Greatest Number of Nationalities?

I just realised that I had 38 different nationalities amongst my players (including loans out) in my current FM07 Ipswich save. I think I may have to rename the team to something more cosmopolitan. This is a bit unusual even for me (generally my squads are rather too big and mildly diverse).

What kind of domestic/foreign balance do other people generally go for in their squads?

As I usually only manage Brazilian teams, I rarely have any foreign player and when I do, it's rarely more than 3 as I can only field 3 foreigners in the Brazilian League.

I have 28 at the moment.

To come clean, I created an EPL club in the editor (with no players but loadsamoney) and use Genie Scout to find youths and regens from all over - I've just picked up an Andorran teenager and one from Burkina Faso (Unusually, I even found a promising English kid!). In my first season I vacuumed up no less than 98 signings! Needless to say my feeder club is packed to the gunnels!

My first team is packed with Spaniards and Brazilians with a couple of Argentinians thrown in. Of my current squad of 82 (most being teenagers), only 7 are English, of whom 5 are teenage hot prospects. By the way, I have no Scots or Irish and one Welsh kid who ain't going to make the grade.

I just realised that I had 38 different nationalities amongst my players

Has your side been successful ? It'd be interesting to see what sort of effect such a range of nationalities has one a team as i can't imagine so many different cultures/personalities are going to benefit you.

My San Marino club side

I didn't know you could play in the San Marino league ??

I like to build the core of my team with English players.

What if you're managing the German National side? ;)

In my current At. Madrid team there are only about 8 "Foreigners" in the team.

1 Dane, 1 Greek, 2 Argentinian, 1 Brazilian (how many is a Brazilian?), 1 Italian, 1 German and a Portugueezer.

That is including the 1st team, Reserves and youth squad....

Has your side been successful ? It'd be interesting to see what sort of effect such a range of nationalities has one a team as i can't imagine so many different cultures/personalities are going to benefit you.

It seems to be working fairly well so far - doing rather well in the league despite one of my first-choice strikers being 37. It's likely that a number of the youngsters won't make the grade, but that's the 07 scouts for you.

The other strange thing is that all of the players seem to be getting on unusually well and not getting homesick. I had a Chinese international who was having problems settling, but as soon as I got a second Chinese player in, the problems went away. Shame they're both injured all the time, though.

In fact, my Irish/Slovenian central midfield duo have become best friends, and everyone loves Danny Haynes of course.

everyone loves Danny Haynes of course.

The only reason i love him is for making himself look a plank at our place in the FA Cup where he scored only to have it dissalowed but Mr Haynes hadn't realised and proceeded to start doing a ridiculous celebratory dance infront of your lot despite his own supporters telling him to f**k off etc whilst we launched an attack :D

on my arsenal save i decided i would not have more than 1 player per nationality. my squad was of the top of my head about ~21 players so i say 21. if you count youngstars make that something like 25.

on more 'normal' saves i try to keep ~50%+ of the players from the country i am based in.

They play in the national stadium of San Marino - Olimpico, in Serravalle.

Now I'm at home, I can list my nationalities..

Andorra, Argentina x3, Austria, Belgium, Brazil x2, Ivory Coast x2, Cyprus, England x2, France x5, Germany x2, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy x15, Japan, The Netherlands, South Africa, Scotland, San Marino x15, Switzerland, Sweden and Uruguay.

in 2010 on my arsenal save, out of a 74 player squad I have 25 different nationalities, which are:

33 x English, 12 x French, 4 x Spanish, 3 x Italian, 2 x Brazil/Ivory Coast. and one of the following Argentinian,Belgian,Bosnian,Congolese, Croatian,Danish,German,Irish,Mexican,Dutch,Norwegian,Poland,Portuguese,Scottish,Swiss,Welsh,Togolese and Papua New Guinean.

2012/2013 Rangers

Argentina x2

Belguim

Brazil

England x2 (both on the bench) :D

Spain x2

Italy

Mexico

Holland x2

Romania

Russia x2 (Roman has Scottish as second nat)

Scotland x8 (most play)

Switzerland

Uraguay x2

To expand a bit (since everyone else is)

Argentina x 2 (1 out on loan)

Belgium

Belarus x 3 (2 out on loan)

Bolivia

Brazil (out on loan)

Bulgaria

Canada

Chile x 3

China x 3 (1 out on loan)

Colombia x 3 (all out on loan)

England x 22 (8 out on loan)

Spain x 3

Finland

France x 3 (1 out on loan)

Ghana (out on loan)

Hungary

Ireland x 4 (2 out on loan)

Iran (Super Ali Daei, still going strong at 38)

Iceland

Israel x 2 (Both out on loan)

Italy x 12 (you can tell where my best scout's from)

Montenegro (Out on loan)

Namibia

Netherlands

Nigeria (Out on loan)

Northern Ireland x 2 (1 out on loan)

New Zealand

Paraguay x 3 (2 out on loan)

Peru x 3

Poland (Out on loan)

Switzerland

Slovakia

Slovenia x 2

South Africa

Sweden x 2

USA (out on loan)

Wales

Zimbabwe

(Edit: Missed out the fullbacks and wingers)

I always try to have a minimum of foreign players in my team.

In 99% of the time I buy only domestic players.

It's kinda wierd but I'm more satisfied to win something with all domestic players rather with some cosmpolitan squad.

I always try to have a minimum of foreign players in my team.

In 99% of the time I buy only domestic players.

It's kinda wierd but I'm more satisfied to win something with all domestic players rather with some cosmpolitan squad.

I'm the complete opposite, especially if I'm a smallish club. I'm Greenock Morton in 2012 and I've one Scottish player in my first-team squad. I love trying to be like Wenger and find random, obscure foreigners and win things with a team full of talented, yet unknown youngsters.

I'm the intertoto cup now and really struggling to fill my 25 man quota of players based on the home grown rules...oops

At the moment on my Watford save I have no English players in my first team squad.

Gk - Brazil/Spain

Lb - Holland/Argentina

Cb - Spain

Cb - Argentina/ Senegal

Rb - Morocco/Nigeria

Lm - Brazil/ Burkina Faso

Cm - Portugal/France

Cm - Finland/Chille

Rm - Brazil

St - Brazil

St - Argentina/ Chile

Hmmm.. WOW, that's pretty bad now I look at it. I think it's obvious where I send most of my scouts. My manager profile shows a domestic player bias of '1'. LOL.

I found it quite hard to register enough good players for the champions league, although it should be easier in the next few years as I have lots of talent coming through the academy (mostly foreign!)..

I felt quite bad at not having an English player in the first team squad so I just bought a 16year old potential star striker from Arsenal for 5million to try and start an influx of English youth..

EDIT: It's 2016 on the game!

I sometimes like to see if I can poach a foreign player (with Gillingham I bought a couple of French players, a Ugandan and some others & stormed the league), but as I normally play with small time clubs, I just get the best available talent.

I thought I was good for buying mainly british players then a news item came up saying 8 players called up for copa america and I only had 1 player in each squad!

GK - Norway/Paraguay

RB - Australia/Germany

LB - Spain/Spain

CB - South Africa/England

CB - Czech Rep/England

CM - China/Greece

AMR - England/Greece

AMC - England/Brazil

AML - Austria/Portugal

FC - England/England

FC - Italy/Belgium

Also have a Mexican/Ecuadorian/Columbian/Bolivian/Argentinian its a bit silly really.

Edit: Its 2031 and I have 20 for domestic player bias

Archived