Hot Favorite to take over from Sir Alex...

Hahaha... I still can't believe this!

So after many many happy years playing in my Derby game (well, game years) I decided I had achieved all I could, so I started a new one with Burton. I signed a bunch of random foreigners who impressed me in trials and built a damn good team. Started the season slowly, but by the end it was an unstoppable force. Managed to make it to the 5th round of the FA cup shockingly enough too... So at the end of the season I'd won the Blue Square Premier, Setanta Shield and FA Trophy and I was over the moon with that effort.

Now, a couple of days after the end of the season I got a message:

brewersps3.jpg

Oh yeah, one year in management and already the hot favorite to take over from Sir Alex at United...

Yeah this isn't unheard of. Listen to people saying that Roy Keane and Paul Ince could one day manage Man U. They've only started their management careers a couple of years ago.

But Roy Keane's reputation is Ex-International Player (or whatever the term used is)

Roy Keane and Paul Ince are only linked with high quality jobs because of the reason Daniel_Foster. If Paul Ince hadn't played for Man Utd and England he wouldn't have got the MK Dons job, let alone the Blackburn job.

edit: just found out that Paul Ince's full name is; Paul Emerson Herbert Carlyle Ince ... :)

Yeah this isn't unheard of. Listen to people saying that Roy Keane and Paul Ince could one day manage Man U. They've only started their management careers a couple of years ago.

dont forget. Hughes, Bruce, O'neil ect

it's certainly going to be intresting the day they do appoint a new manager. will it be forigne?

The only issue with rebuilding a team every time your promoted is that it means that you will have a slow start, or at least slow in comparison to how the team will be once it's settled.

Actually, if that is the case though this new squad is going to be scary... Started with a 3-0 away win over Hereford, 4-1 home win over Tranmere and a dissapointing 0-0 draw away to Lincoln. Apart from the draw (which the team dominated from start to finish).

I'm sure you United were wishing they offered me the job now, though they still have Sir Alex...

In mine Brian Mcclair got the job.

Mike Phelan's asst manager now, so I think when Fergie finally retires, it could be either him or one of the many ex-players.

On another point, how many ex-players under Fergie are currently managers? Seems like a never-ending list.

Archived