers crossed - this is why I've asked for people to help test it, my Mac is OSX (10.5.5) and while Carbon is allegedly compatible with earlier OS's (any past 9 I believe) I haven't been able to test and ensure this is the case.

Thanks for helping - its much appreciated :D

• SI Staff

Mac editor is now available to those people who registered for testing and returned NDA's (Windows editor will be up either later today or tomorrow).

If you returned an NDA and want to test on a Mac but didn't mention it when you sent your email please tell me know and I'll shuttle you an email with details in due course.

Archived