Customising Game on a Mac

I have just received delivery of my new iMac and have so far managed to get the 8.02 patch downloaded but have resisted starting up a game as I wan't to try and customise it before I start.

On the PC I have always added Logos, Facepacks, Kits, Flags etc etc to enhance the game. I am not the best with computers but managed to fumble my way through it. With the Mac however I don't have the first clue as to how I should go about this.

Is there anyone who could provide me some advice on this matter as I have looked through 20 odd pages of the forums and come across some advic, but still can't get it to work.

In addition, looking to transfer saved game form my PC on to my iMac if possible.

There's no difference in handling logos, facepacks etc. on Mac and PC. The folder structure is the same. The customized files have to be placed under /users/your name/documents/Sports Interactive/... just like on the PC.

Even savegame transfer is possible. Just be aware to have the same patch level, database, skins, etc. installed on your Mac as before on the PC.

Frank

There's no difference in handling logos, facepacks etc. on Mac and PC. The folder structure is the same. The customized files have to be placed under /users/your name/documents/Sports Interactive/... just like on the PC.

Even savegame transfer is possible. Just be aware to have the same patch level, database, skins, etc. installed on your Mac as before on the PC.

Frank

Frank,

I was hoping that you would reply back. Seen from most of the forums that you had commented on Mac issues.

The fact that the structure for files etc is the same will certainly make things easier, but like I said I am a novice. Previously I would have saved items to my desktop then used WINRAR to extract them to a specific file. When I do download a file, I am notified that there is no programme to open the files with. Where do I go from here and how do I then extract the files to the relevant folders.

Your help is appreciated.

David

Archived