Upgrading Laptop help - FM09 worries

Hey guys, i've currently got a good desktop computer with 3Gigs of ram and 1TB hard-drive, I'm really not sure on the graphics card, i think it may be the one supplied with dell, but i know that my monitor need ATI-drivers, i don't know how this affects graphics cards!

I got an old laptop, it has 768mb of ram (a 512MB card and a 256MB card) Im replacing the 256 with another 512 so i will have 1Gig of ram. Again i'm not sure about graphics card, again it has a ATI driver for the monitor and the laptop has a Intel Pentium 4CPU 2.800GHz processor.

It runs FM08 fairly fine, but my main concern is about FM09, and if any beta testers that are on or any developers are on, could they tell me if this will run fine? Or any of the posters on here take a guess of how it will run?

Thanks

Hey guys, i've currently got a good desktop computer with 3Gigs of ram and 1TB hard-drive, I'm really not sure on the graphics card, i think it may be the one supplied with dell, but i know that my monitor need ATI-drivers, i don't know how this affects graphics cards!

I got an old laptop, it has 768mb of ram (a 512MB card and a 256MB card) Im replacing the 256 with another 512 so i will have 1Gig of ram. Again i'm not sure about graphics card, again it has a ATI driver for the monitor and the laptop has a Intel Pentium 4CPU 2.800GHz processor.

It runs FM08 fairly fine, but my main concern is about FM09, and if any beta testers that are on or any developers are on, could they tell me if this will run fine? Or any of the posters on here take a guess of how it will run?

Thanks

Dont think they finalised the specs required yet but I think really the best thing you could do is wait for the demo and take it from there.

Thanks

I no next to nothing about computers or the specs to run games, but from the threads i have read you should be able to run 09 ok with what you've got :D

I seem to recall Miles (Sports Interactive Studio Director in case you don't know who I'm talking about) suggesting that if your current setup runs FM2008 reasonably well then it will be fine for FM2009. The game will automatically default to 2D if your computer can't handle 3D.

thanks for the replies, my main concern would be the graphics card issue, as I'm sure i just have the average bog standard graphics card that comes with the computers.

Will the graphics card be an issue for 3D?

I've a similar graphics setup in my laptop FelixG. I'm expecting FM2009 to work okay as I've seen someone from SI (PaulC I think) say they are trying to make it work with integrated graphics cards. Looking at the screenshots I don't think it will be too demanding - so fingers crossed.

I've a similar graphics setup in my laptop FelixG. I'm expecting FM2009 to work okay as I've seen someone from SI (PaulC I think) say they are trying to make it work with integrated graphics cards. Looking at the screenshots I don't think it will be too demanding - so fingers crossed.

Hopfully it will be!

Archived