Possible Addition To Finance Module?

Ive never come across anything like this happening in game so please feel free to prove me wrong.

This idea would probably only apply to people who like playing long term games with a club who start the game with a Club Director debt - I play with liverpool who in game pay 2Mill a month to repay the loan.

If circumstances permitted in game would it be possible to add another option to the Budget Adjustment feature where you could allocate some extra funds you have to repaying the loan? This would have possible benefits like reducing the term of the loan or keeping the loan over the term it is at but the repayments are reduced.

This perhaps is beyond the reach of a manager but would it be possible for the board to perhaps speak to you about this? EG: The board could approach you and say something like, Due to the club's healthy bank balance would you be willing to sacrifice some of your transfer budget in order to repay the clubs loan quicker?

You could then evaluate your squad and decide how much of your budget you would be willing to release.

Benefits would be like as stated above, your monthly costs will decrease but on the flipside you wont have as much money to invest in the squad.

I just got this idea becuase im currently playing a long term game with liverpool and i have a large transfer budget which i dont need to spend because im happy with the team i have so the money just sits there when it could be used to reduce the massive loan repayments.

Any thoughts?

If circumstances permitted in game would it be possible to add another option to the Budget Adjustment feature where you could allocate some extra funds you have to repaying the loan? This would have possible benefits like reducing the term of the loan or keeping the loan over the term it is at but the repayments are reduced.

This perhaps is beyond the reach of a manager but would it be possible for the board to perhaps speak to you about this? EG: The board could approach you and say something like, Due to the club's healthy bank balance would you be willing to sacrifice some of your transfer budget in order to repay the clubs loan quicker?

You could then evaluate your squad and decide how much of your budget you would be willing to release.

As you have suggested this would be impossible because a manager would have nothing to do with finances like loans the club has. I do agree with you though that it would be good if your club got to a stage where their finances were reasonably healthy they could repay the loan back earlier. I don't know how this could be put into the game since the manager would normally have no say whatsoever in these matters as its normally a board decision only.

As you have suggested this would be impossible because a manager would have nothing to do with finances like loans the club has. I do agree with you though that it would be good if your club got to a stage where their finances were reasonably healthy they could repay the loan back earlier. I don't know how this could be put into the game since the manager would normally have no say whatsoever in these matters as its normally a board decision only.

I'd imagine it could be done in much the same way the game deals with finances getting too big (i.e. approaching the point where it reverts to minus figures) and the club invests them, if it can do that it should recognise the fact that we have enough money to pay off the loan without any input from us.

this has happened in older versions and it was just something the board did to pay of debt when there is a surplus of cash. i certainly remember it happening in 03/04. im a rangers fan so it is of major interest to me in the game. it would be nice to see when you are 3 seasons in or so you have 20mil or so in the bank ,pay of some debt, give me a bigger transfer budget next year. win/win as they say

Yeah this would be beyond a manager to decide something like this as i said originally but at the same time it would be nice to have the feature added with perhaps some form of interaction with the manager.

My reasoning behind this would be, generally the reason clubs have healthy bank balances is due to a manager's handling of the club and the finances made available to him - transfer shrewdness, salary caps, identifying the right players, success and prize money. This statement obviously wouldnt apply to the man citys & chelseas of this world who have a never ending pit of money but generally the more success a club has the more it gains financially.

The board could perhaps identify that the reason their club has the excess money it has is because you as a manager were not only a good tactician (you have brought success) but you have a good business head (you dont pay over the odds for players, keep within wage budget and as a result help make the club a profit every year). As a result they could ask you for even your opinion on how much of your transfer budget you reckon the team can realisticaly do without at any time.

As i said originally i only came up with this because i have a long term game at the moment where the board's confidence in me is so high they want to sack the club accountant and hire me. This kind of option would perhaps have to be earned. Maybe in the early years the board would take it into their own hands and choose X amt to go towards the loan - the amount being chosen would be determined by variables like clubs balance/transfer budget, club chairman's interference/business ratings etc.

As time goes by and you gradually begin to prove your worth to the board they may be more open to taking your opinion on board.

Although true that the manager IRL has nothing to do with this. Neither does he get the blame for poor finances if he is within his wage budget and transfer budget, yet the club still loses money. I see no reason why this couldn't be implemented. It is something I have thought about while playing, like the OP, as Liverpool. Especially when I am given a transfer budget at the beginning of the season that is that is close to or greater than the club balance.

At the same time, I agree with Neji that I would prefer it if the board themselves had the nounce to pay off the debt or bring it down when it is possible.

I really like the idea above!!when your club's bank balance is so good that it says they want to sack the accountant and appoint you that the board would ask you what proportion you would give to pay the debt off. it will be like adjusting the budget between wages and transfers...this would be really cool - and that way you'll feel as if you're actually having an effect on the club as a business - you're helping to secure the future of something that you love :)

Archived