2 Questions

Hi what leagues would i be able to load up without my laptop running to slow, i would like a few leagues/countrys for a new game and dont no who to be any suggestions would be good. Dont want to be a great team but maybe a good team.

The spec is 1.86ghz, 2gb ram, 250gb hard drive? What leagues would run smootly?

Any suggestion on who to be?

You should be able to run about 10-12 leagues quite easily I would have thought. To help stop the game running too slowly make sure that you don't have too much programs running in the background. Open up the taskmanager by pressing ctrl\alt\delete then going to processes and stoping as many of these as you can. As you go through the years the game will slow down as the file size gets bigger and unfortunately there is very little you can do about this.

The spec is 1.86ghz, 2gb ram, 250gb hard drive?
You should be able to run about 10-12 leagues quite easily I would have thought.

I have a laptop with similar stats and have found that Trekman's estimate is right on. I run about 10 leagues and a large database and it runs fine.

Does anyone know what a 1.83GHz dual core processor with 4gb ram would cope with? Also have 2mb cache.

Thanks

RAM is the most important factor (obviously a good CPU helps).

4Gb of RAM is 4 times as much as me (your CPU is almost the same as mine), and as I said - I'm happily running 14 leagues from 7 countries.

You could run WAY more than that.

Does anyone know what a 1.83GHz dual core processor with 4gb ram would cope with? Also have 2mb cache.

Thanks

What version of windows (32 bit or 64bit) do you have? If its the 32bit version then you won't have access to the full 4GB. I have 4GB installed but my version of windows (vista home premium 32bit) only recognises about 3.3gb.

What version of windows (32 bit or 64bit) do you have? If its the 32bit version then you won't have access to the full 4GB. I have 4GB installed but my version of windows (vista home premium 32bit) only recognises about 3.3gb.

Same for me... mine accesses 3.4gb.

So, lots of leagues then!?

Same for me... mine accesses 3.4gb.

So, lots of leagues then!?

Depends what you like I suppose. I am currently running 25 leagues across 10 nations and the speed its at just now suits me fine. Its inevitable that the game will slow down though as the file size gets bigger and there isn't much you can do about that.

Archived