What should i do?

Should i stay or go?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should i stay or go?

• Stay, break all records!
    • Go, make another team elsewhere great!

Ok, i'm now in my 16th season as manager of Chimney Corner where i've turned them from nobodies into an untouchable force in Northern Ireland and indeed all of Ireland having won the All Irish Cup more than anyone else in history.

I've won 11 leagues and 26 cups in that time, haven't lost a league game in almost 2 years and have had a new stadium built and named after me and got the facilites upto max so we only ever use players who have come through the system. :)

That's the positives but there are negatives too, i can't get the club reputation above national or my own reputation above continental, I can't have more than 3 coaches without using the ass man to coach trick etc and can't hold onto my top players beyond the age of 23.

I have all the British and Rep of Ireland leagues loaded so my question is, should i stay or should i go, if the latter to what league? Bear in mind i will only choose a club in the bottom league despite being able to walk into any club.

If i where you id stay put. All that hard work to leave it all. Try and do well in Europe. If this becomes boring then look for a move to maybe Wales. Probably be the same story but well ive never played it and im told by a few people its a fun play.

how do you do in europe?

Furthest i've managed so far is the group stages of Champions League although usually it's 2nd or 3rd qualifying round.

Geronimo, i've considered that one but for some reason just don't want to manage my favourite team, perhaps i fear the rejection from my own :p

You could always save your game under a different name, then move to a new club and save it under a different name again. That way you have the best of both worlds, a new challenge and if it doesn't work out you can load your old game, some people might think that's cheating, but I like to keep it safe because i've moved clubs and ruined career games too many times before.

Stay.

You will regret it if you leave and the new manager ruins your team.

That happened to me on FM05. Even though I only had 2 seasons at Palermo I finished 6th and 5th with a relegation-tipped team. When I left it went balls up and I couldn't go back to change it.

However you've been there so long leaving now wouldn't be such a bad thing. it's not as if you left when I did and not accomplished much or won any trophies.

Maybe go and manage in league 1 or something and have a bit of fun instead of having to work through all the leagues again. Besides you have a great reputation.

You could always save your game under a different name, then move to a new club and save it under a different name again. That way you have the best of both worlds, a new challenge and if it doesn't work out you can load your old game, some people might think that's cheating, but I like to keep it safe because i've moved clubs and ruined career games too many times before.

haha i like your way of thinking and i don't see how it's cheating, if i did decide to move and i didn't enjoy it then i would go back to the old save, it's not like i'm saving to make sure i win which would be cheating.

I'm definitely leaning towards leaving and trying elsewhere, perhaps try to break the Old Firm's strangle hold in Scotland.

If you are prepared to stay for another 10 seasons (ish), you might be able to start competing in Europe. After about 20 seasons I was able to reach the latter stages of the CL.

Closest I got was the final, 2-0 up, 10 minutes left. I lost 2-3 AET :(

If you are prepared to stay for another 10 seasons (ish), you might be able to start competing in Europe. After about 20 seasons I was able to reach the latter stages of the CL.

Closest I got was the final, 2-0 up, 10 minutes left. I lost 2-3 AET :(

Who was that with Dafuge?

lol Nomis, something tells me they wont listen :p

Yeah there are plenty of challenges about so i would go.

You could always take a team from the bottom each country and win the highest division though i think you might be playing 09 before you manage to complete that challenge.

Go somewhere else in NI, and try to knock them off again.

Try and get every stadium in the league named after yourself :)

Haha now that really would be something to aim for!

Yeah there are plenty of challenges about so i would go.

You could always take a team from the bottom each country and win the highest division though i think you might be playing 09 before you manage to complete that challenge.

Another idea i like muchly

You couldn't be more accurate if you tried VB.

If your "get up and go" has "got up and went" then it's time to, em... "Get up and go"... ;)

I think it has and every time i've read someone say this in this thread it makes sense so i think it's time for me to leave, the poll says so too.

Stay and break all records (won't happen because I have all the records) :-)

See my thread

Tonight I Start wit season 56 of my salernitana game.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=43319

wijnand

I mean all records in NI, looking at some of the records people have got in the records thread i could be playing forever and still not get them all.

After 16 seasons, take a look at teams in England, Spain or Italy that have sunk to lower leagues. Bring them back up, as usually the reason they've dropped through the leagues is financial and that is one of the harder challenges to overcome but with their still high reputation its fun since you can get most players on cheap over your competition.

Don't listen to most people in here :) (no offence guys) but STAY! make them challengers for the CL! Make them a dominant force in the world! Let corner shops in Tibet sell Chimney Corner sell your shirts because you've become that popular and famous.

Don't listen to most people in here :) (no offence guys) but STAY! make them challengers for the CL! Make them a dominant force in the world! Let corner shops in Tibet sell Chimney Corner sell your shirts because you've become that popular and famous.

haha that'd be a 100 year career game...but I would love to see that too! But I've been at the point he is now, where his league reputation just isn't high enough to progress his team fast enough so hes forced to do well in the CL season after season after season etc to raise his leagues rep so that he can raise his team rep enough to actually keep CL caliber players on the team.

Whatever you choose to do though, was a great job getting Chimney to where they are now!

Ok, my final decision has been made, i'm going to stick it out with The Super Chims (yes i'm sad :p) and try to bring them Champions League glory, thanks to everyones for their comments etc and especially to Dafuge for giving me belief that it can be done! :D

My advice...:D

Stay couple of more years. Try to get pass the group stage of CL.

If it doesn't work then leave the club. If it works, then try reacing as far as you can...give yourself another 7-8 seasons in Chimney.

After that, I would personaly move to some club in Scotland...Lower League of course...with them win the leauge and then try to be better with them in Europe then you was with Chimney. I believe this should be little easier because as far as I know Scotish league has more reputation than NI league. After that, consider moving somewhere in England. Also Lower Leauge and bring them to the CL finals.

I hope you understood me...my English is a bit bad...

Ok, my final decision has been made, i'm going to stick it out with The Super Chims (yes i'm sad :p) and try to bring them Champions League glory, thanks to everyones for their comments etc and especially to Dafuge for giving me belief that it can be done! :D

Good man! Hope they bring you eternal success.

Yes! You have made the right decision.:D

Good luck :thup:

Archived