Please try answer this for me!!!

Hey i need wee bit of help,i have had many saved games on my laptop but now its just down to my incredible west ham challenge and its going amazing but one thing ive noticed is that im just into my 4th season and one problem i am having is that when i use the match commentary thing where it only shows me key points of the game its runnign really slow,it wasnt doing this 4 days ago,no new installs on my laptop since then etc and im not running and other programms at the time of playing except msn and internet page.

can anyone help as its really annoying,thanks

right ok and what will i be looking for etc if somethings running and how do i know if its big enuf to be causign the issue?

cheers

Have a look in processes and disable as many of these as you can. Don't touch the ones called svchost.exe though or you might find that your computer suddenly reboots. If you don't want to open up the task manager then have a look at the bottom right of your screen and see how many icons there are. If theres quite a few then right click on each one and see if there is an option to stop or disable this item.

It would be really helpful if you can tell us how much ram and what type and speed of processor you have. You can get this information by right clicking on the my computer icon and selecting properties. Take note of what it says and tell us. Finally, how many leagues are you running?

As said before

Ctrl+Alt+Del and open task manager

Options and tick 'Always On Top'

Click the Processes tab

Click the CPU column to sort in order of most used

If there is no CPU column go View > Select Columns and tick the CPU Usage box

Open FM and go to play a match

When it starts stuttering look at task manager and see if something else is using the CPU at the same time as FM

If you want maximise Task manager, sort by CPU, take a screenshot and upload it to imageshack.

As computers get older their components lose integrity/efficiency (processor, FAN etc..), especially if you leave your computer on for long periods of time.

Another likely cause is a virus, so update your diagnostics and scan, then scan again.

Also try and look at the processer usage WHILE playing FM, if it spikes during processing results then its probably because you have so many leagues running (do you have them all on full detail?), also remember the longer the game goes on the more data has to be stored/retrieved so the game will slow down as you play long term games.

Edit: another simple way of improving processing speed, is to defragment your hard drive, this puts all the data you have currently on your harddrive closer together. I don't know how to do this on Vista (my current OS) and can't remember the path on XP but I'm sure you cna find out with a quick google search.

Archived