Europe's Top 12 Leagues - Challenge

Thought i would post this challenge in the hope that it encourages me to stick with it!

The idea is simple

Win each of Europe's top 12 rated leagues.

England

Spain

Italy

France

Germany

Russia

Romania

Portugal

Netherlands

Scotland

Turkey

Ukraine

Players will (obviously) need to load the above listed leagues, together with any other leagues/divisions they like.

Retain players from any nation you like, attribute masking should be ON

Players should start Unemployed, reputation is up to you... start out with an Auto reputation, and join a BS South club.., or start out as an International footballer and hope to go straight to a big team... its up to you!

Hopefully some people will be interested in giving this a go!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick tip..

starting the game in Russia - February 2008 means that many leagues are closing in on the end of their season, and as such, many managers jobs are uncertain. So more positions should be avaliable fairly quickly

Have loaded leagues -

England - Championship up

Spain - Liga BBv up

Italy - Serie B up

France - League 2 up

Germany - second div up

Russia - prem only

Romania - first only

Portugal - prem only

Netherlands - prem only

Scotland - prem only

Turkey - prem only

Ukraine - high league only

I've never managed in Ukraine or Romania before so they could be fun. I think the hardest to win will be Scotland as it could take a few years to build a team if you can't get Rangers or Celtic.

Going to start thise with pro footballer rep, as Its not that long till FMLive and FM09, a winning 12 leagues in that time starting as a BSN/S side aint gonna happen.

Leagues I'm running:

England - Coca Cola Champioship

France - Ligue 1

Germany - Bundesliga

Holland - Eredivisie

Italy - Serie A

Portugal - Bwin Liga

Romania - Liga 1

Scotland - Premier Division

Spain - La Liga

Turkey - Turkcell Premier

Ukraine - Vyshacha Liga

A few games in and I think I've made a big mistake taking on FC Moscow. The side needs to be heavily improved and theres just not budgets to do it. I don't know if I should gut it out, resign from Moscow and look for a new job or start over and be more careful with my job choices and not just take one to get into management straight away. What do you think?

After thinking it through I've decided to start again and be more careful in who I pick. Sorry if this annoys everyone but I can't get into a game if I'm struggling from the start. I won't do it again promise. It'll be with the exact same leagues and profile so I won't update that.

After thinking it through I've decided to start again and be more careful in who I pick. Sorry if this annoys everyone but I can't get into a game if I'm struggling from the start. I won't do it again promise. It'll be with the exact same leagues and profile so I won't update that.

thats fair enough!

i hate taking over struggleing teams, enless the resorces are their to turn them around pretty quickly!

They weren't struggling it was more like they were vastly overachieving.

The problem was (other than lack of budgets) a lot of my good players were injured and in Russia you have to have a homegrown player under 20 in the side and FC Moscows youth side are crap meaning I only could have 6 subs.

WHS :( But because I have too many divisions loaded.

I'm going to restart, with less divisions loaded. Probably like this. And with Pro football rep.

England - Coca Cola League 2

France - Ligue 2

Germany - 2nd Division

Holland - All divisions

Russia - Premier League

Italy - Serie B

Scotland - Premier League

Romania - All divisions

Turkey - Premier League

Ukraine - High League

Spain - Liga BBVA

Portugal - Bwin Liga

Will hopefully start again after I finish some homework.

Quick change I have restarted but with only the top leagues loaded in all apart from England which is down to championship.

which reputation are you starting with?

it will be interesting to see if you can get a job, ive had no luck getting top level jobs with a pro reputation...

i cant decide if i should start in the 2nd division of a country, or start again, with an international reputation...

im leaning towards upping the reputation to international to be honest. it should be enough of a challenge to win all 12 leagues, without having to build up a reputation first! what do you guys think?

I think International rep should probably be needed for this challenge to get even a 2nd division job.

Yea im restarting as an international rep now, with only top divisions, except england and russia (encase two of the teams i want to manage at some point get themselfs relegated!)

it is possible to get top division jobs with a pro reputation though, just before i restarted i got offered Tavria in Ukraine... would have taken it, but they were bottom of the league with about 6 games to go, having to go away to Shakhtar and Dinamo Kiev...

International reputation should atleast give me more choise... would love to get a team like Dnipro in Ukraine, think that might be out of reach for a first job though

which reputation are you starting with?

it will be interesting to see if you can get a job, ive had no luck getting top level jobs with a pro reputation...

i cant decide if i should start in the 2nd division of a country, or start again, with an international reputation...

im leaning towards upping the reputation to international to be honest. it should be enough of a challenge to win all 12 leagues, without having to build up a reputation first! what do you guys think?

I used pro rep. I have at the moment been offered the Wolves, Coventry, FC Moscow (again) and Auxerre jobs. Looking at this I don't think you can get the top jobs but you can get mid level jobs it just depends on who gets fired. I loaded the Russia Feb 08 start point though so I might just wait till the people who get fired at the end of the season go.

Edit: I may start with higher rep at the end of the season if I still can't get a job. I'm very tempted to take Wolves job though and see what I can do.

hehe. Gonna start this now. Need a bit of rest of my Rizhiquan game. Auto reputation.

Applied for every club job except Ajax, for obvious reasons.:p

Yea im restarting as an international rep now, with only top divisions, except england and russia (encase two of the teams i want to manage at some point get themselfs relegated!)

it is possible to get top division jobs with a pro reputation though, just before i restarted i got offered Tavria in Ukraine... would have taken it, but they were bottom of the league with about 6 games to go, having to go away to Shakhtar and Dinamo Kiev...

International reputation should atleast give me more choise... would love to get a team like Dnipro in Ukraine, think that might be out of reach for a first job though

What great luck, started as an international reputation and got my job offer from Dnipro in Ukraine....

they are having a poor season though, only 11th in the league... so ive delayed my decision untill the end of the season. seems little point in me taking over now, they shouldnt go down, and they are too low to push for a european place...

I'll take the job in the summer, enless i get offered something better

2007/08 Update

I didn't get offered very many jobs but of the ones I did get offered 75% of the teams got relegated that year. In the end I was offered the Wolves, Auxerre and Hibs jobs which I delayed till the end of the season. Wolves failed to get into Prem Hibs finished 7th and Auxerre finishes in the bottom half. I decided to go for Auxerre as this would give me the best chance to build up my Reputation to the level needed to get top jobs. I think i'm unlikely to win the league as Lyon always dominate it but I can have a go.

Career

2007/08 - Unemployed

Honours

None.

I'm on a newly update version of FM with transfers, teams in right leagues and stuff, and I managed to get the Numancia job straight away :). With a 2.4m transfer budget I'll try to spend wisely to improve the squad in a lot of areas. Transfer update to come soo (when I sign some players lol)

Have just got my 2nd job offer...

QPR in the championship

all that money is very tempting, 11 million transfer budget has been promised...

ive delayed my decision untill the end of the season,

it may not matter though, QPR are in the relegation zone, if they go down my decision will be made for me

forst ame i held Inter to a 0-0draw not too bad but will have to go too italy in which my aim is to get the first goal. i have feyenoord at home next who are 3 points ahead of me so a win would help us alot then travel to de Graafschap who are currently in the relegation play off spot.

Have resigned from Auxerre after picking up 10 points from a possible 27 as they are b******s. They constantly play badly using even a basic 442 formation. I've brought in a few players but they would be better for the future and I don't have that much time.

Edit: I declared interst in lots of jobs and got the Coventry manager sacked. Then I looked and saw how badly they were doing and turned it down :D

Took my first job at Dnipro...

team looks hald decent, strong across the midfield with the likes of Nazarenko and Ferreyra being the best of the bunch.

only realy one decent striker though, so i'll probably be playing a 4-5-1

the defence is ok, but the weakest part of the team i think...

have got 3 million to spend, but sadly it doesnt seem that many players of the required quality are interested.

Just out of interest,... how is it that your manager has such random knowledge?! lol

Oh I dunno.:p

I'm Canadian with Hong Kong 2nd nationality. HK was ruled by England for nearly 100 years before giving the territory back to China, so I understand the England knowledge at least. I've played many years in Holland in FM08, so maybe they remember my 8 consecutive domestic streak with PSV in another save lol:p. Norway, Germany, and Denmark I have no idea:D. Neighbouring countries perhaps?

lost to inter before a 2-0 win then lost 2-0 things are looking bad :( I'm not sure where i have to finish to get into uefa cup as i am still 6th. EDIT : just found out at he moment i would be in Uefa cup not too bad but if i can finish fifth will br in play off for Champions league. not sure hwich i prefer.

Have started again (again) due to being umemployed for a year and a half after Auxerre. I'm going to use weegie up date and only load the top leagues. I'm also going to put my rep to to International level.

Edit: Also added second nationality so here new Profile.

Nice profile of Sinan Ates you got there :p

Good luck with Bucharest :thup:

Had my first two competitive matched with Dnipro vs Djurgarden in the 2nd round of the inter toto cup

won 4-2 away, and won 3-1 at home. so a tie with CSKA sofia awaits in the 3rd round

Had some success on the transfer front aswell...

was delighted to be able to sign Luis Jiminez for 2.8 million, a player who in my previous everton save game, was far and away my best signing, and in my opinion one of the best in the world! hope he can preform to the same level in my Dnipro team

other signings include two south american centre backs, Walter Garcia, and Humberto Mendoza.

a serbian left back/centre back Mirko Bunjevcevic

my forth signing is a Georgian defender/midfielder Kakhabar Mjavanadze, he will probably be more of a squad player...

on the whole the team now looks pretty srong, the only weak area of the first XI is at right back, although i am currently trying to re-loan Andrey Yeschenko who was at the club on loan from Dinamo Kiev last season

the only other issue is that my first choice GK's contract runs out in January 09, halfway through the coming season, and he doesnt seem to be interested in extending it!

Dnipro 2008/09

Had a reasonable start to the season with Dnipro, added a couple more good players. A right back on loan from Dinamo Kiev who, stats wise atleast, is a big improvement in what i have there. Also signed columbian attacking midfielder David Montoya, although he's 30, he was far too talented to turn down at £200k

Europe has gone well, beat Djurgarden and CSKA Sofia in the Intertoto Cup, and then found a way past AIK in the UEFA cup 2nd qualifying round. Have the first round of the UEFA cup to come, we are seeded and have to play St.Gallen from Switzerland, a game I'd hope to win.

Our league campaign has been a little mixed, we currently sit 5th, after 8 games, with 4 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats...

The points dropped are kind of hard to take, as we have been playing well and creating chances.

It seems my Dnipro team are going to suffer the same as every other team ive managed on FM08, they will create alot, get alot of shots on goal, and even get a good % of them on target, but they wont score many! Ive given up trying to get to the bottom of this problem, just sees that no matter what i do, the players just cant put the ball in to the back of the net!

What might make my goal scoring problem worse, is that my first choice striker has just broken a leg, and is out for 4-6 months. This come just one day after the transfer window closed, so no hope of signing a replacement. My 2nd chioce is fairly decent, but not up to the same level.

Archived