AS fm08 draws to a close....

a) I have three, my Arsenal game which went on until 2014, my Harpenden game, who I go up to the Championship, and my IFK Hempstead game, which I am playing atm and really enjoying!

b) A Queen's Park game, they're only allowed free signings throughout the entire game, and they always stay amateur!

my favourite is my current game with Sporting, im in 2017/18 season, and im just going to stay there until i get sacked, and if i do, might try international management or something, im not really used to having many regens, so my team average age is always quite high, and its pretty hard to let some players go

a) PSV game until 2015. Kept their domestic title streak alive. AFC Wimbledon, where I'm now in League 2 in 2013. Motala AIF in Sweden, now in the First Division Elite in only 2010. Derby game in 2011. Nearly cracked the top 4 last season.

b) AFC Wimbledon - I can't get out of League 2!:(

I haven't really had any enjoyable games with this release.

The closest i got was the first game i started with Blyth Spartans, I got them into the premier league by the time that 8.0.1 was released, which promptly ruined my game.

I can have a fun season, but then all the things wrong with FM08 are magnified - the transfer market, the dodgy boards, unrealistic expectations, random changes in morale, random changes in form, the ten run games of you peppering the oppositions goal and only scoring 1 goal while conceding to every shot on target.

FM08 was not a good game.

The closest i got was the first game i started with Blyth Spartans, I got them into the premier league by the time that 8.0.1 was released, which promptly ruined my game.

I can have a fun season, but then all the things wrong with FM08 are magnified - the transfer market, the dodgy boards, unrealistic expectations, random changes in morale, random changes in form, the ten run games of you peppering the oppositions goal and only scoring 1 goal while conceding to every shot on target.

It's your tactics

a) my current Rangers game, the furthest ive got in any CM or FM, having added a manager to Morton when i wanted a fresh challenge.

b) Morton, clearing depts and trying build a team to aviod relegation been by far my hardest challenge

Nearly everything you've mentioned happens in real life. So it's realistic. What's so bad about that?

1) My favorite game is the one im playing with SC Farense and qualifying

for europe after 3 teams above rejected the intertoto place!!

2) Most difficult challenge is with the team i support. Walsall. I get to attached

and frustrated when things go wrong!

Nearly everything you've mentioned happens in real life. So it's realistic. What's so bad about that?

Like not having your contract renewed for winning everything except the league cup?

Like not being able to sell your good premiership quality players to anyone for £0?

Really?

No.

a) My most enjoyable game was with Chelsea, just after i bought the game, i started a game with Chelsea, first season was a disaster, finished in 3rd. But second season after a few buys here and there, i won the EPL. It was nice because each goal was a reason to jump around the room and celebrate and every goal conceeded was a reason to punch the wall and become a psycho maniac. But after i won my first EPL, it was way too easy to win after that, that i just had to sit back and relax. Obvsly got bored and started another game.

b) I decided to manage a lower league team, maybe a new challenge. I picked Americano of Brazilian National Third Division. First 5 matches of Rio State League were a disaster, not even a single goal scored. But after that, a few free signs here and there, and there i was again, on the road of glory. Obvsly got bored and quit the game. But it was a nice challenge ... in the first 5 games.

a) what has been your most enjoyable game

A short term game I just started with Middlesbrough. It's been very easy but it's only to put me on until 09 come around, really enjoyed it more than I thought I would though.

b) what club has given you the biggest challenge

saving Sheffield Wednesday from PL Relegation - Took them over in January (I think) in their first year in the PL. They had 9 points. I failed. Managed to total up 32 points which I was still quite happy with considering the state they were in when I took over.

a) A multi-club career spanning from Notts County to Wolves to Tottenham and finally to Barca. Game lasted till 2015, where 8.01 came out. Now currently with AC Milan and Arsenal in 8.02, and enjoying it even more.

b) Notts County. Got them promoted in the first season, but were doing absolutely naff in the second. Moved on to Wolverhampton, where i lifted them out of the relegation zone.

a) My current game. 4 years, 2 titles and a European Cup at Juventus, 2 years and only a league cup at Marseille, now in my third season with 1 title under my belt at Barcelona all with ridiculous attacking tactics. Longest game I've played since 06 by some margin and has saved FM08 for me. Before I started was seriously considering not buying 09, now I can't wait for it.

b) Multiple attempts with Norwich in which the elation of winning promotion (but never the league) was immediately shattered by frustration at not being able to improve the squad and repeatedly battling relegation (and losing). Like the Walsall fan said, you get too attached to your own team.

Archived