....I am in 2030 at the moment and I've just taken over Wolves. And all theese people saying the quality regens are crap. About 4 of my players are Champions League stanard and the other 10 are not far of it. The physical attributes I have found are the best. So wtf is the problem with regens.

PS: Carlos Vela was the best player in the world 6 years running (2017,18,19,2020,21,22)

The only problem with that Neji is that it's all done by the AI so sure players brought through by AI teams may have a problem with physical stats it's not true so much if people develop their own talent.

AI development affects the user in a lot of ways. You can't expect your own talents to be all good enough and you need to be able to find good alternatives in the transfermarket in the future as well. Regens should be a high priority and I read they are fixed in FM 09 so that is a good thing.

The only problem with that Neji is that it's all done by the AI so sure players brought through by AI teams may have a problem with physical stats it's not true so much if people develop their own talent.

How many players can you develop to a top standard with good set pieces and physical stats though?

Also, I've just played a Sheffield Wednesday game up until 2030 ish and basically won every cup for the last five years of the game with ease. Why? Because I buy all the best players (there are so few of them that I can) and the other teams struggle to compete.

The regens are diabolical in FM08, as far as I'm concerned there is no arguement against that :)

....I am in 2030 at the moment and I've just taken over Wolves. And all theese people saying the quality regens are crap. About 4 of my players are Champions League stanard and the other 10 are not far of it. The physical attributes I have found are the best. So wtf is the problem with regens.

PS: Carlos Vela was the best player in the world 6 years running (2017,18,19,2020,21,22)

Not sure if we are talking about the same game.......

Could you post some screenshot to show how good your regen players' physical stats are?

How many players can you develop to a top standard with good set pieces and physical stats though?

Also, I've just played a Sheffield Wednesday game up until 2030 ish and basically won every cup for the last five years of the game with ease. Why? Because I buy all the best players (there are so few of them that I can) and the other teams struggle to compete.

The regens are diabolical in FM08, as far as I'm concerned there is no arguement against that :)

To be fair i'm only in NI so the standard required is obviously much lower than some leagues, guess i'll find out once i move clubs.

I have seen some godly regens but the majority have strange attribute combinations. Finding regens with good fin, accel, pace, and composure is quite hard. And there are still far too many defenders with good finishing, poor tackling, or forwards with good tackling etc.

also a lot of them have their highest stats in daft/irrelevant areas... dc's with great corner attributes, sc's wth high long throw ability... doesnt make any sense. have to agree that their physical attributes are often the poorest though.. and i cant find a good penalty taker for love nor money...

Ok so in essence your cheating the comp cause it will be at a disadvantage. I mean if you do tend to get good players what is the use and fun if the other teams have terrible players that can't jump high or out muscle your guys. It seems pretty pointless.

Archived