In general, will FM 2009 be harder?

Maybe harder sounds wrong. More challenging or more effort and thought required? Personally i hope it will be. Of course its possible for Man U to dominate in real life for 4 years and win everything but it takes maximum effort and attention to detail plus a bit of luck. Has the new game been made more difficult than before?

I personally feel 2008 was very difficult, you do have to have the commitment and passion to want to succeed, Sports Interactive do their best to make Football Manager as realistic for it's users as possible, do you think Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger got successful by just putting 11 players out on the pitch? Not setting up the training, getting the best coaches & scouts in, getting the good balance of the team and picking the best 11 players possible, it takes a lot of hard work to really achieve success on FM, And if your able to put in all that work then when you have achieved it, it feels great to know you have earned it :) And not just bought a game where you let your mouse click 11 players and then that's simply it, that's just my view on the game though :)

Its as difficult as you make it

You sign the top players, your going to do that good

You dont your not going to do that good

If you really want a challenge, put masked attributes on, not real players and dont start as a big team, if you still think its easy then, come back and complain

Maybe harder sounds wrong. More challenging or more effort and thought required? Personally i hope it will be. Of course its possible for Man U to dominate in real life for 4 years and win everything but it takes maximum effort and attention to detail plus an awful lot of dodgy refereeing decisions. Has the new game been made more difficult than before?

I hope it's not been made any more difficult, I just about enjoy it as is.

Imagine these forums if they made it more difficult?

The would go into moaning, ranting melt-down.

I wonder if I'm the only one who feels that the game could get just slightly easier again.

Okay, being able to take charge of a D2 side and win EPL within 4 years was somewhat over the top, but having to frickle around with all those little details makes the game slower which I think is a bad thing.

I see what people are saying but when you see what some people have done on the game, like winning the treble ten years in a row it does make you think. Although maybe regens have something to do with this aswell.

As far as making it easy for yourself is concerned, I try to play the game realisticly. So If I'm Arsenal I won't go a buy Gerrard or whatever, as much as it would be good in real life. I like to buy the more unknown players and keep well within budget.

Its as difficult as you make it

You sign the top players, your going to do that good

You dont your not going to do that good

If you really want a challenge, put masked attributes on, not real players and dont start as a big team, if you still think its easy then, come back and complain

Why would you want to play without real players? surely that's what makes it so good,at least before the regens kick in!

I wonder if I'm the only one who feels that the game could get just slightly easier again.

Okay, being able to take charge of a D2 side and win EPL within 4 years was somewhat over the top, but having to frickle around with all those little details makes the game slower which I think is a bad thing.

I'm totally with you mate on this. Just a notch easier would be perfect. I want to win things to be fair. I want to see my hard work rewarded. I do put a lot of time into the game but don't seem to get much out of it. I don't want obviously OTT success, just more than i'm getting now. I know i'm not very good and there are some excellent managers that come on here. I am getting better and challenging a bit better this time, but still have some really stupid defeats.

I hope they don't make it any harder (and I don't believe they will). I've been playing the game since back in the CM02 days and FM08 IMHO has been the most difficult version yet. I've never found it easy, perhaps I'm not very good at it, but because it's been so hard I haven't enjoyed this version as much as previous ones.

I do spend time setting up training routines, formations etc though I don't go into the in-depth analysis that Arsene Wenger does, but then he's paid more than me and he doesn't have another mundane job to go to. So, though I'm prepared to put some effort and I appreciate the depth of the game, I don't want to be literally spending a week on each and every game. I want a balance between tinkering and playing games.

Perhaps too it's because I start off in the Northern Premier League, but I can assure you I have never won the treble ten seasons in a row never even come close to it in fact. Winning three games in a row is about the extent of my realistic ambitions. :)

And though there may be a few calls to make the game more difficult I think my experiences of the toughness of the game alreadt are far more common.

:cool:

How do you define hard for a game like FM anyway? Losing is all part of the sport, and all the greatest managers in history have suffered losses, including shock ones (Arsenal & Hull anyone?)

To say it is too hard is sort of like saying there's no sure fire way to get so good you constantly win everything, which would be ridiculous. There have been teams stuck in the bottom leagues for dozens of years, not making any progress, so seeing as it's more than possible to get any team promoted on FM after several seasons, then if anything it is too easy, no?

Personally I don't rate FM's fun factor based on winning, I judge it based on the experience it gives me. Losing games and not getting consecutive promotions to the premiership doesn't make me think it is too hard, it just makes me think it's realistic, which is ultimately what makes FM so enjoyable, especially when you do finally get a bit of success after struggling for so long

What does AI mean?

Appricot indigestion

I dont find the game too easy at all. ive had a mixture of success in my games. Ive had promotion in lower leagues, but also relegations. ive also taken spurs to champs league and lague glory...this too was hard. There are always things to overcome. Its also important to set yourself personal challenges i feel ie. to get a team with as many youth team players as you can or to try and not sign a player for over 5m as manager of a top club etc.

Archived