How deep is your love?

Just how much do you love FM?

Are you like me?....

I go to bed at night and I'm seriously thinking about FM:

"Why did I play him?

Why didn't I close down more in those last 10 minutes?....

What if I used (Player A) in DM instead of (Player B)?... (this is LLaMa friendly, you see ;))

Would a 4-2-3-1 be better suited to us?....."

Do you obsess over FM like I do?

I genuinely believe that, if I get divorced, it will be because of FM.

When I get home from work at night I truly hope my wife isn't on the laptop: because I have "another formation" to try....

Do you micro-manage your team? Your tactics? Your training?

Do you manage the reserves and/or the youth team?

How far do you go with FM?

Do you really believe that, despite the fact it's a computer game, you are a Football Manager?

How deep is your (FM) love?

Please tell all bout your obsession...

Can't. Too busy thinking up strategies for FM.

I love that answer. :D

*and that's exactly the sort of stuff I'm talking about - how much of your real life is put aside because, like me, you're "busy"?... ;)

Well like you i go to bed and think about my team.

Currently my star striker lets call him Joe Joejoe for LLM sake. Joejoe is currently my top scorer and has been for 5 seasons and now on his sixth. Only problem is Joe Joejoe is now 30 and nearly 31. For a CL side, can i really afford my star man to be aging like this??

then i think about replacing my aging but world class defence. Is there a defensive pairing that i could sign that would live up to my centre backs.

Goalies?? My keepers form is dropping, yet my sub isnt good enough, how much would it cost to replace my first team goalie.

Lastly. I must try this formation tomorrow.

Then i usually fall asleep and wake up thinking TODAY I FIND THE REPLACEMENT FOR JOEJOE. Ive been saying that for a solid week now and nope no succsess in doing so,

Always on my mind.

And i keep on Waiting for the World to change.

And when i win, i throw my hands In The Ayer.

And there is No One who can take me away from this game.

(not hard to guess what profession I'm in)

I'm also constantly talking/thinking about it, i bore my wife silly talking about it, thankfully one of my workmates appreciates the game and is always asking about it so i can vent it somewhere. :D

Thankfully tactics aren't a concern of mine, I'm one of those people who counts going from 4-4-2 to 4-1-3-2 a massive change for special occasions only, but I do spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about my position in the league, how i'm going to outwit my title contenders, how i'm going to make the side stronger for the next season, how i'm gonna raise enough money for a new stadium etc etc lol

i have a notepad next to my laptop filled with tactics and spider diagrams of potential situations if i buy/ sell players etc.

must be an 200 page notebook that ive almost filled with fm08 stuff

managed to fill 2 notebooks on fm2007!!!

I'm the same too; I have notepads filled with all sorts of scribbles and formations and notes on media and tactics and all that.

Any time I have a spring clean I'll find old notebooks from previous FM's stashed in a corner somewhere. I won't even let the missus throw them out.

Thankfully tactics aren't a concern of mine, I'm one of those people who counts going from 4-4-2 to 4-1-3-2 a massive change for special occasions only, but I do spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about my position in the league, how i'm going to outwit my title contenders, how i'm going to make the side stronger for the next season, how i'm gonna raise enough money for a new stadium etc etc lol

Much the same here, i have my one tactic which is highly succesful so it's all about where else to improve.

I love playing Football Manager 2008, And I can't wait to get Football Manager 2009, My girlfriend shocked me last night, telling me she's getting it me as a gift :D

Although she knows it will take over my life again lol

Do indeed love FM, Play it to much lol.

And I will add : I am very happy with the quality of the game as I believe it's great :)

Archived