FMH2009 Nations

Now that we know there is no new leagues for fmh2009, what about any new nations.

I think the variety of nations is quite small on fmh2008, and more nations should be added, e.g. Russia, Turkey, Romania, Cyprus, Slovakia & Slovenia.

I would like to see them nations added as it would be more exciting and add more flavour to the game as it gets boring playing with the same countries.

Also maybe some african nations in there, e.g Nigeria, South Africa, Ivory Coast, Benin & Angola ect. as well as the USA & Trinidad & Tobago ect.

I would like to know are any of these in fmh2009 and what nations you think should be added.

Cheers,

LukaBoi

Well, it would actually surprise me if there wasn't new nations, I don't think its that hard to implement them into the game, personally, teams like Brazil, Argentina, Ivory Coast, Australia, USA should be added, at least one from each continent so that each continental competition is able to play in, would be nice.

Cyprus? why

Its all to do with how many players of that nationallity are on the database e.g You can manage Saudi Arabia in Australia as there is load of the players but cant in England as there is none. Im ure i read somewhere that you have to have 15 players from that country

Yes, it would be nice if you could decided to upload the players from a country as some people might want to but some people might not want to so they can put it as an option. Wouldn't it be cool to manage a small country like Malta or Luxembourg to glory :D

With this new league switching thing though, I wonder if it would be possible (as an example) to start a game in Australia with the Saudi Arabia national team, then change leagues to England and manage a club there whilst retaining the Saudi job. Maybe FMH09 will force resignation of all positions before league swap?

I think, first and foremost we need.

Russian Premier League, 1st Div, 2nd Div & NLS

Then possibly

Major League Soccer & United League Soccer

Although, i'm pretty sure there are certain rules in the MLS that make it a nightmare to manage in, that's the impression i get of some of the FM users.

Also.

Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, B & C (Brazilian League)

I think it would be fun to have this aswell, good teams and there'd be plenty of talented youngsters coming through.

It would be nice to have the Russian league though, they've got some quality teams in there.

If not then the new features are awesome anyway!

:thup:

The 'nightmare' you are talking about with MLS is probably the drafting system. I've never played an MLS game, nor do I know much about it, but I assume it's similar to the drafting system with the AFL. Basically, the worse a team goes, the better youngsters it can select from a pool for the next season. Draft selections can also be used as a form of 'currency' for buying players. The salary cap there would also make it a bit of a shock to the system for English players accustomed to filling their team with mega-rich stars. If it's like the A-League though, in FMH games they don't seem to bother with limits on foreigners or the salary cap anyway; and I'd say the drafting system would be a pain in the bum to implement

Hmmm, i think Cyprus is a bit too far out tbh.

I'd want to concentrate on the decent leagues first, like the ones i've mentioned, before going into obscurer ones.

Also i think a rest of the world league wouldn't work, it's meant to be a realistic game and having a made up league would take away from that imo.

I'd rather have to wait and they put countries full football league systems in.

:thup:

They could just cut the drafting system, but the team that comes last gets more money and second last slightly less etc.. I know that sounds stupid but it would allow them to buy more quality than the other teams which makes it more realistic

managing in MLS is a pain in the backside on FM so i hope that they make it simpler in FMH. Also a South African league and the J-league would be nice too. Would also be good to have minnow leagues in the game like San Marino and Fiji.

Archived