How does my strikers brain work?

I have a big 6'2" tall striker with attributes as follows; decisions 18, creativity 13, & flair 10.

He has player instructions set to striker and creative freedom listed as normal, but with the slider slightly to the left of centre.

Now what i don't understand is why he is attempting overhead kicks. I can forgive once a game but 3 times and all from corners. To top it off i think he only connected once and may have hit the side of a nearby barn but i'm not sure. Stewards are still searching for that ball...

So why would he attempt so many overhead kicks? I know Crouch did it over the weekend but surely its not 3 times a game......

He's my third/fourth choice striker and i'm playing him more regularly due to an injury. Last league game he did it and i've never seen him do it before. Or at least the text hasn't stated so. In total he's played 35 odd games for me and i didn't notice it before from him. I do have a ST with flair 20 and he does it at least once a game.

Maybe i'm just more upset because if he put a simple header into the back of the net we would have won instead of draw. Especially disappointing when i'm pushing for a top 4 spot and its against the 19th placed team.

ive noticed that they try overhead kicks WAAAAAAAY too much aswell. hope its sorted for 09. they hardly ever go in either even tho there attempted all the time. I imagine they try it a lot when the cross is slightly behind them so the only real way to get a shot in is to bycicle it.

it happens waay too much tho. should be a PPM but even as a PPM it shouldnt happen that much.

wouldnt it be much better if we had a "use your common sense" option under player instructions?

lol this would certainly stop my wingers from 'clearing the ball to safety' rather than crossing it, or my strikers 'bringing the ball forward' by putting it out for a GK. Anyone else had this before?

Archived