FM 09 Updates (Where Are They?)

So its been a while since there was a last official update on the fm website about the new 09 release. It would be great to hear some more official information, the game is coming out in a month. Maybe computer requirements , when will the demo be released some more videos or screen shots of the new game?

Well the video said there would be a blog with more information about the game 2-3 weeks before it's release date.

And the demo will also be available (as said in the video) 2-3 weeks before the release date.

It's only just over a month away until the release date, and that means about 2 weeks or so before the demo comes out :)

Hope that helped.

Blogs were supposed to be here last week weren't they.

Yes there was but for some reason there has been a delay. I hope they start soon though because I personally would rather have a blog than a podcast. I really didn't enjoy the last one so I won't be listening to any more so the quicker the blogs (and the demo ;)) come the better.

Yes there was but for some reason there has been a delay. I hope they start soon though because I personally would rather have a blog than a podcast. I really didn't enjoy the last one so I won't be listening to any more so the quicker the blogs (and the demo ;)) come the better.

Agree.

I also hope that the first blog will appear soon.

Agreed, i loved the blogs last year and found the podcasts to be full of uninteresting nonsense which i couldn't give two hoots about, i found i had to wait for a good 10-15 minutes until i got to hear anything about the game and in the meantime had to listen to Miles and co ramble on.

So everything has been delayed? Like what? Blogs... Podcasts have been on time, the original video was on time, I reckon it will be on time don't worry

Alright the blogs have been late. I do still have faith but it woulden't surprise me, this year is a big step up and a lot of new features.

Hate to be a pessimist, it would not surprise me if the demo is a bit late. Everything else has been.

Even if that's the case (and it isn't, see above!) if the demo's late we really are screwed. If the demo's not ready on time, chances are the game won't be - we've had no firm date for the demo, only that it'll be available when the game goes Gold which is two or three weeks before release - so for it to be "late", that'd screw the full game release up. Be more optimistic! I'm sure SI wouldn't have given a date for release so early if they weren't sure they'd hit it - it's not been their style in the past to screw us on release dates once announced.

So its been a while since there was a last official update on the fm website about the new 09 release. It would be great to hear some more official information, the game is coming out in a month. Maybe computer requirements , when will the demo be released some more videos or screen shots of the new game?

I take it as a good sign, that SI is working hard on the game instead of spending time doing PR.

It was in terms of progress compared to other versions. Take a trip to OTF and see how much they slate it. 09 seems a great deal better though. Not because of the 3D matches though.

OTF slate everything. :rolleyes:

:D

I'm still playing FM08, a year after it launched - not many games I can say that about...

I would rather it be a little late than not finished

In my experience, no game is ever completely finished and you can be certain that upon release there will be a flood of people complaining about something missing or a random bug. Therefore in my view releasing the game a little late will not mean a 100% completed and ready game.

i hope to have some blogs soon too. to be honest, the lack of news has meant that i've gone off the boil a bit. i'm playing FIFA 09 (food break so i thought i'd browse the web a bit) and not really thinking about FM too much right now. no doubt that'll start to change again when we start hearing more about it.

argh, 10 v 10 multiplayer is calling me back. must go.

OTF slate everything. :rolleyes:

:D

I'm still playing FM08, a year after it launched - not many games I can say that about...

Well yeah but this time it was unusally harsh. 07 didn't get as much crap. Because 07 was made quite alot of progress and didn't have the utterly ridiculous closing down bug.

In my experience, no game is ever completely finished and you can be certain that upon release there will be a flood of people complaining about something missing or a random bug. Therefore in my view releasing the game a little late will not mean a 100% completed and ready game.

Good point but maybe a little nearer the finished article than if released in October

Archived